Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
ANA says no easily.

Zegras >> Guhle
That's wild to me unless you're saying this strictly due to roster construction and ducks already good on LD.

Guhle in 2nd pro season already playing 1st pair on the wrong side and doing really well. Was the only Habs player who could defend against mcdavid this year (as good as anyone can at least).

Zegras is soft, weak defensively. Give me the top pairing D any day of the week over the skilled winger

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Funny how Seider wouldn't be on the top.pair for any of those teams either heh?

Guhle and Seider are equivalent on our end. They have the same upside.

Would you trade Seider for Zegras?
Seider and Guhle are equivalent? Hahahaha

Absolutely historical delusion on that one.

I also never made a comment about Sedier being a top pair on every team in the league like you did for Guhle, which was also delusional

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
No to Zegras for Guhle.
Would you guys do Guhle for McTavish?

If the answer is No, then now you know how we feel when the offer is Zegras for Guhle.
Only, there was no offer of Zegras for Guhle. It was a Habs fan offering Guhle for Zegras. Almost no Ducks fan wants to trade Zegras, much less, make a thread about offering him up in a trade.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This ridiculous proposal is exactly the type that most fans can't comprehend as the bias towards scoring forwards and the inability to grasp the longer development curve to become a high end dman is common place among the laymen. This proposal just perfectly fits into the misguided narrative of very amateur pundits.

NHL GM's don't want to give up 22 year old dmen with clear top of the lineup upside for dipsy doodle soft forwards who are more interested in going viral on youtube than going to the dirty areas and helping their team win games. Sure Zegras might be your EA sports dangle buddy but players like Guhle are worth more at this stage of each player's respective development curves.

There is a reason that Anaheim is all too willing to listen to offers for Zegras and even canvas the league in search of a partner whereas Montreal is fending off desperate attempts from GM's to try and acquire a player like Guhle and certainly not looking to move him despite a backlog of very good young LD's in the system.

The homer blinders on the Anaheim fans are hilarious and sad all at the same time.
I like that you got the Anaheim fans are the 1s with blinders… this may have been 1 of the most biased blinders post in the thread so congrats on that lol

When all we’ve said was we don’t have interest in moving for guhle when we have Mintyukov zellweger Lacombe hinds and seem like we’re prob taking silayev or buium at the draft.

Anaheim fans didn’t make the thread (for the 5th time) Montreal fans did .

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I like that you got the Anaheim fans are the 1s with blinders… this may have been 1 of the most biased blinders post in the thread so congrats on that lol

When all we’ve said was we don’t have interest in moving for guhle when we have Mintyukov zellweger Lacombe hinds and seem like we’re prob taking silayev or buium at the draft.

Then why are you among other Duck fans asserting that Guhle was an ask from Anaheim. This is the problem when you are as disingenuous as you are demonstrating as you will inevitably contradict yourself as your opinion is derived purely from bias and is without a factual or rational foundation.

Anyways enjoy your echo chamber, I am done with this infantile nonsense

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
8 pages later, I understand Habs fans think Guhle is worth more, while Anaheim fans think Zegras is worth more.

My conclusion: basically a fair deal, more or less!
This is probably a relatively fair deal... but makes no sense for either team. For the Ducks, it adds to a strength (LHD) while exacerbating a problem (offense). For Montreal, it fills one hole (2C) while creating another (top 4 defensive D... not going into if he's a #1, 2, or 3).

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY

It's funny, if they'd just stopped typing after the first paragraph it probably would have been seen as one of the more reasonable takes in this trainwreck of a thread...

...but alas

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks

This sums up every Zegras thread so well.

Reactions: dracom

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
This ridiculous proposal is exactly the type that most fans can't comprehend as the bias towards scoring forwards and the inability to grasp the longer development curve to become a high end dman is common place among the laymen. This proposal just perfectly fits into the misguided narrative of very amateur pundits.

NHL GM's don't want to give up 22 year old dmen with clear top of the lineup upside for dipsy doodle soft forwards who are more interested in going viral on youtube than going to the dirty areas and helping their team win games. Sure Zegras might be your EA sports dangle buddy but players like Guhle are worth more at this stage of each player's respective development curves.

There is a reason that Anaheim is all too willing to listen to offers for Zegras and even canvas the league in search of a partner whereas Montreal is fending off desperate attempts from GM's to try and acquire a player like Guhle and certainly not looking to move him despite a backlog of very good young LD's in the system.

The homer blinders on the Anaheim fans are hilarious and sad all at the same time.

I'm physically cringing from the embarrassment of this post, oh my lord. DUCKS FANS DID NOT START THIS THREAD, WE DO NOT WANT GUHLE. WE WANT TO KEEP ZEGRAS. You all make these threads, we say no, you shit on our player. It's f***ing pathetic.

Then why are you among other Duck fans asserting that Guhle was an ask from Anaheim. This is the problem when you are as disingenuous as you are demonstrating as you will inevitably contradict yourself as your opinion is derived purely from bias and is without a factual or rational foundation.

Anyways enjoy your echo chamber, I am done with this infantile nonsense

I don't believe you know what an echo chamber is.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
For all the talk about the impact of D I wonder who people are saying were the most influential players in this year’s finals?
My vote would be tkachuk, not known as a two way player, Barkov Rodrigo, Drai and mcdavid. I can’t say Ekblad or Forsling were as influential.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Absolutely wild Montreal didn't trade Ghule, their 5th, or Reinbacher, or maybe even more. They even happily used their 21st pick. I'm sure Montreal will pay an arm and a leg for your soft bleh forward in your dreams though :laugh:.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Absolutely wild Montreal didn't trade Ghule, their 5th, or Reinbacher, or maybe even more. They even happily used their 21st pick. I'm sure Montreal will pay an arm and a leg for your soft bleh forward in your dreams though :laugh:.
oh no, the ducks have to keep their 65 point young forward.

If we played our cards right, we could've traded for the first overall and got a 50 point forward!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Factor in what Guhle has done in a short time at his age with a big development year lost to Covid and he’s trending towards a top pairing D. Look at an elite D like Josi and he didn’t have the same trajectory at the same age - before everyone freaks out and says he’s no Josi I’m not saying that, he’s got a lot of runway next 3-4 years to hit his prime and I think he will be a big part of a contenting team.

• Haha
Reactions: LuGBuG

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
Neutral fan here. Zegras holds more trade value than Guhle and it’s not close. It doesn’t mean he will turn out to be a more valuable player, but Anaheim would be unlikely to take a deal centring Guhle unless there was a decent value add.

Reactions: Vipers31

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Neutral fan here. Zegras holds more trade value than Guhle and it’s not close. It doesn’t mean he will turn out to be a more valuable player, but Anaheim would be unlikely to take a deal centring Guhle unless there was a decent value add.

I think we can prob axe this thread and hopefully Montreal fans won’t show up asking for zegras anymore

Reactions: lwvs84 and Rec T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad