Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
AJ Greer shouldn't have any expectations.

He's a plug who may carve out a role on the 4th line. We signed him to play well in the AHL. If he manages to even stay up in the NHL that's a win for me.

Nothing about his journey says that he has untapped offensive potential. He will not likely do well if he continues to play on the third line.

But we can dream.

Depends on our definition of untapped offensive potential. A top line 30 goal scorer, absolutely not.

A 3rd or 4th line physical winger who can score 20-30 points seems reasonable. His AHL numbers last season were enticing, plus the 100+ PIMs... if he brings that energy the Bruins have an upgrade on Frederic.

If he floats and does not drive energy/physicality, then he should return to Providence.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I think it makes plenty of sense to try it, especially now, against a pitiful opposing team, while DeBrusk is out.

HAL/BER/LAU
ZAC/KRE/PAS
FRE/COY/SMI
FOL/NOS(STU)/GRE
LIN/STR
REI/CAR
FOR/ZBO(CLI)
ULL
SWA

is there an update on Stralman's availability while it still matters?
you're not doing wholesale changes in 72 hours....

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Why do they have the young guy in Zboril playing his off side rather than the vet Reily? Cassidy did it too and it doesn't make sense to me.I

MO they're both playing for the same spot once McAvoy gets back and Stralman slots in on the right.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Is he though? I mean the kid's got 55 NHL games under his belt and coming off a long layoff - Reily's got 300+games of experience.
Easy answer: Some dmen are comfortable skating both sides, others aren’t. It’s not easy to play on your off wing (off side on D). It affects the way you receive passes amongst other things.

Reactions: Kegs

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Why do they have the young guy in Zboril playing his off side rather than the vet Reily? Cassidy did it too and it doesn't make sense to me.I

MO they're both playing for the same spot once McAvoy gets back and Stralman slots in on the right.
they’ve been using Zboril on both sides of the ice for years in the NHL and AHL. iirc he even played the right side in juniors.
It’s not a skill everyone has after playing the same side of the ice for years

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Bruins NUMBAS Plan:

Trade:

To Boston: C Bo Horvat, F Michael Ferland, RHD Jett Woo
To Vancouver: RHD Brandon Carlo, C Charlie Coyle

Sign:

F David Pastrnak #88 - 8 Years, 88 Million, 11.0 AAV
C Bo Horvat #53 - 8 Years, 53 Million, 6.625 AAV

I can't see Larkin moving from Michigan as his entire life and entire hockey career has been there but if you traded for him instead you could:

Sign:

C Dylan Larkin #71 - 8 Years, 71 Million, 8.875 AAV

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins NUMBAS Plan:

Trade:

Sign:

I can't see Larkin moving from Michigan as his entire life and entire hockey career has been there but if you traded for him instead you could:

Sign:

Funny, I have also been trying to work out the Hovat + ??? for Carlo and Coyle deal.

I don't think you get Vancouver to bite unless you are taking back a worse contract than Ferland's. Coyle's contract isn't a positive value deal, and Horvat has more value than Carlo. OEL? I dunno how to make it work.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Funny, I have also been trying to work out the Hovat + ??? for Carlo and Coyle deal.

I don't think you get Vancouver to bite unless you are taking back a worse contract than Ferland's. Coyle's contract isn't a positive value deal, and Horvat has more value than Carlo. OEL? I dunno how to make it work.
Winter, great talking pick with you again.

I think Canucks take that and pair Carlo with Hughes for the next half decade and run with Miller, Pettersson and Coyle down the middle.

Ferland joins McAvoy, Carlo, Marchand, DeBrusk and the guy from next game on the LTIR until next year.

Reactions: wintersej

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Bruins NUMBAS Plan:

Trade:

Sign:

Sign:

why does Vancouver do this?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
dan renouf looks like next man up. would've thought carrick was the guy. providence folks thoughts on renouf? haven't seen the guy much myself.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad