Zadorov hit to the head on Glendenning. Suspension or no?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not really sure where you're seeing contact initiated through Glendenning's left shoulder. Looks like the initial and brunt of the impact is through the head when you slow it down. If anything it looks like the secondary impact is to Glendenning's right should and the left shoulder doesn't take any impact at all.

Should be a suspension imo.

Around the 50 second mark.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I would have been fine with it if he didn't rise up at the end. And I f***ing love me some Big Z hits. Worth a game or two.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nope, not close to a suspension. He's just trying to go through him. He catches some of his head because Zadorov is 6'6 and Glendening is 5'11....

Reactions: FMichael

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I would have been fine with it if he didn't rise up at the end. And I f***ing love me some Big Z hits. Worth a game or two.
Yup. If he didn't elevate up at the end he wouldn't have caught head. He was actually in the perfect stance to throw a huge clean check, but rose out of the position right before contact.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Don't like this hit at all. He had the chance to power through his midsection, and instead, he followed through high and got him right in the face.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Glendening listed at 5'11"? He looks about 5'2" in that clip. As for discipline, who knows anymore. Absolute crap that the pedigree of the player getting hit comes into the decision of penalties/fines/suspensions. Glendening's career earnings is less than some guys' annual salary, but because he doesn't score as many goals, it's open season on potential life-altering hits that could bankrupt him in retirement.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How was Glen allowed back in the game?

He was not actually in the game. He sat on the bench because its what he wanted. Bowness by the way said the concussion was not the biggest issue with him but he hurt something lower body . I assume when he crumbled after he got hit he hurt his one of his legs or something

Last edited:
Reactions: Nihiliste

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure if this was Hakanpää hitting Gaudreau, everyone's opinion would be exactly the same, right?
I think it's been proven many times that the opinion takes a 180 for every fan base

I'd actually say the 2 hits are similar, I just find it disgusting that fans will make fun of a guy who's hurt.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
"Initial" contact doesn't matter, does it? He's still hitting through the chest. The replay from the other side even shows he initiates contact with Glendenning's left shoulder. The only reason he doesn't also drive through the hips, making it more obvious it's not picking the head, is because Glendenning is leaning forward so dramatically.

So, to me, it's more a question of whether or not Glendenning should be considered defenseless and whether or not you can hold Zadorov responsible for completely bailing out of a hit in that situation. I think such situations exist for sure, but my read is that this isn't one of them. The more I watch it, the more absurd it is that Glendenning looks down for so long and skates right into a defender - immediately after glancing up and seeing Zadorov racing to beat him to that ice.

I think part of the problem is that Glendenning total shifts his direction and body position at the last second and in real time what is Zadorov supposed to do there?

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019

b/c the Trouba hit was reactionary

Yup. The Zadorov hit is what a hit to the head actually looks like.

Full speed. Head looks to be the principal point of contact. I hear the size difference arguments, but Zadorov is responsible to account for that when going in. I don’t think Glendening changes his body position all that much. My guess is it is a 1 game suspension.

Comparing this to the Crosby hit is bonkers.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Don't like this hit at all. He had the chance to power through his midsection, and instead, he followed through high and got him right in the face.
Exactly. This hit was not to Glendening's chest. It was delivered to the head only. At that angle, Zadorov could have chosen where to hit and decided to go for the head... and stuck out his elbow a bit to make sure he made contact.

Reactions: LT

GreenLine

May 24, 2021
He cuts across the front and clips the head rather than going through the body, despite Glendenning not changing his body position or turning or stopping or anything.

I'm reasonably confident this will be a suspension.

If the Crosby hit is not a suspension why would this be?

Not that I think it was clean, just going by NHL standards.
This was a player skating in a straight line who could've easily been hit cleanly. The hit on Crosby was a broken play that happened really fast with a lot going on (the poke check, Crosby trying to cut around him and falling after the poke check). If you really can't see the difference, at least keep your whining to the Crosby thread.

Reactions: bbny

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
For those of you claiming he should have powered through Glendennings chest instead would you like zadorov to have dropped to his knees when glendennings body shifted last second?

Matt cooke and his blindside hits were headshots not this. The head took a lot of the force in this hit but for christ sake heads take a lot of force in "clean" hits regardless

The disparity in height is the main factor here, but what are your options here? Do you tell anyone over 6 feet they cant hit anyone with a 4 inch or more height disadvantage?

I bet you glendenning would say the hit was fine, he should have prepared himself better

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It was an obvious penalty and the refs should be ashamed for how they called game six. They need to go back and review the game footage so they can see how bad they f***ed that game up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad