Value of: Your goaler to the Avs

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
1. In the immediate scenario, Rs are not acquiring ufa/rfa so no negotiation on their end is nec.
2. MacK and Shesty are both gonna be expensive for whoever holds their rights and there is no getting around that. They are gonna be in the same ballpark number. Beginning next season, both will be under contract long term. Not seeing a big whoop there.

3. No on Marner for Shesty. NY does not want/need.
Something around core pieces Shesty + Zib for Nylander + Knies
Yeah, we both know at best your big push for valuable negotiation rights is pretty bullshitty. That has the value of a 3rd rounder AT BEST. Now you need to start adding to make up the difference in value and term from there and that's a long road.

Rangers would be adding to get Marner.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Leafs can do a deal, 4-ish pieces each side, enuf coming + going win win

LA really only needs include Byfield, rest can be smoothing of the edges

As to Makar, sure, but taking into acct age etc, and need for position I don't see COLO considering him either
I cannot argue with the first two points.

But I think Colorado with cap uncertainty of stars and a need to shake up their core easily does a deal centered on Makar. But does NYR need two elite defenders? MacGinnon makes more sense from a team composition.

Reactions: Ceremony

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I cannot argue with the first two points.

But I think Colorado with cap uncertainty of stars and a need to shake up their core easily does a deal centered on Makar. But does NYR need two elite defenders? MacGinnon makes more sense from a team composition.
I appreciate you recognizing the full value of Shesty
I think Colo does not want to pay top top $ in any currency for an elite Vez quality G.
We did not know that prior, but I think we can conclude that now.

Avs will go bargain basement and live with the results

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah, we both know at best your big push for valuable negotiation rights is pretty bullshitty. That has the value of a 3rd rounder AT BEST. Now you need to start adding to make up the difference in value and term from there and that's a long road.

Rangers would be adding to get Marner.
we don't "both know"
you are pushing a false narrative.
Ability of suitor to nail down Shesty contract prior to transfer is huge.

Rs do not need, want Marner, would not add

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad