GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Edmonton Oilers, 1 PM, MSG+: Another New Year Awaits

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
They absolutely want the player who is top 6 in points for Edmonton who isn’t in the HOF.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I am scratching Kuokkanen for Tatar right now.
Isn't Tatar in protocol? Or do you mean for when he gets off?

I would too, I'd be up a wall if Tatar was a healthy scratch, while some of these guys (Kuokkanen for sure being one of them) played.

Tatar has been good if you go by points per 60. He isn't played all that much for some reason.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Isn't Tatar in protocol? Or do you mean for when he gets off?

I would too, I'd be up a wall if Tatar was a healthy scratch, while some of these guys (Kuokkanen for sure being one of them) played.

Tatar has been good if you go by points per 60. He isn't played all that much for some reason.

When he gets off of protocol. He was eligible today but I guess he didn't test negative yet. He should be off soon.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pretty much. At some point you run out of questions with a Devils twist and just end up with general NHL trivia.

We haven't even played the Oilers in two years :laugh: And we did have at least two significant trades with them, well three if you count Pat Maroon who helped us get to the playoffs.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Spilled milk and all but what an absolute waste putting McDavid in Edmonton and Eichel in Buffalo.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
thats great they start to play from the first minute. Often we miss 3 goals and do nothing. I think its a good sign)

There’s still the usual second period meltdown and Chinese fire drill if we get a late third period lead to deal with

Reactions: tr83

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So, the Oiler's top line is frightening; absolutely intimidating. Everyone other line...not so much.
This an Oilers team with much improved forward depth (and Kassian is the only forward out.) Hyman is obviously a big signing and it wasn’t hard to improve the worst bottom six in the NHL.

Foegele is one of the best bottom six forward (but very much just a bottom six forward) they had in a while. He’s real solid but they gave up a solid young defenseman for him (Bear) because it’s the Oilers.

They’ve desperately needed a 3rd line center for a long time. They signed a 35 year Derek Ryan and pretended he was a 3rd line center (and he’s there 4th center and good for that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad