Your most hated commentator lines

GnrlDisarray

Nov 21, 2017
When you listen to the same commentators night after night there's bound to be certain lines they repeat. And eventually you get really tired of them. What are your most hated ones?

As someone who follows mostly Canes here's my top 2:

''Hey Hey What do you say!''
''That's Hockey baby!''

At this point I almost wanna hit mute every time Carolina scores so I don't have to hear them again.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Jim Hughson's "he shoots, he scores" often sounds really forced and unnatural.

Also this is really specific but there's one Mikko Koivu goal from awhile back where the Minnesota commentator goes "Mikko moving, Mikko deking, Mikko shooting, he scores!"
Always really bugged me that he didn't finish it off with "Mikko scoring", he literally set it up perfectly.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
When you listen to the same commentators night after night there's bound to be certain lines they repeat. And eventually you get really tired of them. What are your most hated ones?

As someone who follows mostly Canes here's my top 2:

''Hey Hey What do you say!''
''That's Hockey baby!''

At this point I almost wanna hit mute every time Carolina scores so I don't have to hear them again.

I like Forslund but those phrases make me cringe. He is better on national broadcasts.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
"Good draw weight" every single time a player dumps the puck down the ice and it stops short of icing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad