Proposal: Zegras for Guhle, 1 for 1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal needs another top 6 forward that fits their young core. Zegras is one of Caufield's best friends.

Anaheim needs another solid young D that can play on the right side and eat solid defensive minutes. Guhle is a LHD but played almost half the season on the right.

Who says no? Fair?

I think something happens at the draft for Zegras.
Hard pass for Montreal. Big mistake to trade Guhle

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Habs: o hell na

U win with guhles in the playoffs not with zegras
I would agree. Mainly because the Habs have quite a few forward prospects that are in the 6 feet and under range that could be scorers in the NHL. Not sure which ones could make it, but the likes of Kapenen, Kidney, Mesar, to the already Caulfield, not sure I'd send out a potential top 4 Dman who brings some size, for a scoring winger.

Cause, you typically don't keep that many smaller players on the roster, at least not more than say 4 of them.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
This has been discussed over and over again. Montreal can't afford to give up Guhle. They don't have anyone else ready to eat his minutes. I would love XZegras in Montreal but we just can't afford to lose the assets it would take to acquire him.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This has been discussed over and over again. Montreal can't afford to give up Guhle. They don't have anyone else ready to eat his minutes. I would love XZegras in Montreal but we just can't afford to lose the assets it would take to acquire him.
I think Montreal can afford to lose Guhle with Hutson, Xhekaj, Harris, Matheson, Struble, Trudeau, etc on the left side, especially if that means getting a top 6 forward that fits their core and if they can nab a Buium/Dickinson/Silayev as well.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think Montreal can afford to lose Guhle with Hutson, Xhekaj, Harris, Matheson, Struble, Trudeau, etc on the left side, especially if that means getting a top 6 forward that fits their core and if they can nab a Buium/Dickinson/Silayev as well.
Neither Xhekaj or Hutson is ready to play 20+ minutes a game and face top competition. Hutson was fun to watch but he still has a lot to learn, especially positioning and stick work. He's still very raw.

Struble, Harris and Trudeau are good NHLer but will most likely remain bottom pairing guys. I wouldn't be confident having one of them play in my top 4.

Buium & Silayev are years away from being capable to make that kind of impact at the NHL level and Dickinson is a righty.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lmao

No we keeping hutson and gambling on his potential
You trade Hutson for Zegras or a guy like Perfetti or McGroarty

Yoi draft Buium or dickinson at 5, get bigger on D with similar upside, better in your top 6 and trade the 26 for more help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad