Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
his track record means **** all in the NHL he hasnt been passed the 2nd round of the playoffs in 10 years 6 1st round exits in that time 3 2nd round exits. those playes have a track record of 3 1st round exits so they really arent far behind babcock. The game changes so quickly that anything past 5 years ago is almost getting too far back

You're making it all about Babcock. What about the players? Players feet can't be held to the fire at all?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You're making it all about Babcock. What about the players? Players feet can't be held to the fire at all?

If nothing changes after Babcock is gone, start moving people. There's no either/or here, there's problems with both. We just can't tell how much of the player's problems are fixable with a different coach until we see them with one.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I can only imagine how triggering this man's personality would have been to some delicate constitutions:

quote-i-don-t-have-bad-relationships-with-my-players-but-i-don-t-get-into-long-conversations-scotty-bowman-65-15-11.jpg

Reactions: egd27

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Scotty had the BEST players most of the time and ran the most traditional system ever. You can't compare the defense on Scotty's teams to Leafs. If Scotty ran Leafs then you are talking Lou but 5X worse. You did exactly what you were told to do or you were in the minors. It does not work like that anymore. The NHL is not a dictatorship anymore.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If nothing changes after Babcock is gone, start moving people. There's no either/or here, there's problems with both. We just can't tell how much of the player's problems are fixable with a different coach until we see them with one.
if nothing changes after Babs is gone then you first change the GM and that's why Babs is still behind the bench

the Dube is on his knees praying they can right the ship for at least the next 20-30 games and if the wheels fall off then he can then promote his boy and if things still don't turn around he can use the excuse there wasn't enough time in the season to implement any new systems to try to buy another off season to make some changes

the Dube/GM fan club will be out in full force using this excuse to back him but we'll have to wait and see if the board buys more of his bs

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
if nothing changes after Babs is gone then you first change the GM and that's why Babs is still behind the bench

the Dube is on his knees praying they can right the ship for at least the next 20-30 games and if the wheels fall off then he can then promote his boy and if things still don't turn around he can use the excuse there wasn't enough time in the season to implement any new systems to try to buy another off season to make some changes

the Dube/GM fan club will be out in full force using this excuse to back him but we'll have to wait and see if the board buys more of his bs

There's no fan club lol, if he doesn't perform there's no problem getting rid of him. Babs is just a much more obvious problem right now.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

It would take me 20 minutes of prep and 1 practice and every guy in that room would get going back to a traditional breakout. These kids have done it there entire lives 5-6 days a week since they have been 5 years old. It is ingrained in them. Babs system is foreign soil for almost everyone. Too freakin complicated. Guys scratch their heads and don't fully get it. A McGill guy coming up with his own system which he bets on.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I just....
Told you guys already, we are facing a textbook narcissist. He is a mental case, he has serious issues. This isn't even funny anymore.

I'm done with Babcock, but there is nothing wrong with this comment. You expect him to say he's scared, can't sleep, or something? He's still got a job to do, for now.

This is actually a great answer.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It would take me 20 minutes of prep and 1 practice and every guy in that room would get going back to a traditional breakout. These kids have done it there entire lives 5-6 days a week since they have been 5 years old. It is ingrained in them. Babs system is foreign soil for almost everyone. Too freakin complicated. Guys scratch their heads and don't fully get it. A McGill guy coming up with his own system which he bets on.
I don't get it either as a defender. I would tell him like Commodore f*ck it I'm staying in front of net to stop any kill zone chances. or I'm in corner f ing a guy over to get the puck. 2 defenders behind net never works in hockey.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
i agree with you , i'm just saying Dubas and a segment of this board will use it as an excuse to try to buy him another year if things don't turn around with Keefe behind the bench

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
A simple acknowledgement that ‘yes I’ve not been good enough and need to be better’ would suffice. Guy has a serious superiority complex, not hard to see if the players have in fact gotten sick of him
This is what bugs me. After the way he spoke in the press conference after we were eliminated, I confidently knew he would never acknowledge anything was his fault. It would be all on the players and management.

Guess what Babs, you coached a terrible game 7. You coached it like a f***ing dinosaur unable to adapt. Everyone coaches bad games sometimes, just like players play bad games. It happens. But when it does, own up to it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
This is what bugs me. After the way he spoke in the press conference after we were eliminated, I confidently knew he would never acknowledge anything was his fault. It would be all on the players and management.

Guess what Babs, you coached a terrible game 7. You coached it like a ****ing dinosaur unable to adapt. Everyone coaches bad games sometimes, just like players play bad games. It happens. But when it does, own up to it.

It's not just fans that see it, Marchand was laughing at Babs for not being able to adapt.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
There's no fan club lol, if he doesn't perform there's no problem getting rid of him. Babs is just a much more obvious problem right now.
maybe you won't have a problem dumping the Dube but i can guarantee you they'll be people on here crying we have to give him more time , hell Burke was a disaster and there was a large number of posters crying like babies the day he was fired

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
maybe you won't have a problem dumping the Dube but i can guarantee you they'll be people on here crying we have to give him more time , hell Burke was a disaster and there was a large number of posters crying like babies the day he was fired

So what? Who cares if people on HF cry, it changes nothing lol.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
It's not just fans that see it, Marchand was laughing at Babs for not being able to adapt.
Adapt or die should be the motto. Not "I did gud in 2008 so it will always be 2008 no matter what". I want to see some effort to switch things up when need be. Not never, not when its 20 games too late. When need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad