Post-Game Talk: Zach and Elvis put on a show, CBJ shut down FLA 4-1 in Bob's return to NationWide Arena

Will you be drinking tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wonder, if in 2010, instead of hiring Tallon, the Panthers pledged management control of the team to this forum, with the users acting as a voting body to decide which moves are ultimately made, would the results have been any different?

Two playoff appearances, could HF have matched that?
Might be tough to recover after I trade Barkov for Kessel

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

couldn't watch the game because of dish... just sucks. (long story).

listening to post-game interviews and looking at box score, it appears puck management was much better than usual. only 7 turnovers.

a quick review of highlights would seem to indicate a pretty close game until 3rd goal. bob probably needed to fight more on that 3rd. if he does, he gets the save or the call. that said, we were running around. 4th goal was just poor coverage.

so yeah, maybe not as bad as score indicates.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Bob was out of the paint on the Werenski goal, not surprised he didn’t get the call, he’s fair game at that point.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Guess the team has to win every game and never lose for this board to not bitch. Won 5 of last 7 outplayed the jackets and people are crying somehow. Like we’re gonna go undefeated the rest of season. It’s an absolute joke in here. f***ing pathetic. They will rebound like always and win 2 of next 3 and be back in a playoff spot. This is just an absolute joke of a place with idiots

Reactions: harv33173

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Guess the team has to win every game and never lose for this board to not *****. Won 5 of last 7 outplayed the jackets and people are crying somehow. Like we’re gonna go undefeated the rest of season. It’s an absolute joke in here. ****ing pathetic. They will rebound like always and win 2 of next 3 and be back in a playoff spot. This is just an absolute joke of a place with idiots
We are 5-5 in last ten. Special teams are regressing and Bob can’t maintain a high level of play. We also are slipping in the standings. The team is inconsistent and the Q effect is yet to be seen. Offensively we are a one line team. It’s totally reasonable to be concerned.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Guess the team has to win every game and never lose for this board to not *****. Won 5 of last 7 outplayed the jackets and people are crying somehow. Like we’re gonna go undefeated the rest of season. It’s an absolute joke in here. ****ing pathetic. They will rebound like always and win 2 of next 3 and be back in a playoff spot. This is just an absolute joke of a place with idiots

the blue jackets had a rookie in goal and we gifted him his first NHL win with our perimeter play. Oh yeah, and they had 10 regulars out of the lineup, and lost 2 more guys during the game yet still managed to match our compete level. Embarrassing.

I wouldn’t consider beating the Senators on Thursday to be a “rebound.” I would hope that we beat them because we are miles better than them.

Once again the top line goes silent and we have nothing to show for otherwise

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Panthers players new mantra " It is what it is"

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
We are 5-5 in last ten. Special teams are regressing and Bob can’t maintain a high level of play. We also are slipping in the standings. The team is inconsistent and the Q effect is yet to be seen. Offensively we are a one line team. It’s totally reasonable to be concerned.
Again we aren’t a one line team. That’s just pure bullshit and completely made up. Us and Washington have the most ten goal
Scorers in the league. Now that was a week ago or so so maybe changed but
It’s just pure Bullshit to keep saying that. If we keep winning two and losing one we’re in. Simple

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
the blue jackets had a rookie in goal and we gifted him his first NHL win with our perimeter play. Oh yeah, and they had 10 regulars out of the lineup, and lost 2 more guys during the game yet still managed to match our compete level. Embarrassing.

I wouldn’t consider beating the Senators on Thursday to be a “rebound.” I would hope that we beat them because we are miles better than them.

Once again the top line goes silent and we have nothing to show for otherwise
What’s embarrassing is our ten million dollar goalie letting in goals that the scrub on the other end would save. That’s where we lost the game period. The puck was in their end all night until we had to chase the game cause bob could t hold fort on the few chances they had. Pure and simple

Reactions: 5 Hole

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Top 6 teams in the east is pretty much set.

We are close to Toronto and Tampa, but it's not going to last. There's no way we will catch them.

Tampa just passed us and they will never look back.

And right now, the WC spots don't look like easy targets.

I don't like our playoffs chances.

I'm not being emotional here. I've watched a lot of hockey this year from all around the league and we're just not good enough to make it IMO.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Again we aren’t a one line team. That’s just pure bull**** and completely made up. Us and Washington have the most ten goal
It’s just pure Bull**** to keep saying that. If we keep winning two and losing one we’re in. Simple
Sorry, outside of the top line we forgot to mention hoffman, Connolly, .......acciari....., and....who? Trocheck, Boyle, malgin, sceviour, vatrano, toninato, that’s half our offense that hardly ever scores and that’s with a 4th liner getting back to back hat tricks that could propel his numbers up there in a matter of two days.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I was able to witness a playoff win. Not a series win, like, a game. And it’s bad that I really have to worry if that’s as good as it’ll ever get. Tallon has built this team for 10 freaking years and now, with Barkov and huberdeau being two of the leagues best players, paid 10per for 7yrs on a two time vezina winner, hired Q, and we’re barely a playoff team half way through the season. Half our offense is nonexistent. We have no blend of toughness in our lineup. And a defense corp that can’t play defense. We’ve barely hit on any of our draft picks in 10 years and one of the few (Trocheck) has fallen off a cliff.

I just don’t trust dale. It’s been 10 years, what has he earned? Oh, the man who built the blackhawks dynasty with his bare hands. He lucked into that. He got gift wrapped two hall of famers (and clutch) in Kane and toews, Keith and seabrook in their prime, and depth players who could actually do something. He doesn’t know what he’s doing , that’s why he always goes back to the well. Oh, did I have him on my Blackhawks team? Let me just bring him, that’ll solve things, it worked before. Seriously, can someone make a list of all the players he had there that have been here after? Paid jovo for way too long when it was obvious he didn’t have that much left in him, paid bolland an asinine contract, gave bob 10per, gave matheson the moon before finishing his contract, same with Ekblad at the time, stralmans overpaid, he hasn’t drafted well, and has two playoff appearances and zero series wins in an entire decade with multiple top-3 picks and a 1st overall. This deadline is his final chance, if he can’t bring in the necessary pieces that we need to not only make the playoffs but actually have a realistic chance to advanced for at least one freaking round then I’m done with him

Reactions: Jakeybonz

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Again we aren’t a one line team. That’s just pure bull**** and completely made up. Us and Washington have the most ten goal
It’s just pure Bull**** to keep saying that. If we keep winning two and losing one we’re in. Simple
Really? We arent?

Hoffman - 5 of his goals came the first 5 games (a hatter in one game) 8 the last 33 games, one being an ENG

Trocheck - nothing needs to be said

Vatrano - yeah ok.

Acciari - back to back hatters, btw came when Huberdeau played with him.

Shit. Are we a one line team or a wherever Huberdeau is playing team?

You f***ing blame Bob for everything but defend the shitty passengers this team have and you slob all over Matheson who has multiple disaster games that he apparently try dominates according to you, for every one successful game.

We arent getting out talented. We are getting outplayed. f***ing finessed.

Soft. f***ing. Roster.

No one's balls dropped enough to plant their ass in front of the opponents net except Acciari and FrankenBoyle who shouldnt be playing higher than 4th line.

This f***ing cotton candy lineup needs to man the f*** up. This isnt just on Bob. These guys need to take off their skirts for a change.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
This team has to play so perfect every game to win. With how bad our goaltending has been. We scored 11 goals last two games and people now whining we only scored 1. Bob has been absolutely pathetic this year. None of these goals were no chance rebounds. Or cross ice one timers. The excuses people here make for bob are pathetic. Absolutely laughable that people here still trying to blame Matheson and our depth scoring. Disgusting

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Really? We arent?

Hoffman - 5 of his goals came the first 5 games (a hatter in one game) 8 the last 33 games, one being an ENG

Vatrano - yeah ok.

****. Are we a one line team or a wherever Huberdeau is playing team?

You ****ing blame Bob for everything but defend the ****ty passengers this team have and you slob all over Matheson who has multiple disaster games that he apparently try dominates according to you, for every one successful game.

We arent getting out talented. We are getting outplayed. ****ing finessed.

Soft. ****ing. Roster.
90 percent wrong. We outplayed clbs tonight and if we don’t bury every chance we don’t have a chance cause bob does nothing

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This team has to play so perfect every game to win. With how bad our goaltending has been. We scored 11 goals last two games and people now whining we only scored 1. Bob has been absolutely pathetic this year. None of these goals were no chance rebounds. Or cross ice one timers. The excuses people here make for bob are pathetic. Absolutely laughable that people here still trying to blame Matheson and our depth scoring. Disgusting

Dude we hardly ever play perfectly. I watch every team in the league. We are one of the sloppiest, most directionless teams in the league. 90% of the league plays very organized, structured hockey. Much better puck management and responsible hockey than we do. We don't even look like we're in the same league compared to half the other teams. This team is soft, mentally weak, and inconsistent, and has been for years.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Top 6 teams in the east is pretty much set.

We are close to Toronto and Tampa, but it's not going to last. There's no way we will catch them.

Tampa just passed us and they will never look back.

And right now, the WC spots don't look like easy targets.

I don't like our playoffs chances.

I'm not being emotional here. I've watched a lot of hockey this year from all around the league and we're just not good enough to make it IMO.
I would put money on Florida being ahead of the Flyers in 5 games

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The Flyers could be the one the Panthers knock out. Although I still think our best bet is the Leafs. They have some of the same problems we do plus they've been hit with injuries. One thing is for sure, it's not gonna be Tampa. They haven't even tried yet all season and they are 7th in the east in points percentage.

So it's either Toronto or Philly. But Panthers are going nowhere if we don't start playing harder, smarter, more responsible hockey. Q has to step up now and earn his money and accolades. He hasn't done jack here really, in terms of reigning these guys in and getting them to play smarter and all on the same page. I know this group is a bunch of boneheads, but that's exactly what he was brought here to do.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Merzlikins did not have 1 highlight reel save. Tons of shots, low quality, just beat by 1 perfect deflection, easy game for him

But just keep letting one of the most talented Dman in the league tee up on the ladies tee and then blame Bob...

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Quite frankly, Torts had the better tactical play set up in this game. They got the lead and more or less kept the Panthers away from any quality chances and stood up at their blue line. Elvis saw most of everything coming quite clearly, maybe a couple of shots he didn't see that went wide and the one tipped in by Sceviour. Panthers had more offensive zone time and much more then they have had all season, more or less. But Jackets had them under control most of the night and took their chances. They didn't go end to end cause they would have lost if they did, they didn't play entertaining hockey but it was the right way for them and got the job done. Need more traffic in front of the net if all that zone time will count to something...

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
90 percent wrong. We outplayed clbs tonight and if we don’t bury every chance we don’t have a chance cause bob does nothing
Once again, everyone else is wrong and you’re right, eh?

Yet judging by your ability to defend your posts, your SV% is more atrocious than Bob’s.

Have a smarter new year!

Reactions: zeroG

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
My biggest fear about that game is that I don't think they played bad.
I think they might get discouraged and not think that's the kind of effort it will take for them to get to where they want to go. And maybe return to a lot of the lazy garbage play that they've done in the past. It took a long time and a lot of work to help them get to this point, it would be a disaster if it doesn't take.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Really? We arent?

Vatrano - yeah ok.

****. Are we a one line team or a wherever Huberdeau is playing team?

You ****ing blame Bob for everything but defend the ****ty passengers this team have and you slob all over Matheson who has multiple disaster games that he apparently try dominates according to you, for every one successful game.

We arent getting out talented. We are getting outplayed. ****ing finessed.

Soft. ****ing. Roster.

No one's balls dropped enough to plant their ass in front of the opponents net except Acciari and FrankenBoyle who shouldnt be playing higher than 4th line.

This ****ing cotton candy lineup needs to man the **** up. This isnt just on Bob. These guys need to take off their skirts for a change.

I’ll fill in Vatrano for you:

Vatrano - 7 goals in 39 games, 3 of those goals are empty netters. Last non-empty net goal: November 12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad