GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Isles and Ducks next and then it’s an always tough Western Canada trip. Would LOVE if they can find a way to win the next 2 prior to the trip
Western Canada trip can be a huge momentum trip. In 2022-2023, I feel like that's when things really popped off for us.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
To be fair, that's a lot of failure for a game they dominated....

Well if everyone played well but goalie, you basically get this outcome. Mercer and PK was a single fail but it involved again, the goalie unable to make a save when they needed it most

So goalie is the fail for a game the core group dominated.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Marsktrom was bad, bad penalties by Dillon and Mercer late in the 3rd, Talbot was very good.

Team overall looked very good tonight I thought. Couldn't find a way to at least get a point and in certain ways hot themselves in the foot.
Hopefully they carry that good play into tomorrow

I lost my championship, womp. 2nd place tho

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
What the hell was Jack Hughes doing there at the end when they had the power play and he was skating up ice and started motioning to the bench. It was like he was looking for them to pull the goalie so they could be up 6-4 on the ice. What does he think he is a player coach now too? This guy needs to grow up and show some maturity.

I think some of that is still him having Lindy brain, remember the thing in LA last year where he had turn back and tell the 6th attacker to come on because they were playing with no goalie and 5 skaters? I just think these guys are still getting used to having an actual coach on the bench ngl lol

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
What the hell was Jack Hughes doing there at the end when they had the power play and he was skating up ice and started motioning to the bench. It was like he was looking for them to pull the goalie so they could be up 6-4 on the ice. What does he think he is a player coach now too? This guy needs to grow up and show some maturity.

New McDavid deke

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I really don't have an issue with Dillon defending himself there and it was crazy by the refs it wasn't even.

Team needs to learn to stick up for themselves physically.

That Mercer penalty was totally brain dead dumb and he directly deserves some of the blame for this lose. Zero excuse
I have a pretty big issue with it. I understand it in principle, but you know the refs are always going to call the retaliation.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
If the Devils get twice as many good chances as the other team they will win most of those nights.

The past few years the Devils gave up tons of good chances, they didn’t tonight.

This looked nothing like last year.

This game was reminiscent of pretty much every loss during the Covid year and the 2021-22 season.

Some fans used to have a win-o-meter that was supposed to show the percentage of times a team should win based on the statistics from the game. Many of the losses should have been wins according to the win-o-meter.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I have a pretty big issue with it. I understand it in principle, but you know the refs are always going to call the retaliation.

I don't see how they call roughing there. Dillion waited, and they both dropped the gloves.

The way the refs called it, it made no sense. And it was absurd the wings didn't get the initial call on top of it.

That's easily should have been two each for roughing and 5 for fighting or just two fighting penalties.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
FITZ has a lot of pressure on himself, but I don't think he will get fired for not firing a goalie coach. Keefe made the decision if he wanted to keep some of the existing coaches so he kept the goalie coach. Tonight the Devils lost 1 maybe 2 points because of a bad goal by Markstrom. I have not been impressed with either Markstrom or Allen, but it is early. These goalie stand alone getting themselves going.

Go Devils

I mean he will get fired for not firing a goalie coach if that goalie coach is a reason why the goalies suck again and the team sucks

Reactions: Call Me Al

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Well if everyone played well but goalie, you basically get this outcome. Mercer and PK was a single fail but it involved again, the goalie unable to make a save when they needed it most

So goalie is the fail for a game the core group dominated.

Core group including the Luke pizza party?

Kovi was terrible too. And I am really concerned about Dougie, particularly in the defensive zone. And Dillon, man did he has a few absolute brain dead moments...

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I don't see how they call roughing there. Dillion waited, and they both dropped the gloves.

The way the refs called it, it made no sense. And it was absurd the wings didn't get the initial call on top of it.

That's easily should have been two each for roughing and 5 for fighting or just two fighting penalties.
Bottom line, it unfortunately cost us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad