Your Most Embarrassing Post or Worst Take

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Any post that I defended or gave Dorion the benefit of the doubt. How many times I said "leave him alone, he is just Melnyk's puppet"?

It was only at the beginning of the 2020-21 season that I was completely out of the denial phase, once I saw that he could be the worst GM of all time on his own and didn't need the Melnyk excuse at all.
That is a great call.

I absolutely fell into that trap as well, I thought he was set up to fail, there was no way he believed the BS he had to speak to keep his job. Melnyk did not help, but Dorion got into the the WoAT tier on his own.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm drunk and y'all can kiss my butt!

Does this count?
Drunk and posting on HFSens is a bad combo, especially for next day light reading…. Ask me how I know….lol

Gotta love waking up and wanting to check for news and seeing you have 20 notifications….. ah shit, what the hell did I say this time….

Anyways, I like DBC, thought Murray could find magic, thought Korpi had turned a corner after surgery, and thought Chych would be a beast who could play both sides. Drank the kook-aid 4 times over and died 4 times.

And yet, I am thrilled with Ullmark, and think that Perron, Amadio, and Jenson will adequately fill the various holes we need to right the ship and get us going in the right direction.

I liked the Boucher pick for the top six or nine guy who can play, chip in offensively, and loves to hit, loved the Yak pick for similar reasons, but more of everything, plus RD, and love the big Swede pick because I want that Chara player out there so badly, and the kids favourite thing to do is hit people. I want a massive Gudas back there. Soooooo, incoming disappointment probability is high….

I’m just a sucker for it I guess, though I love the core of the team right now, and all the feels with having so many of the legendary boys back with the organization.

Here’s to another season filled with terrible takes!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ate major crow on Tkachuk. Thought he'd be a 50-60P guy. Didn't see PPG upside based on mediocre numbers at lower levels.

I actually liked the Chychrun trade when it was made. Called it Dorion's best trade. Ended up being closer to his worse trade.

Loved the Logan Brown pick. Thought he had a good chance at being a #1 center.

Frigging Logan Brown. Almost legendary set of tools, a good toolbox, but too lazy to even try to reach his potential. Kid could've been a star with even a modest effort and time in the gym.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Frigging Logan Brown. Almost legendary set of tools, a good toolbox, but too lazy to even try to reach his potential. Kid could've been a star with even a modest effort and time in the gym.

Usually with the sons of former players and current coaches, that stuff isn't a problem.

Definitely a pick that stings, especially since we traded up.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Though DBC would consider extending, I suppose in an alternative universe where the team made the playoffs there might have been a chance, but not in this universe...

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I’m hoping any post I made bashing the hiring ofTravis Green as head coach come back to bite me. I really hope he fits well and has success, no matter how much I complained at the time.

Reactions: LiseL and BigRig4

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Usually with the sons of former players and current coaches, that stuff isn't a problem.

Definitely a pick that stings, especially since we traded up.
I find myself wondering if Logan Brown had issues with his father and the way he was coached and pushed over the years. When I saw him I saw a guy who just didn't look like he loved hockey all that much. When Jeff Brown was coach of the 67's he was definitely, err, a pretty intense guy...

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I've had a lot of bad takes, but can't think of many that are absolutely terrible. While I was pro-Zadina, I wasn't burning my jersey when Tkachuk was selected. BT seemed like a safe pick, but I was certain that Zadina was a 40 goal guy.

I remember thinking that the loss of Nick Paul was going to be negligible. 24 goals last year and a solid 2-way player. Whoops!

Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I love how people are eating crow because of the BT pick over Zadina.

I'm eating crow because I was raging over the BT pick because I wanted Boqvist lol. Plenty of crow to go around there.

I think the only pick that could've been made at #4 that wouldn't have sucked in hindsight (relative to everyone else picked in the top 10) was Hughes.

Reactions: BigRig4

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I love how people are eating crow because of the BT pick over Zadina.

I'm eating crow because I was raging over the BT pick because I wanted Boqvist lol. Plenty of crow to go around there.

I think the only pick that could've been made at #4 that wouldn't have sucked in hindsight (relative to everyone else picked in the top 10) was Hughes.
Sanderson Dobson
Chabot Zub

wouldn't be to bad either... certainly could have avoided the Chychrun costly acquisition.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Peter Regin, the Alfie successor and next decade-long captain
I also thought Regin would be a player here.

Initially I didn't hate the Brassard trade. I liked the idea behind it but quickly realized once he got here he was on the back 9 of his career and it was fading fast.

I also liked the idea of Logan Brown. He really showed signs of elite skill but I guess that just isn't going to happen for a guy that won't put in the work at that size.

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I also thought Regin would be a player here.
To be fair, didn't regin blow out his shoulder? Or maybe I'm thinking of Schastlivy, I thought that guy was a sure thing too...

Initially I didn't hate the Brassard trade. I liked the idea behind it but quickly realized once he got here he was on the back 9 of his career and it was fading fast.

I didn't like the trade but understood what they were trying for, had you swapped which team gave up the second I probably would have been happy with it

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He was a good goal scorer for sure, but that makes him one dimensional, even if the dimension is a very, very important one.

It is hindsight, and his peak was in Ottawa, but I think we can say his career was unremarkable considering how good he was at scoring goals. He "should have been" way better with that skill set.

Useful player for sure, goals are a good thing to get, but I'm comfortable with calling him a not very good one as well.

EDIT: I'll be positive and call him a complementary player, rather than a not very good one.
I can't argue with a lot of that. He put up like 40 goals a season in Florida after and they just let him walk without any attempt to re-sign.

I think we squeezed the juice and got the best he had to offer for sure. Didn't really expose itself until the team itself as a whole was shit, but he hasn't really stuck anywhere since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad