Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I had convinced myself to argue (again, with myself) that the choices were going to be Moore, Perreault, ASP, Barlow, etc. Initially I had really wanted Benson but as the process unfolded it seemed virtually impossible that he'd fall to 13. Once Vancouver was on the clock, I stood up and started to pace all the way until KA said Winnipeg. I may have woken up my children, but it was worth it! What a pick!
I sat motionless just to not wake mine! Wasn’t easy

Last edited:

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
I just don’t get how you can’t like this pick. Sabres watched this kid all year due to being with Savoie. They know him better than any organization. If they don’t have any fear about his size, why should the armchair GMs?
I think that's an underrated point as well. The Sabres were probably more present with that Winnipeg team than others just as coincidence. Given their recent track-record in the 1st round, I couldn't be more thrilled.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I just don’t get how you can’t like this pick. Sabres watched this kid all year due to being with Savoie. They know him better than any organization. If they don’t have any fear about his size, why should the armchair GMs?
The key thing.. This kid doesn't seem to care about his size.. KA and crew seem like they will do the finishing touches on the organization now until training camp, then tweak at deadline and we'll see..

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Love it. Love the tenacity, hockey IQ, and chemistry with Savoie but clearly BPA is the biggest thing for me. Averaging rankings of 15 or so scouting services Benson comes out at number 6 overall and getting him at 13 is an absolute steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad