GDT: “Every day is a fresh start, a blank canvas to paint upon.” (Game #1 - Oct. 9) Flames @ Canucks [8pm MT.... 5am EEST on the 10th]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
How was Klapka? I see limited ice time and some PIMs but was he still effective in his limited time on the ice??
We lost the 4C Rooney very early in this one and then there were a huge number of penalties, so that meant no regular shift for that line. Not a lot of conclusions to draw from it, but he was out there at times down the stretch.

Reactions: Boomstick

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
How was Klapka? I see limited ice time and some PIMs but was he still effective in his limited time on the ice??
He ran over 3-4 Canucks in his 9 minutes ice time, and played smart enough in his own zone. He’s played his last game in the AHL regardless of what people think, he’s gonna have a good career as 4th liner.

Reactions: Wish You Were Here

Straight Fire

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Well I enjoyed that.

Popsicle surprisingly acceptable as a centre.

Lomberg unsurprisingly annoying all night.

Gonna need to run and gun for 81 more games, and I’m here for it.

:5:

What's wild is his face looks similar (though more manly) to another Connor in Chicago. Not as skilled no doubt but surprisingly skilled none-the-less. Kind of a crazy coincidence.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
One thing that is super clear is that Conroy likes them big. So Klapka's gonna have every chance of sticking around for a while but that being said, he's still waiver exempt and it's a long season.
968goa.jpg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hey that's a really cool way of starting the season.
I'm happy they sort of woke up and made it fun. My fear this year was that the first period would be how our season looked; and that would be gross for all of us.

Happy to see the Huberdeau line working as intended.
Does Zary ever look like the real deal. I'd love if he was playing with not-Backlund/Coleman 5 on 5 though. Like I wish we had a bit more talent on this roster.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm happy they sort of woke up and made it fun. My fear this year was that the first period would be how our season looked; and that would be gross for all of us.

Does Zary ever look like the real deal. I'd love if he was playing with not-Backlund/Coleman 5 on 5 though. Like I wish we had a bit more talent on this roster.
It's one game. Backlund/Coleman are historically a great slotting to help guys blossom offensively.

I'm sure we'll see a lot of variation anyway, especially when Sharangoalvich is back.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014

Remember when Zary was written off? We should have drafted Lapierre?
Remember when Honzek was written off? We should have drafted like 3-5 players instead?

Oo I hope that means good tidings for Pelletier sooner rather than later. I hope writing off players means they can focus on their game with a snarl and suddenly show up as a legit prospect.

I didn't get to watch this game. I was so busy moving things around my house to empty/relocate the home office, get the kids into a new room and make sure there's a spare bedroom that someone can sleep in (not full of junk) before the in-laws arrive in a week.

That was probably the difference between tying then losing in the third vs winning in OT against Vancouver this time. ;)

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Remember when Zary was written off? We should have drafted Lapierre?
Remember when Honzek was written off? We should have drafted like 3-5 players instead?

Oo I hope that means good tidings for Pelletier sooner rather than later. I hope writing off players means they can focus on their game with a snarl and suddenly show up as a legit prospect.

I didn't get to watch this game. I was so busy moving things around my house to empty/relocate the home office, get the kids into a new room and make sure there's a spare bedroom that someone can sleep in (not full of junk) before the in-laws arrive in a week.

That was probably the difference between tying then losing in the third vs winning in OT against Vancouver this time. ;)
Speaking of Pelts, I do wonder who will get the call to replace Rooney, I think it's safe to assume he will spend some time on IR. Pelletier and Morton seem like they'd be the leading candidates, but I think it'll be Morton as I don't think they want Pelts to miss the first 2 games of the AHL season as they open tomorrow.

Reactions: Figgy44

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Speaking of Pelts, I do wonder who will get the call to replace Rooney, I think it's safe to assume he will spend some time on IR. Pelletier and Morton seem like they'd be the leading candidates, but I think it'll be Morton as I don't think they want Pelts to miss the first 2 games of the AHL season as they open tomorrow.

Would have bet on Schwindt prior to the waivers claim, so I assume a natural C like Morton. Then I wonder if they ask Pelts to play C (helps work on his game) due to the C depth dropping suddenly for the Wranglers.

Or we're both wrong and a waiver exempt Dman is brought up instead.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Would have bet on Schwindt prior to the waivers claim, so I assume a natural C like Morton. Then I wonder if they ask Pelts to play C (helps work on his game) due to the C depth dropping suddenly for the Wranglers.

Or we're both wrong and a waiver exempt Dman is brought up instead.
Kirkland could be an option too since he's also a C.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Post Game videos...

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Kirkland could be an option too since he's also a C.

Beam me up Scotty!

Post Game videos...

Lots of good stuff that isn't as formal, but hints of "Earned not given" of the Hartley era.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Beam me up Scotty!

Lots of good stuff that isn't as formal, but hints of "Earned not given" of the Hartley era.
Hearing Weegs and Zary talk about Rooney should remind us that there are things we don't see that can make guys important to the team

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Hearing Weegs and Zary talk about Rooney should remind us that there are things we don't see that can make guys important to the team

From perhaps just a few months ago, you can see that lots of posters have warmed up to Rooney too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad