Zack Kassian II - The Ben Scrivens edition

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If we get trade for a goalie NOW, I'm seriously going to ****ing lose it.

No joke, the boxing gym better be open.

Bernard Brissette thinks there is panic running through this organization from top to bottom.
Hiring in a tender would indeed be a good indication of scrambled thinking.
Just think If we miss the playoffs we will have come full circle to where SS was called in to recommend a GM. If we compare our issues to those of the Red Wings of two years ago we can't make excuses.
They were able to bring in young players and stay afloat until the cavalry arrived.
But then again they had a coach who genuinely liked and trusted his players.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Keep Kassian you Goddamn idiot. Habs are a bunch kittens.
I am really getting sick of Montreal getting rid of players if they don't act like robots.

They traded Chelios for an old man because he wasn't an angel.

Imagine a guy like Ferguson today, they would trade him because he was just too dang mean.

When will management realize all those old Hab teams had some nasty guys protecting the star players some of the guys were dirty like Chelios or a player like Nilan might suddenly start attacking the other teams bench:laugh:. The thing is they were crazy enough to make the other players a little nervous when they were on the ice. No one makes other teams nervous now except maybe Price stoning them during a game.

Last edited:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I am really getting sick of Montreal getting rid of players if they don't act like robots.

Imagine a guy like Ferguson today, they would trade him because he was just too dang mean.

When will management realize all those old Hab teams had some nasty guys protecting the star players some of the guys were dirty like Chelios or a player like Nilan might suddenly start attacking the other teams bench:laugh:. The thing is they were crazy enough to make the other players a little nervous when they were on the ice. No one makes other teams nervous now except maybe Price stoning them during a game.

Ahmen!

I really thought we had turned that corner when we traded for DSP, Kassian, had Big Mac developing and Tinordi knocking at the door! And then came Flynn, Mitchell, Byron, and the soft parade continued on.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
He did have a chance to play. Stay in shape, stay out of bars, don't let anyone drive your truck into a tree. He blew it.

Listen, when I was 23, I was making far worse mistakes than he did - I turned it around after a pretty solid wake-up call and I think he deserves the chance to prove he has too.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Right?

MB and Therrien are just like Gauthier and Martin, ballsless idiots.

Molson should hire Chelios for President.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm not going to lose too much sleep over Kassian, as he's an enigma who teams have previously given up on, but the obsession with character is one of the problem that keeps Canadian teams from becoming contenders in the modern NHL - the Habs and Leafs especially pat themselves on the back for their tradition, which apparently includes filling the team with nothing but good ol' farmboys with no personalities based on some fictional blue collar image of a vanilla hockey player.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm not going to lose too much sleep over Kassian, as he's an enigma who teams have previously given up on, but the obsession with character is one of the problem that keeps Canadian teams from becoming contenders in the modern NHL - the Habs and Leafs especially pat themselves on the back for their tradition, which apparently includes filling the team with nothing but good ol' farmboys with no personalities based on some fictional blue collar image of a vanilla hockey player.

I think there's an exaggeration with Kassian. He went into phase 2 of substance abuse. Sean Avery had poor character, Kassian has other problems. Yes, it's a character issue(I guess) but being drunk, letting other drunk people drive and getting into an accident isn't exactly something you sweep under the rug.

People forget that if Kassian didn't lose time from the rehab he would've lost time from the broken foot and nose he suffered from that fiasco. Why would most teams want to invest in someone like that?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
If I ever hear on TV that we need a powerforward that can play the game, I think that I'll throw a brick at it.

I can't believe we're about to trade the exact kind of package that we need, for Ben ****ing Scrivens.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The only way you get a player with Kassian's tools for cheap is if there's baggage attached. If Habs aren't skilled enough to develop one on their own and too risky/not enough pieces to trade for one...they need to make the effort to lose the baggage on Kassian.

Guys like Scrivens are dime a dozen. There's no guarantee he's even better than Condon.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I have no issue bailing on Kassian. He betrayed the team, however this isn't the deal to make. This isn't as stupid as the Cammalleri fiasco, but it is in the same vein.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Listen, when I was 23, I was making far worse mistakes than he did - I turned it around after a pretty solid wake-up call and I think he deserves the chance to prove he has too.

Yes, and he will get one last chance... with Edmonton.

Provided that he finds his wallet..

Here's the thing. He had one year left on his deal, and we weren't going to sign him. And it seems obvious he wasn't going to be of any help to the team THIS season. So... we had one move left.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Yes, and he will get one last chance... with Edmonton.

Provided that he finds his wallet..

Here's the thing. He had one year left on his deal, and we weren't going to sign him. And it seems obvious he wasn't going to be of any help to the team THIS season. So... we had one move left.

I was listening to the show this morning and what they said was that a Wesmount Security Officer found his wallet in Westmount Square. Was he out at a bar late at night? possiblly.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I was listening to the show this morning and what they said was that a Wesmount Security Officer found his wallet in Westmount Square. Was he out at a bar late at night? possiblly.

lol what a tool

POWER FORWARD??? more like a bum who thinks he can pass the puck like Datsyuk.

baby lotion soft

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Ahmen!

I really thought we had turned that corner when we traded for DSP, Kassian, had Big Mac developing and Tinordi knocking at the door! And then came Flynn, Mitchell, Byron, and the soft parade continued on.

What

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

A few years ago the Leafs had a bunch of jerks with them like Colton Orr. Remember when they gave a beating to the Habs? And then how about the good old days of Tucker when Kovalev took his head off? Or Wendel Clark.

The Leafs have had less problems grafting jerks to their line-up over the years.

Habs though always has to have good little boys. Prust was a Godsend to us cause he wasn't that.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
A few years ago the Leafs had a bunch of jerks with them like Colton Orr. Remember when they gave a beating to the Habs? And then how about the good old days of Tucker when Kovalev took his head off? Or Wendel Clark.

The Leafs have had less problems grafting jerks to their line-up over the years.

Habs though always has to have good little boys. Prust was a Godsend to us cause he wasn't that.

We were quite big 2 years ago with Parros, Murray, Moen, Prust, Tinordi, White, Weise, Bourque. ..

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
What indeed, those three players have nothing to do with the recent lack of success.

I'm not a fan of soft players, especially in the bottom six, and that is what we have. That was my point. I know Flynn and Byron get a lot of love here - not players I enjoy watching, personally.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why doesn't he just keep personal info to himself. Focus on what needs to be done and stop yapping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad