GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-2-0, 10 Pts) vs. Washington Capitals (2-1-0, 4 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN2

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
That fifth goal was completely avoidable if Jack decides not to do literally the most irresponsible thing possible in trying to make a f***ing drop pass in his own zone.

I’m sorry but he could be Gretzky and I’d still want him benched for that garbage, it’s so boneheaded and unacceptable. Like it shouldn’t even be an option to ever f***ing consider in the nhl. Just disgusting.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
That fifth goal was completely avoidable if Jack decides not to do literally the most irresponsible thing possible in trying to make a f***ing drop pass in his own zone.

I’m sorry but he could be Gretzky and I’d still want him benched for that garbage, it’s so boneheaded and unacceptable. Like it shouldn’t even be an option to ever f***ing consider in the nhl. Just disgusting.

Technically it was Bratt who dropped it back

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Bratt did a drop pass to Jack at the blue line there no?

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

? That was Bratt. Jack just mishandled it, or are you talking about something earlier

Reactions: theoptimist

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
1729385746422.png

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I don’t even care to look for or mention anyone although Wayne Gretzky himself wasn’t far off that. Wasn’t very strong or anything.

But again what is your argument here when we have seen Jack dominate at the NHL level? Do you deny that he has shown that before?
He’s shown it but not nearly consistently enough for someone who’s apparently supposed to be a top forward in the league.

You’re gonna need to come up with something more than just Gretzky if you want to convince me that someone can be that caliber of player while being both small and weak.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
And that’s what makes their start to the season such a house of cards. No way Cotter, Haula, and Noesen et al. continue at that pace.
I agree and unless you’re a super duper pessimist, there’s probably no way Nico, Jack, Bratt, Dougie and Timo don’t pick up another level eventually. It should all balance out in the end.

Reactions: Dialamo

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What’s surprising about this? They’ve done this multiple times for multiple games now?
They benched him in games they were leading by 1 and 2 at Ottawa and at Washington. Benching your least trusted defender when you’re trying to hold onto a lead is one thing…benching your second best offensive D when you’ve been down two for half the game is weird.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
It was Bratt?? Well I stand corrected. It was a different “star” player of ours playing like a f***ing rookie. Bench his ass too then, whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad