Your Mt.Rushmore of OVERRATED and Mt.Rushmore of UNDERRATED ... all time

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
las-vegas-nv-president-of-hockey-operations-of-the-vancouver-canucks-trevor-linden-and-former.jpg
Linden has never had anything bad to say about Messier, or vice-versa.

Reactions: VanIslander

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Overrated...
Orr (LQ), Richard (LQ), Dryden (LQ and best D of the 70's) and Messier (as a leader)

Underrated...
Hasek (many people think he's not the GOAT 'tender), Iginla (Dead Puck & underrated leader), Serge Savard (great defensive defenceman overshadowed by Robinson), Orland Kurtenbach (never gets mentioned in great hockey name threads)

It your opinion but I feel the exact opposite of Iginla as a leader, he was a poor playoff performer who couldn't get it done...but he had a nice smile so a pass from the media.

I don't understand the Messier thing, I mean I know he didn't make the playoffs with the Canucks but they didn't even make it before he arrived anyway

Reactions: Dale53130

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
It your opinion but I feel the exact opposite of Iginla as a leader, he was a poor playoff performer who couldn't get it done...but he had a nice smile so a pass from the media.

I don't understand the Messier thing, I mean I know he didn't make the playoffs with the Canucks but they didn't even make it before he arrived anyway.

The problem was that Messier was signed to be a leader, and no, he didn’t lead the Canucks back into the playoffs. It would have been cooler if he did… and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
But the problem was, he was drab and lifeless during his tenure. He put up some points, but he did little else. Sure, he was old, but old Howe still scared people. Messier just cashed cheques.

Stanislasjc

Dec 12, 2018
The Maritimes
Overrated
Martin Brodeur
Patrice Bergeron
Nick Lidstrom
Pavel Datsyuk (btw he's one of my all-time faves)

Underrated
Doug Harvey
Phil Esposito
Glenn Hall
Gordie Howe (I'm starting to encounter people and heat media personalities put Crosby above Howe too easily, and it's stressing me out lol)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad