Value of: Your Team's Best Offer For McDavid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Obviously he's not getting traded, but just a lighthearted fun thread. If you are an Oilers fan tell us what you think is the best offer.

From the Leafs if they somehow manage to get eliminated again from the 1st round I'd straight up offer Marner and Matthews

• Haha
Reactions: TML1990

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You can’t accurately gauge this kind of trade, his value to the franchise just for namesake is worth too much to think about it.

Reactions: Ciao and zar

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Obviously he's not getting traded, but just a lighthearted fun thread. If you are an Oilers fan tell us what you think is the best offer.

From the Leafs if they somehow manage to get eliminated again from the 1st round I'd straight up offer Marner and Matthews
Here's the biggest problem you're going to run into (aside from Oilers fans don't love threads about trading McDavid, lighthearted or otherwise)

Take an offer like Marner and Matthews. Is it a good offer? Sure. Is Edmonton better on the ice short term after it? Yeah, probably. Where's the cap space coming for 23 million dollars worth of Leafs? Why would Edmonton do this knowing Matthews is a UFA after next year and it's probably Toronto or somewhere in the States for him?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Don't like it. the cost would be so much from Toronto, the team would be a complete mess after Edmonton picked Toronto clean.
I dont even know where to begin for an offer.
also any offer I would make would get laughed at

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
7x17.5M in the Summer of 2026 assuming he goes to UFA

he has a full NMC he won't take a trade to Calgary

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Pettersson (both of them), frankly any top-6 forward (one of Miller/ Kuzmenko/ Mikheyev/ Boeser), Dakota Joshua (tough, cheap winger that can play up the lineup), Ethan Bear (young, cost controlled, defensive fringe top-4 RHD with upside), any prospect (Podkolzin/ Hoglander/ Lekkerimaki/ McDonough/ Klimovich/ Hirose/ McWard) => not offering Demko since Skinner and Campbell at different times have been better, and their platoon has worked well; also hesitant to offer Hronek since our RHD is really quite bare, and I would rather keep him to pair with Ekman Larsson so that the defense isn't an absolute tire fire.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Gotta say it's a bad start to say "if they get eliminated I'd offer Matthews and Marner". That + more is what you'd have to pay with a good extension to Matthews included to get McDavid. Let's not kid around here, he is BY FAR the best player in the league.

As Ducks fan, if we won the 1st overall this year, I'd offer that (Bedard) + Zegras/McTavish + Drysdale/Mintyukov + more picks. Then we'd likely have to take Campbell or some other dump as well to help EDM. Yeah, McDavid is worth that.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Gotta say it's a bad start to say "if they get eliminated I'd offer Matthews and Marner". That + more is what you'd have to pay with a good extension to Matthews included to get McDavid. Let's not kid around here, he is BY FAR the best player in the league.

As Ducks fan, if we won the 1st overall this year, I'd offer that (Bedard) + Zegras/McTavish + Drysdale/Mintyukov + more picks. Then we'd likely have to take Campbell or some other dump as well to help EDM. Yeah, McDavid is worth that.
Edmonton would be crazy not to consider this offer.

Best one I've ever seen in any McDavid trade proposals.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
About 3 years ago I think the Rangers could have done it.
Zibenajad
Lafreniere
Kakko
Miller
Shesterkin.

Laf and KK haven't made the noise most 1/2 OA picks have, but right after the draft last year's #2 and that years #1 would have been a haul.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Just for posting that I hope you guys win the Bedard lotto... Once you get him you would not want to trade him even for McDavid but a good post indeed.

Oilers are in a win now mode and need McDavid more than any other contender.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Whatever they want + a 1st

Just for fun and not factoring cap:
Saros
Josi
Forsberg
Evangelista
Tomasino
Kemell
3 1sts
and now factor in cap and positional need. Josi, Nurse, Ekholm would be an overkill at LD. 1st do nothing unless EDM is rebuilding.

McDavid for #1C + #1RD + top 6 RW + starting goalie would be the ask and they would need to fit within cap.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
In the regular season, sure. He has yet to claim that status in the games that really matter.
regular season success matters in making the playoffs. Oilers certainly dont make the playoffs without McDavid despite all other additions. He is also top 5 in playoffs scoring despite only getting 1 pt in first 2 games and getting shadowed regularly by a trapping team.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
regular season success matters in making the playoffs. Oilers certainly dont make the playoffs without McDavid despite all other additions. He is also top 5 in playoffs scoring despite only getting 1 pt in first 2 games and getting shadowed regularly by a trapping team.
Regular season success does matter in making the playoffs, but it ultimately means nothing unless you do something once you’re there. To be fair McDavid is still reasonably young and has been trending in the right direction since last year’s playoffs, so if he keeps this up he will likely get there, but at this point he still has yet to solidify himself among the game’s top postseason performers on a consistent basis. Here are a couple guys who have:

20484D17-0270-41D5-BD24-4D04E33E896B.jpeg
0ADA3BAA-245E-4645-937B-D9A4FE6A5F05.png

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
This offer would definitely keep Edmonton on the phone.

My guess is Holland does not have free reign to trade either one of McDrai. The owner would probably decide.
No it wouldnt you just offered a bunch of older players closer to their downturn than their prime.

In the regular season, sure. He has yet to claim that status in the games that really matter.
He put up more points playing three rounds than anyone that made it to the finals. Givenyour head a shake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad