Sportsnet: “All bets are off” in regards to Babcock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
And when he decides he wants Marner and Nylander on his wings? Or he only wants Rielly and Barrie as his defensemen? Or practices should start at 11 because 10 is too early?

Yeah kind of not what I meant in the slightest, but you are free to ignore that exaggerate all you want. I didn't say he should be running the show, just being played as most players of his caliber are.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I actually think it would be less pressure on Keefe in a way. The team is in crisis mode when he gets named...no real time to implement systems...so he can't be faulted for that...he basically has a free pass for this year. Next year would be where people would expect him with a full off-season to come out with a system that plays to our strengths.

Yup, I made a similar comment earlier. If Keefe had taken over prior to the season started the expectation would be home ice in the playoffs and two rounds at minimum. If Keefe takes over now or in the next couple weeks there is very little expectations - basically just to stop the freefall and stabilize at some point - and if the team managed to make the playoffs at this point I think a lot of people would be thrilled.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
1. Who? And don't say Marchment who wasnt even good enough for Dubas to send him to pre-season training camp. If babcock wants a guy up it goes through Dubas who executes the roster transaction.
:facepalm: Yeah, he really should have gotten out there and played f***ing HURT! That really would have solidified his chance of making this team!

And I'd love to hear an explanation for why a 150-checks-per-year defenseman like Jake Muzzin apparently forgot that skill when he came to Toronto, 'cause "The whole team is a bunch of wimps" ain't a good one.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
:facepalm: Yeah, he really should have gotten out there and played ****ing HURT! That really would have solidified his chance of making this team!

And I'd love to hear an explanation for why a 150-checks-per-year defenseman like Jake Muzzin apparently forgot that skill when he came to Toronto, 'cause "The whole team is a bunch of wimps" ain't a good one.
Bcuz coaching

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Bcuz coaching

not sure if this is a sarcastic post or not (never can tell on here) but muzzins hits and even block shots totals plummet as soon as he is traded to the leafs it truly is amazing. His lowest hit total in LA was 162 over a full season, toronto this season on pace for 128. The year he was traded here he played 50 games for LA and 30 games for the leafs

HITS:
In LA 50 games on pace for: 182
In Toronto 30 games on pace for: 119
BLOCKS:
In LA 50 games on pace for: 150
In TO 30 games on pace for: 114

That is the same season, that has to be coaching on pace for similar hits this season (128) not even close to his lowest total in LA. Blocks he hasnt seen as massive a drop but they have dropped too

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
not sure if this is a sarcastic post or not (never can tell on here) but muzzins hits and even block shots totals plummet as soon as he is traded to the leafs it truly is amazing. His lowest hit total in LA was 162 over a full season, toronto this season on pace for 128. The year he was traded here he played 50 games for LA and 30 games for the leafs

HITS:
In LA 50 games on pace for: 182
In Toronto 30 games on pace for: 119
BLOCKS:
In LA 50 games on pace for: 150
In TO 30 games on pace for: 114

That is the same season, that has to be coaching on pace for similar hits this season (128) not even close to his lowest total in LA. Blocks he hasnt seen as massive a drop but they have dropped too
I was serious

Reactions: Walshy7

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I just....
Told you guys already, we are facing a textbook narcissist. He is a mental case, he has serious issues. This isn't even funny anymore.

I mean, betting on yourself isn't a narcissistic thing. Do you expect him to be woe is me?

He's saying he's going to coach until he's told he's not the coach himself and he's confident in himself. Nothing wrong with that

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Maybe you should bet on your team, not yourself...

This quote is really bad considering the situation of things.

Let's be honest would you really be betting on this team right now?? Babcock has a better track record of success than some of those players. That doesn't mean Babcock is the right man for the job but some of those players are clearly dogging it and that is more disgraceful than anything Babcock has said.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I mean, betting on yourself isn't a narcissistic thing. Do you expect him to be woe is me?

He's saying he's going to coach until he's told he's not the coach himself and he's confident in himself. Nothing wrong with that

He was always egoist and loved to remind everyone that he knows everything way better than anyone.
...and now he's talking about himself in 3rd person.
This is scary.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

well, nobody ever thought that the problem was he lacked confidence in himself. The reality is his approach isn't working now, and rather than hint towards being flexible or open to changing things up, all he wants to say is he's betting on Mike Babcock. It would be nice if he said something about betting on the players or the management rather than continuing to act like he's on his own island, but oh well

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Let's be honest would you really be betting on this team right now?? Babcock has a better track record of success than some of those players. That doesn't mean Babcock is the right man for the job but some of those players are clearly dogging it and that is more disgraceful than anything Babcock has said.

his track record means f*** all in the NHL he hasnt been passed the 2nd round of the playoffs in 10 years 6 1st round exits in that time 3 2nd round exits. those playes have a track record of 3 1st round exits so they really arent far behind babcock. The game changes so quickly that anything past 5 years ago is almost getting too far back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad