Proposal: Zuccarello+ for Panarin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The centerpiece of a trade for Panarin cannot be a player as old as Zuccarello.

Why? He fits in with the age of Toews and Kane. The team is basically built around getting as much out of them and Keith as they can and dealing with the future beyond that when it happens.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really because Panarin is quite a bit better than Zuccarello IMO?

How much better is he? 5 points better? He's younger, he's better, and he has more value, but how much better is he? I don't think its that much, since Panarin wouldn't play with Patrick Kane on our team. I don't think its enough that I would want to give up our best prospect.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
How much better is he? 5 points better? He's younger, he's better, and he has more value, but how much better is he? I don't think its that much, since Panarin wouldn't play with Patrick Kane on our team. I don't think its enough that I would want to give up our best prospect.

He is better and younger. Zucc is definetely the better defensive player but Panarin just had a crazy good offensive season with Kane. Lets just keep it at that. Gotta also remember that Zucc has a bargain contract, Panarin will seek a longterm big money deal.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Rangers really don't have the cap for Panarin....assuming Panarin is going to have very good season and going to get about 7m.

If the Hawks trade Panarin or anyone to get cap space, maybe it makes more sense to them to get young "prospects" May not be of immediate help to the Hawks but such is the nature of a cap salaried system.

Carolina has cap space and need wingers....could the Canes offer a few young Dmen which they have "excess"

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So Chicago traded quality for quantity without even saving much cap space, if any at all. Seems rather pointless.

They don't save cap space directly, but they do get a pile of good depth players who make very fair salaries. Those are the types of players the Hawks need to get to move forward competitively now that Kane and Toews new contracts have started.

They wouldn't do a move like this now though. Maybe next summer if they feel a good offer of quality depth parts are there, but not now.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
If Chicago decides to move Panarin for cap reasons, teams will line to give them some good, young cheap talent in return.

They won't be taking a collection of stuff costing them more than Panarin.

They would this as an opportunity to save cap space.

You can always find players making $2-3M who are decent middle players by simply taking on their contracts. They have little trade value on the market anymore.

The Hawks would want 1 young premium player who's cheaper but less established than Panarin. If the value was such that they needed more than that, they'd ask for draft picks.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That's horrible for us. The difference between Zucc and Panarin is not one of the leaders in Primary assists per 60 over the past 2 years and a good bottom-6 forward

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
terrible for NYR, a Rangers fan made this offer?

Ye i did and im a huge Zucc fan, dont wanna trade him but we need to get younger. Someone thinks its horrible for Chi, other like you think its horrible for NYR. Seems like a pretty fair deal then imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad