GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I watched Keefe’s full media availability today and he mentioned that with the schedule, they haven’t had a ton of practice time together which is why he sought getting them out there today with the full squad rather than just the injured or scratched guys.

My guess is they want to give him a bigger slate of full practices with the group before slotting him in. I’m sure it also helps the team is humming along alright without him at the moment.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Used a buyback for this one since the Red Bulls last regular season home game is tonight as well. Hate that they schedule games around the same time when the arenas are in walking distance. I'll be watching later on tonight or tomorrow but

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thompson v Markstrom is a good goalie match up, pretty sure Thompson always played us well in Vegas too. Gonna need to hunker down a bit for this win tonight especially after winning last week in their barn

IMG_1794.jpeg
If not for a poor lapse in judgement (one of many) by Ray Shero, we could all be watching Thompson in the cage tonight for the NJD. Bad decision by RayFitz to let Logan Thompson go after we had him in our system in the ECHL/AHL. It’s a crime and a crying shame that the Bingo Devs gave Cam Johnson 29 games that year and only 1 to Thompson. Thanks again RayFitz.

And a game against WSH is always a sad time to remember the terrible Conte blunder of Teds over NJ native and Scott Stevens worshipper John Carlson. That’s still haunting us over 16 years later. Thanks again Conte.

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024

Good news that Jesper is likely playing and it’s nothing serious. Maybe he’s just getting over it.

Not sure if its good news though. Ive never been a fan of players fighting through illnesses with the team; its only the second week of the season

I dont think the risk of infecting the entire team is worth it

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

Good stuff from Carbery on what he’s seen from us under Keefe so far. He was an assistant coach on his staff for two years before taking the Caps job, for those who didn’t know.

Yea I noticed this starting from preseason

If he feels well enough to play I don’t see the issue. I’d rather a sick Bratt than MacDermid.

It's not about whether they feel good, it's whatever caused him to get sick.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What even is the status quo with Pesce lol. I swear I saw Fitz say there was a strong possibility he plays against Toronto a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen much since. Though entirely possible I missed something.
Yeah I’m getting a little suspicious he’s getting Matvichuked lol, only instead of the cap we’re waiting for someone to get hurt or play their way out of the lineup.

Reactions: glenwo2

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Drop an anvil on them!
xjLHWjJ.gif

(sorry, Halloween season means I just watched Ed Wood again)
It’s Halloween season and you have the rich tapestry of seasonal and genre choices and you go with Ed Wood? That’s your choice and if you like that so be it but I’d go with something scarier and less a recreation of a trainwreck.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
It’s Halloween season and you have the rich tapestry of seasonal and genre choices and you go with Ed Wood? That’s your choice and if you like that so be it but I’d go with something scarier and less a recreation of a trainwreck.
You want scary?

Watch the Terrifer movies. More specifically the second one. The bedroom scene? *chefs kiss*

Reactions: My3Sons

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If were on scary movies I have a question. Why don't they make scary characters or scenes in Disney movies.

- Fidget from Great mouse detective jump scare!
- Secret of Nimh
-watership down
- Roger rabbit
- Brave little toaster
- Peter and the wolf
- Anything Don Bluth
- The Black Cauldron badguy

Kids need to be scared!

My3Sons

Sponsor
Bizarre in the best way possible.

Like it's weird. I can't watch shit like Hostel but Terrifer is almost easy to get through. Must be the dark comedy they mix in.
Anything purporting to tell a story that doesn’t involve something supernatural that involves clever and creative ways to kill idiot characters doesn’t do it for me. Those movies should be 10 minutes long. The group of protagonists has one never killed. The rest get big weapons devise a good plan of attack and stalk the killer who is alone. They corner the killer and disable him and call the police. Or they just kill him. End of movie. There is a reason that commercial mocking those sort of movies was so accurate.

To me a scary movie has to build tension and have either a mystery or a story to tell and preferably the supernatural elements follow some sort of consistent structure. The Exorcist is a classic. The original and even American versions of the first two Grudge movies. Jacob’s Ladder remains an underrated classic in my view. The Sixth Sense was great the first few times but obviously it loses something with repeated viewings. There are some days I like The Shining and some I think it’s brilliant. The first Halloween was reasonably well done and along with Psycho is really the only slasher movie that works for my taste. Nosferatu is still fun to watch.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Anything purporting to tell a story that doesn’t involve something supernatural that involves clever and creative ways to kill idiot characters doesn’t do it for me. Those movies should be 10 minutes long. The group of protagonists has one never killed. The rest get big weapons devise a good plan of attack and stalk the killer who is alone. They corner the killer and disable him and call the police. Or they just kill him. End of movie. There is a reason that commercial mocking those sort of movies was so accurate.

To me a scary movie has to build tension and have either a mystery or a story to tell and preferably the supernatural elements follow some sort of consistent structure. The Exorcist is a classic. The original and even American versions of the first two Grudge movies. Jacob’s Ladder remains an underrated classic in my view. The Sixth Sense was great the first few times but obviously it loses something with repeated viewings. There are some days I like The Shining and some I think it’s brilliant. The first Halloween was reasonably well done and along with Psycho is really the only slasher movie that works for my taste. Nosferatu is still fun to watch.

I don't disagree. Horror movies go into two camps for me.

A film like 'The Strangers' or 'Open Water' that can use natural fear to scare you. (Open Water is my favorite horror movie of the last 20 years)

Or an unabashed gorefest that you watch not for the storyline (although Terrifer has an entire universe of world building) but for the bloody kills. I rather watch these movies more often than not.

It's a lot like superhero movies. I don't watch Batman to be NCIS in a cape. I watch Batman to see him kick the shit out the Penguin and the Riddler. I think there is a place in film for pure escapism. I think more movies try to be dark for the sake of being dark. We need more light heartedness in a film.

Horror movie-wise that's what made the original 'Scream' so good. It let us in on the joke while still being authentic to old school 70s and 80s slashers.

I'll put it this way.

If I want a deep horror movie that makes me think I'll watch 'The Wicker Man'

If I want a so stupid it's good movie I'll watch *the other* Wicker Man.

Fun fact about the original Halloween. It's one of a handful of horror movies that Gene Siskel actually liked.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I don't disagree. Horror movies go into two camps for me.

A film like 'The Strangers' or 'Open Water' that can use natural fear to scare you. (Open Water is my favorite horror movie of the last 20 years)

Or a gore gorefest that you watch not for the storyline (although Terrifer has an entire universe of world building) but for the bloody kills. I rather watch these movies more often than not.

It's a lot like superhero movies. I don't watch Batman to be NCIS in a cape. I watch Batman to see him kick the shit out the Penguin and the Riddler. I think there is a place in film for pure escapism. I think more movies try to be dark for the sake of being dark. We need more light heartedness in a film.

Horror movie-wise that's what made the original 'Scream' so good. It let us in on the joke while still being authentic to old school 70s and 80s slashers.

I'll put it this way.

If I want a deep horror movie that makes me think I'll watch 'The Wicker Man'

If I want a so stupid it's good movie I'll watch *the other* Wicker Man.

Fun fact about the original Halloween. It's one of a handful of horror movies that Gene Siskel actually liked.
I guess age has something to do with it. Of thr Strangers tried to get into it house I’d be alerted before they ever tried to get in. They’d have to get past the dogs before they ever got to me or the wife and we’d have called 911 by then. I don’t own a firearm but most folks down here do and anyone breaking into a house is at great risk of being shot. And you don’t know whether I have a gun.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I guess age has something to do with it. Of thr Strangers tried to get into it house I’d be alerted before they ever tried to get in. They’d have to get past the dogs before they ever got to me or the wife and we’d have called 911 by then. I don’t own a firearm but most folks down here do and anyone breaking into a house is at great risk of being shot. And you don’t know whether I have a gun.

I feel if we are going to nit pick a film based on the decisions someone would or would not make then you're not making an effort to enjoy the film.

I can argue that if a home invasion happens then a lot of us are going to make irrational decisions that probably will cost us our lives. Many of us don't have guns or have the cunning wit of Kevin f***ing McCallister lol.

But at the end - movies, TV, most forms of entertainment require you to suspend disbelief to buy into what you're consuming.

Yes, a burnt up freak isn't really going to kill me in my dreams. But I still enjoy the Nightmare movies just the same. Maybe I'm just easy to please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad