Zadorov hit to the head on Glendenning. Suspension or no?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Probably 1 or 2 games. Can't argue with that. There's one camera angle that clearly shows how Glendening's jaw gets the hit first.

Unintentional but that shouldn't matter when it comes to checks to the head, except of course when it's clearly intentional

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Watch it at game speed and not slow-motion. Glendening is going to make a play on the puck.

If he bailed out of going after the puck because he was afraid of being hit, he wouldn't be in the NHL.
I mean yeah, I’m not saying he should completely bail out on the puck. But he definitely shouldn’t put himself into a vulnerable position last second.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Kahvi, exactly. It was a bad hit. I'm glad Glendening seemed okay and eventually came back to the Stars bench.

Zads is a bonehead.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
If you can't see the difference between the two you're either biased or blind. Possibly both.

Anyway, him being out would be good for Calgary. He's a terrible defenseman.

Zadorov and Gudbransen have been a really solid 3rd pairing for most of the season. When they were signed / traded for I think everybody hated it, they were quite bad to start the season but they got better

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I’m confused as to what Glendening was doing. He briefly looks up and sees one of the biggest players in the league skating directly towards him and he decides to put himself into a more vulnerable position than he already was.
You're confused that a professional hockey player was playing hockey?

Reactions: TheNumber4

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
For me, that is a straightforward 1 game suspension. I would be fine to see Zadorov get 2 games as well. Dangerous hit.

McSendy

Nov 29, 2017
Oilers fan here saying that's not suspension worthy in any way. Big guy hits small guy skating bent over. Clean hit with incidental head contact. If the NHL is going to start suspending incidental head contact, then it won't be long until we see hockey with no hitting.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Just think if the stars were eliminated last night than waking up finding out DPOS says this was illegal check to the head the refs missed and didn't give the stars a 5 min major PP bc glendenning was bleeding. The headlines would be insane and probably make it any game with questionable head contact get reviewed immediately and award said team who initiated head hit with a penalty.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Just think, that wasn't a penalty but this was for an apparent hit to the head.

Should 100% be a suspension for Zadorov.

Edit : I see you’re agreeing. Yeah, this wasn’t a bit to the head at all. I’m surprised Z wasn’t penalized

The other angle shows there’s zero contact to the head on this hit. Legitimately none. I’m not a Calgary fan at all

Last edited:
Reactions: Satan

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yup. The Zadorov hit is what a hit to the head actually looks like.

Full speed. Head looks to be the principal point of contact. I hear the size difference arguments, but Zadorov is responsible to account for that when going in. I don’t think Glendening changes his body position all that much. My guess is it is a 1 game suspension.

Comparing this to the Crosby hit is bonkers.

It’s closer to the guentzel hit and that wasn’t a suspension either. So I don’t think this is a suspension.

Edit nvm just saw the hearing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad