Player Discussion Zach Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I hope we buyout Parise.

7F: Zucc, Kunin, Greenway, Fiala, Zucker, Donato, Eriksson Ek
3D: Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba (Brodin handshake deal to sign after expansion)
1G: Dubnyk

Expose
F: Foligno, Hartman, (Koivu), (Staal)
D: (Brodin), Soucy, Seeler, (Hunt)
G: Stalock

Have you looked at Parise's buyout? Zach Parise Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It's only a total savings of $6m and 10 years of dead money.
Savings:
20-21: $6.8m (probably the season we need the money the least)
21-22: $4.8m
22-23: $0.8m (basically league min)
23-24: -$200k (more expensive than just keeping him in the pressbox)
24-25: -$200k (more expensive than just keeping him in the pressbox)
Next 5 years: -$1.2m (not awful)

The Wild would be better off looking for him to go on LTIR. Or waiting for the next CBA and hope for a compliance buyout or they leave the recapture penalty out. At least wait until before the expansion draft to see if they need his NMC gone.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise won't retire/LTIR until after the 2021-22 season, when he has made the vast majority of his money, and is only owed 4M for his final 3 years. The way he is playing, he will be on the 4th line by that time, if not riding the bench, and will probably be ready to stop playing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How Zach Parise got his groove back to help fuel the...

He’s finding the puck much more often. Parise has gone from averaging under two shots per game to over three a night (32 in his last 10 games). And nowhere has this change been more pronounced than at 5-on-5. In his first 18 games, he averaged just 6.1 shots per hour, which would have been easily the lowest rate of his career. In these last nine games, he’s shot nearly 11 times per hour.

Parise hasn’t had to adjust his game in any way to accomplish this. He’s not shying away from the chaos of the crease to get easier shots. According to Moneypuck, Parise’s average shot attempt entering Tuesday night’s game was coming 22.2 feet away from the goal — by far the lowest on the team. He’s still crashing the net to cash in rebounds and tips.

The only difference is, those pucks are finding Parise’s stick. His goal to force overtime on Sunday against the Stars was a strong refutation to any suspicions that his hands slowed down. A shot by Kevin Fiala bounced off Ben Bishop’s shoulder and Parise managed to react in time to swat the puck in mid-air, sending it under the crossbar.
The formula that makes this connection seems simple: Fiala gets control of the puck and holds it until he can find Parise in front of the net. Putting it in a sentence is easy, though. Executing it on the ice is much harder. But Fiala has shown a knack for threading passes through traffic, and when he can’t make a clean pass, he’ll throw it towards the net knowing that Parise will be there.

This isn’t a one-sided connection, either. Fiala seems equally reinvigorated by having Parise as a running mate. Like Parise, Fiala was doing a poor job at getting shots on net in the first part of the season. But after some tough love from Bruce Boudreau, Fiala started taking after Parise more, trafficking in dirty areas of the ice.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Suter and Parise declining into moderately overpaid veterans would not be unwelcome.
If Suter hits 46 points this year, and averages 30 through the rest of his career, he’ll have 736 career points. That is a hall of fame number if you ask me.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
If Parise scores 30 this year, and then averages 20/year for the remainder of his contract, he’ll finish with 491 goals
I don't think it would be out of the question to think Parise would have at least 1000pts when he retired if the injury bug didn't hound him. If he had a few big goal years as well he would have an outside chance of getting 600gs as well.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bad at first, like almost AHL level. Then like a legit top 6'er, if not 1st liner. So pretty damn good.

All in all, an asset. Scoring at a 30g pace, which is very welcome on the Wild, and probably any other team. He has been gradually slowing down, but his hands, anticipation, and ability to finish appear to be back.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I still don't like Fiala's careless turnovers, but I do like the way he gets after the puck and creates turnovers. Similar to what Parise used to do when he was faster. I think Fiala also is learning how to use his stick to intercept pucks after watching two masters at it, Parise and Koivu.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I still don't like Fiala's careless turnovers, but I do like the way he gets after the puck and creates turnovers. Similar to what Parise used to do when he was faster. I think Fiala also is learning how to use his stick to intercept pucks after watching two masters at it, Parise and Koivu.
Now if only Fiala could implement Zucker’s wrap-around abilities

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Zach Parise is still a darn good player and he’s still earning his money. He’s a pros pro. The great ones always find a way to score and that’s what he does best.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad