Value of: your middle-six winger to the blue jackets

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
kent johnson's injury last night didn't look good, voronkov is still out for ~6 weeks, and jenner's out until march.

as of today, our current second and third line wingers are:
  1. zach aston-reese
  2. mikael pyyhtia
  3. mathieu olivier
  4. justin danforth
ground rules:
  1. ideal shape of this deal is "pending UFA third line forward from a cap strapped team for future considerations"
  2. would also consider taking a 2-3 year "bad contract, productive player" guy + draft comp for future considerations
  3. no, we don't want josh anderson or brendan gallagher
  4. no, jiricek will not be in this deal
  5. if your trade proposal includes taking all of elvis merzlikins' salary i give you permission to get a little freaky with it

• Haha
Reactions: squashmaple

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Oh boy, this is what I've been waiting for.

Kuzmenko
Mantha
Coleman

take your pick, none of them are cap dumps though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh boy, this is what I've been waiting for.

Kuzmenko
Mantha
Coleman

take your pick, none of them are cap dumps though.
That's probably about what my preference order would be. Either that or Mantha in front.

* * *​
Pettersson for Fantilli.
trouble.gif

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I'm not even sure, hes exceeded my expectations. Like a 2nd with retention?

I realize that is meaningless for Columbus but that's what I had in my head.

Yeah I think we were thinking like a 3rd straight up at the TDL (probably no retention required). A second with retention works, but I think CBJ would rather not pay a premium for retention.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
kent johnson's injury last night didn't look good, voronkov is still out for ~6 weeks, and jenner's out until march.

as of today, our current second and third line wingers are:
  1. zach aston-reese
  2. mikael pyyhtia
  3. mathieu olivier
  4. justin danforth
ground rules:
  1. ideal shape of this deal is "pending UFA third line forward from a cap strapped team for future considerations"
  2. would also consider taking a 2-3 year "bad contract, productive player" guy + draft comp for future considerations
  3. no, we don't want josh anderson or brendan gallagher
  4. no, jiricek will not be in this deal
  5. if your trade proposal includes taking all of elvis merzlikins' salary i give you permission to get a little freaky with it
Pending UFAs are likely to be kept to be pawned off as rentals in 4 months, though.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Pending UFAs are likely to be kept to be pawned off as rentals in 4 months, though.

Typically, yes. I think some GMs wouldn't be opposed to giving CBJ a helping hand. Good trading relationships, goodwill etc.

Flames would have a bunch of guys that might work. A few guys are buddies with Monahan and Gudbranson too. But IDK if management prefers not to to jostle the room too much after this solid start.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I wonder if it would make sense for Columbus to either trade for Saad, or potentially claim Kapanen assuming he is waived at some point this year which seems likely given how much depth the Blues have. The only issue is it seems like this is a need to fix now situation vs a wait and see how it plays out.

I'd imagine Columbus would like to be as competitive as possible barring it doesn't hurt their future in terms of shelling out futures to do so. They have alot of young talent at the NHL level that they've invested into. It seems like being at least competitive would be beneficial for development there.

Saad could make some sense for both sides, however, he has trade protection and I'm not sure if Columbus would be somewhere he would be ok with going or not. I'm also not sure what value the Blues would put on moving him currently. He's a productive player, but we have a lot of youth that we're trying to play. Ultimately sending Bolduc down may make more sense than trading off Saad even if it's not as beneficial for Bolduc.

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Consider Conor Geekie of Boston! 17 goals last year RH wing or center Expiring contract 2 million!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad