Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't know it to be a fact, but I feel more confident about it in Guhle's case. It's an opinion not a fact, I could be wrong.

They can both be good players…. It’s not against any rules…

These threads generally just turn into hab fans shitting on zegras.
You don’t have to like the trade idea, but you can do it without hating on zegras for things you can’t really back.

Duck fans are happy with zegras and all of us hope he’s here for a long time.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Cept not 1 duck fan has offered zegras or mctavish for guhle…. It’s always Canadian fans offering guhle for zegras and Anaheim not really being into it.

So no that isn’t exactly how you feel.

LHD isn’t exactly appealing to us, and we can still go lhd at draft.
Be that as it may, that LHD you draft will be ready in 2 to 3 years while Guhle is ready now.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Can we lock this up? We already had a big thread filled with Montreal fans telling us how Zegras sucks and Guhle will be a Norris candidate in a year or two.
Sorry we have more than five fans who visit the main boards.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
They can both be good players…. It’s not against any rules…

These threads generally just turn into hab fans shitting on zegras.
You don’t have to like the trade idea, but you can do it without hating on zegras for things you can’t really back.

Duck fans are happy with zegras and all of us hope he’s here for a long time.
It's not shitting on Zegras saying I prefer Guhle for this team. I said similar things about Necas. I don't hate either player, I just think you can. Only have so.many of the perimeter / finesse player if you want to win and we happen to have Caufield already. A 2nd wouldn't be the end of the world , but not at the cost of Guhle.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
It's also longer to develop defenseman than forwards.
Making that trade would potentially push our window a bit.

I don't think this one is a bad thread at all. Even if I'm not making that trade personnally and I saw a lot of Ducks fan not interested as well.
I think it's a hockey trade with 2 very high quality pieces.

If it were on the table, I would certainly think about it.

If the team made that trade, I wouldn't be pissed off, even if I would've gone a different direction.
Yeah but you are a logical person willing to have a discussion. Everytime a Zegras thread comes up tons of haters flock to it.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Why the hell would the habs trade a defenseman to the ducks when they are absolutely praying to every gods that they draft a defenseman?

JustYourRegularGuy

Jun 27, 2024
Neutral-ish fan here (actually no, as a Leafs fan I hate Montreal), and I say this favors the Ducks slightly.

Zegras is talented but soft and poor defensively. If he can avoid the injury bug, I think Guhle will ultimately end up being the better and more impactful player.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If we trade Guhle I want a different return then Zegras. My biggest fear, by far is that Z is a ticking signing time bomb.

Notice, I'm not putting Z down, I just don't want him. Maybe Mercer, Couzins, Bernier and the like. If we have to add, we add.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Doesn't seem like a good fit trade. Guhle is going to be Montreal's #1 LHD and Ducks already have Mintyukov in that role. Ducks can run 3 offensive lines with Zegras in, and a very good chance of drafting a D in this draft. This can be revisited if Ducks draft Demidov and Montreal takes Dickinson/Silayev.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Gomez was 30.
Drouin’s career high as a 29 year old is less then Zegras had as a 20 year old and 21 year old.

I get the joke but it’s not even close to the same situation.
More on Habs trading away promising young D for a skilled forward that underperformed post trade. Maybe Zegras bucks that trend but he’s not a player I’d target and no real rush to trade Guhle like many in our fan base are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad