GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-3-1) @ Detroit Red Wings (3-3-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Super annoying how many points we dropped which now has us at 19th in the league by percentage, being 2 games ahead of all the other teams.

And before anyone gets on my ass, the entire point is they need to get it together, and after I've been saying that, they've been losing lmao. Can't assume the other teams will just lose every game 4-5 more times. They're quickly losing ground (they already were)

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Last season we had the same spot with Brendan Smith in Winnipeg and they invented a penalty that they hadn't called on Smith during play. Would be nice for them to find the call but they then had the absolute worst 3rd period of constant makeup calls, just really bad all around.

CTRL-F 'goalie' - no results
Yeah man that’s it. It’s the goalie…again…give it a go again next year, I bet this time it will be different.

You know, if you really believe these goalies have been the main problem all along, that means we have a GM who has failed to attain an NHL caliber goalie for like the umpteenth straight year. You’d think at some point the criticism would go towards him, again, if that’s what you truly believe about the goalie situation every f***ing year.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

And before anyone gets on my ass, the entire point is they need to get it together, and after I've been saying that, they've been losing lmao. Can't assume the other teams will just lose every game 4-5 more times. They're quickly losing ground (they already were)

There is no reason to even waste a single second thinking about the out of town scoreboard.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This would be an easier game to write off and just move on from if they didn't shit the bed so hard on Tuesday.

Need to be getting points out of the next two to have something to build off of for the western Canada trip

They need to start winning before they are in a hole they need a 15 game heater to get out of. You can't win the Cup now, but you can play your way out of a chance at it pretty fast. They simply can't dig a hole.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I wouldn't be surprised if that top 4 is how it shook out. Not in that order as I think the Rags should very easily win this division but us in the 4 spot as we don't look good, Canes will be Canes, and the Caps have played pretty phenomenal hockey so far. Could also see the Isles bumping us down

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Way too early to be looking at the standings.

But also damn I didn't realize Philly was coming out the gate that poorly.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah man that’s it. It’s the goalie…again…give it a go again next year, I bet this time it will be different.

You know, if you really believe these goalies have been the main problem all along, that means we have a GM who has failed to attain an NHL caliber goalie for like the umpteenth straight year. You’d think at some point the criticism would go towards him, again, if that’s what you truly believe about the goalie situation every f***ing year.

The GM should be fired if the Devils miss the playoffs this year, and it will likely be because of the goalies that they do miss. If you think Markstrom wasn't absolutely atrocious on goal #4, we have nothing to talk about. That is not even pro-level goaltending.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They need to start winning before they are in a hole they need a 15 game heater to get out of. You can't win the Cup now, but you can play your way out of a chance at it pretty fast. They simply can't dig a hole.

Why they need to be getting results out of the next two. 3 out of 4 points at minimum. Make up for not getting anything out of the last two.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Rangers and Canes are locks, who knows after that? The Capitals look amazing, Carbery is a legit Jack Adams finalist imo and probably should've won it last year. We should be good enough for top 3 but the goaltending is goaltending again.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
How come msg media not interviewing goalies after games like this.

markstrom isn't a rookie, he's a veteran (supposedly high quality) goalie. He should answer the bell to the media, same with allens shitshow last game before.

We would throw Vitek in the mic or Blackwood, let these guys take the heat a little.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rangers and Canes are locks, who knows after that? The Capitals look amazing, Carbery is a legit Jack Adams finalist imo and probably should've won it last year. We should be good enough for top 3 but the goaltending is goaltending again.

I'm not convinced the Caps are this good at a sustainable level, but we will see.

This team on paper is good enough, they got to perform on a nightly basis and they need to get more saves

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Markstrom was under .900 over the last two seasons combined. He was .877 over his last 15 last year. He might just be not very good. This is the one thing doomerism about would be warranted.

He's always been like this, he was good last year in xGSAA which probably means he sucks this year. He's a very streaky goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad