Post-Game Talk: “Everything is so crappy right now” - @gordonhught

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crappiest part of the team right now?

• Goaltending

Votes: 20 10.9%
  • Defense

Votes: 97 53.0%
  • Bad puck and injury luck

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Offensive depth

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Coaching

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • GM

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Owner

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Bobby

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
We suck. Defense is bottom 5, forward depth is trash, Campbell is no good and skinner is a rookie who is below 0.500 .

Prepare for a dark timeline. Awful team. Just awful.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
It’s over, the time has already passed. I don’t think he can even trade this year’s first without protections anymore, it’s too risky considering how the team is playing.

Check my post edit lol.

So we can wait on magic beans for another 5 years before they can contribute. We need impact players now while McDrai's are still in their prime.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pathetic. The Rangers are going to make us their bitches on Saturday. Let's just stay the course though Ken, still gotta see if we're going to be buyers or sellers again right? Holland is here for the paycheck far more than trying to grow his legacy by actually giving a f*** and building another cup team.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Remember me saying in that GDT how much I HATE these ceremonies and that it always seems to lead to bad things? It distracts from current team and play and if we're being the least bit out with it the OId Oilers are poison to be around. A bunch of pickled old fish. You shouldn't even want those guys hanging around except Katz,..he loves em like its 1982. whooops..
With all due respect Drive, things like this are just an excuse.

It's simple logic. This is a hockey team full of a lot of low IQ, soft hockey players. That's the crux of it.

team does not have enough good consistent hockey players.

I don't know what a few legends would do? Every team has alumni around the team.

Do the players get angry at them? Is their spotlight being taken away? How does Coffey, Gretzky before, etc effect these mental midgets? It should motivate them.

Unfortunately, most of these guys just don't have any consistent drive or urgency. They are just waiting for some help.

If they take 50 shots, how many are actual good ones in the slot? These guys REFUSE to crash the net. Perimeter primadonnas.

There is a reason they are always almost dead last in rebound goals every year

Reactions: harpoon

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Edmonton Oilers Country Club open for business once again.
You have been a solid contributor to this forum and myself, have long approved/supported many of your contributions. And yet during last game you were pissing on posters who said they were simply concerned that the club was continuing to trend in a negative fashion, yet again, (but then you have posted many negative posts about the team in various threads since the NJD game), and now this post and others in the GDT in the same vein. I assume you are as frustrated as many others here. No need to piss on people, greasy bird. We all want the same winning team to succeed.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Have to feel for McDavid lately. He can't do it by himself.

Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr always had some quieter games too but the supporting cast just seemed to be able to rise up until the superstar reverted to the mean.

Watching some of these guys handle the puck must be frustrating to him.

The only guy who seems to bring it every night is Hyman.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Pathetic. The Rangers are going to make us their bitches on Saturday. Let's just stay the course though Ken, still gotta see if we're going to be buyers or sellers again right? Holland is here for the paycheck far more than trying to grow his legacy by actually giving a f*** and building another cup team.
Holland's entire legacy is having some scouts luck into a bunch of Hall of Famers in the 17th round of the draft.

Reactions: OilfaninTO

TheMustardTiger

Owner of the Dirty Burger
May 4, 2016
.500 after 20 games, we need to make some trades in the next couple weeks if we hope to stand a chance. Picks, Prospects, players should all be on the table,

If I was Holland I would be calling Ottawa and Columbus up and run this for our D

Nurse Zub
Gavrikov Ceci
Kulak Niemelainen

The forward group is a whole other mess

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Kane is not fixing anything. This is a huge problem that keeeps getting worse.

There is no structure. Forwards do nothing to support one another. They play garbage D. All of them.

Much bigger problems than one injury.

It's like a crash now. Can't help, but watch it. Apathy has s t in a while ago. No energy to rave and rant.

Only a few trades will hype this team back up for me. Don't even look forward to games anymore.

Falling down fast. Flames with another welfare loss point.

The injury to Kane shows that he's much closer to a solution than he was the problem. I'm scared to see our win loss record with him out of the line up.

Yes we need D to bring the line up to a better balance. But it's no coincidence (imo) that this losing stretch of hockey we've seen take hold since Kane's injury.

Reactions: harpoon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Being stressed about being in and out of a playoff spot with 62 games left is just unnecessary stress.

Breathe.
If we were playing well and had players that looked like they could put the puck in the net and paid attention in the D zone I would agree with your assessment. The reality is that there are a ton of issues with this team and we have a GM that moves at a sloth's pace and a coach that somehow worsened our team when given more time to implement his systems.

Reactions: Cloned

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles fan coming in peace! This was my first game in person against the oilers in the McDavid era. Just didn’t work out in years passed to get to see him.

Just wanted to say the arena was filled with Oilers jerseys and fans! I was impressed and taken back! You guys travel well and really support your boys.

Good luck the rest of the way and hope you guys stay healthy and finish strong!

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Isles fan coming in peace! This was my first game in person against the oilers in the McDavid era. Just didn’t work out in years passed to get to see him.

Just wanted to say the arena was filled with Oilers jerseys and fans! I was impressed and taken back! You guys travel well and really support your boys.

Good luck the rest of the way and hope you guys stay healthy and finish strong!

f*** sakes, you know when shit is bad when you get other fans "coming here in peace" offering sympathy.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So we can wait on magic beans for another 5 years before they can contribute. We need impact players now while McDrai's are still in their prime.
Bedard would be an impact player. ;)

The time to trade was in the offseason. Now you’re going to get squeezed even harder and teams will be asking for that first this year, unprotected.

Holland waited too long, as usual.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
We're letting too many shots through, I remember we had a d-man who put it all on the line on the most high danger chances, he was the shot block king. Kris Russel, he wasn't the best but he often made the difference. That and honestly, we'd be better off with Duncan Keith for another year.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Woodcroft’s postgame presser was not good. Can’t tell if he either is in denial or thinks positivity can fix things. Our fans ripped on Tippett but he’d at least give it to you straight.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad