Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 61 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Hawks will be drafting top 5 for the foreseeable future. They can get a d-man next year or year after, or year after . . . They'll take Demidov.
It's quite the opposite, getting big skilled RHD is much rarer then a small skilled winger. If they believe they're drafting top-5 for the next few years then they are much better off going for the D now, not only are they rarer, they also take longer to develop so getting them earlier in the rebuild makes it easier to transition out after accumulating a bunch of top picks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hawks will be drafting top 5 for the foreseeable future. They can get a d-man next year or year after, or year after . . . They'll take Demidov.

Next year is mainly forwards, unless they think they are for sure getting Logan Hensler, I'm not sure you can be comfortable doing that.

Especially for a guy who stayed in the MHL again this year and you don't have any live viewings of.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
D take longer to develop and next draft is forward heavy - in reality it is smarter for Hawks to take the D this year but I think they take Demidov.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's quite the opposite, getting big skilled RHD is much rarer then a small skilled winger. If they believe they're drafting top-5 for the next few years then they are much better off going for the D now, not only are they rarer, they also take longer to develop so getting them earlier in the rebuild makes it easier to transition out after accumulating a bunch of top picks.

Not to mention you gotta look at the top 6 of the competing teams, are they really gonna go.. you know what Demidov Bedard Nazar Moore Reichel is big enough to get it done.

Reactions: Saxon

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know this item has been referenced here earlier but talk about cruel and not so unusual punishment (not on account of the outcome obviously but just the fact of how stuff like this raises hopes).

I don’t want to end up like those fans who showed up at the draft with Wright nameplated Habs jerseys. I hope they were knockoffs. :sarcasm:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
My boy Stian Solberg really elevated his stock.
I thought Kulich blew up his stock last year at U18 and still ended up end of the 1st.
But ya I've been hearing about Solberg getting props.

MBN too honestly. For NHL teams at least. He seems like a perfect fit for the Devils who want NHL ready players.
We can offer them extremely ripe NHL players for their pick if that's the case.
Josh Armallagher anyone?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Pronman talked about columbus maybe having their sight on Iginla at 4 in his podcast.

Crazy if it actually happens. It’s one of the team we don’t really know what they’ll do.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
1716396867602.png

• Wow
Reactions: bopeep and rochab

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
I definitely a see a world where Chicago takes a D. Don't think Anaheim wants a Demidov.

Main question is really: how much copium is Columbus huffing on Silayev?

Copium? I don't know, but I know Timmins (who now works for Columbus) looooooves his biceps club and his creatine...

Last edited:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Demidov become a Habs, no doubt, everyone will forget about Michkov.

If Iginla become a Habs, no doubt, everyone will forget about Leonard.

If Lindstrom become a Habs, no doubt, everyone will forget about having a small hockey club.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

About 36ish minutes in he answers my question.

Summation:
50/50 Demidov is there for the Habs
Slight chance the Ducks go for Lindstrom but believes the needs on defense outweight that for them so 60/40 Lindstrom to the Habs.

Says there's a good chance either or, or both may be sitting there and they have to make a decision.

If both were gone (least likely scenario in his view) there is smoke around Sennecke, and Sennecke with the Habs, and that Sennecke has passed Iginla on a lot of teams boards. Smoke with the Habs liking Sennecke.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

About 36ish minutes in he answers my question.

Summation:
50/50 Demidov is there for the Habs
Slight chance the Ducks go for Lindstrom but believes the needs on defense outweight that for them so 60/40 Lindstrom to the Habs.

Says there's a good chance either or, or both may be sitting there and they have to make a decision.

If both were gone (least likely scenario in his view) there is smoke around Sennecke, and Sennecke with the Habs, and that Sennecke has passed Iginla on a lot of teams boards. Smoke with the Habs liking Sennecke.

Demidov has 38 pounds on Michkov

Reactions: Habsrule

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Let's say Demidov and Lindstrom are available at #5 ,, who do you pick ?

Lindstrom. I have no doubt that he will end up a beast.

Multiple sources, even Basu, mentionned that Hughes and Gorton want to build a team for the playoffs. It was one of the reason they prefer Reinbacher over Leonard and Michkov. Even one of the reason they go with Slaf over Wright/Cooley.

Hughes as stated multiple times that position weight a lot in the final ranking. Center always more important than winger. Dach being the question mark that he is, we need to draft a high end potential center.

Demidov will he be a ghost ala Kaprisov comes playoffs time? Is he a player that will be dominant in the playoffs? How much of him toying with weak competition in MHL will translate tonthe Pro? Put Lindstrom in MHL and he will tear that league in pieces too. He was tearing the WHL before getting down.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lindstrom. I have no doubt that he will end up a beast.

Multiple sources, even Basu, mentionned that Hughes and Gorton want to build a team for the playoffs. It was one of the reason they prefer Reinbacher over Leonard and Michkov. Even one of the reason they go with Slaf over Wright/Cooley.

Hughes as stated multiple times that position weight a lot in the final ranking. Center always more important than winger. Dach being the question mark that he is, we need to draft a high end potential center.

Demidov will he be a ghost ala Kaprisov comes playoffs time? Is he a player that will be dominant in the playoffs? How much of him toying with weak competition in MHL will translate tonthe Pro? Put Lindstrom in MHL and he will tear that league in pieces too. He was tearing the WHL before getting down.
I don’t know how you can assume Lindstrom will be great in the playoffs and Demidov won’t. For all we know Lindstrom turns out to be Patrick Marleau or Max Pacioretty in crunch time. Just because he’s big doesn’t mean he wants it.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I don’t know how you can assume Lindstrom will be great in the playoffs and Demidov won’t. For all we know Lindstrom turns out to be Patrick Marleau or Max Pacioretty in crunch time. Just because he’s big doesn’t mean he wants it.

I know, but the style of play he plays tends to be beast in tight games. Marleau and Pacioretty were big perimeter players. Nothing about power there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad