GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (8-2) at Vancouver Canucks (6-3-2), 10 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It looked like his right foot caught a rut. Look scary A F

Definitely scary, for his head/neck and also one of his legs that got caught under.

Fingers crossed that it's not a serious injury and he lucked out.

We really need him in the lineup.
He will play much better than what we have seen so far.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
We saw in the season opener how a game can turn when you lose a forward, we survived then and survived the entire game last night. Probably a good move they canceled practice today and let the guys get off their feet.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We saw in the season opener how a game can turn when you lose a forward, we survived then and survived the entire game last night. Probably a good move they canceled practice today and let the guys get off their feet.

If MoJo is ruled out, I hope Hynes inserts Noesen instead of the convenience store format of 7-11.

Though, with Noesen, Boyle and Hayes all in it slows down our team footspeed vs a quick Edmonton squad.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Cory, Hall and Mueller were definitely the best players. I thought Bratt had a decent game, same with Hischier. Severson was good, but he did something that caused an uproar in here at some point. Probably because he turned the puck over. Mostly everyone else was either okay or just meh.

Mojo went head first into the boards on his first shift of the game, less than a minute in. Looked really scary, but he surprisingly left the ice with little assistance and within only about 90-100 seconds of being down.

i heard a lot of good feedback about mueller’s game, that’s awesome to hear!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Last night's game was brutal, but the Devils definitely needed a game like that.

Defensively, the Devils were active, taking away passing lanes, tying up guys, blocking shots, and boxing players out well. Hopefully, they can take some of those habits when they control the play and open the game up a bit more.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Last night's game was brutal, but the Devils definitely needed a game like that.

Defensively, the Devils were active, taking away passing lanes, tying up guys, blocking shots, and boxing players out well. Hopefully, they can take some of those habits when they control the play and open the game up a bit more.

The versatility to win different types of games (6-3, comeback 5-4, tight 2-0) is not only exciting for the fans, it's also a learning experience for the group as a whole. You definitely get the sense that each win is unique, so each win therefore adds to the team's tool box.

The fact that this is all happening in the first ~15 games bodes well for the team's ability to adapt as the season drags on.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I had to stay in a hotel room last night, watching the game on my phone from a crappy feed was no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad