Value of: Your goaler to the Avs

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I see the Wild's goalie situation becoming more trouble than it's worth. Like everybody else in the hockey world not name Bill Guerin. It's already starting with early injuries and call up needs. I am somewhat hopeful Gustavsson is traded well before the TDL because this three goalie jazz cannot be beneficial for anyone involved, especially Wallstedt. Something has to give..

So far Gus is looking to be in good goalie form. Albeit tiny sample size. Any trade offer. even quarters to dollars value are hopefully considered, but then who know what hell Billy G is thinking anyway throughout this.

Minnesota can very easily demote Wallstedt to be AHL starter when all 3 are healthy, and then replace Fleury on the NHL roster next season. It's very simple and easier than a trade. Try explaining that to Guerin though...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Leafs have Matthews. Maybe Marner if he signs a sweetheart deal could get a trade done. What does LA have though? No 3 assets they have is even close to 1/3 of what it would take.

This may be insulting to Aves fans and Rangers may not have a need. But Makar could be the right price.

Aves already have a 7 million dollars contract for Toews. And Manson and Girard each on pretty big contracts. What is the use without and elite goaler?

The price seems fair to me but NYRs have Fox already who is arguably even to Makar. Fox more defensive than power player but both are top defense.
Leafs can do a deal, 4-ish pieces each side, enuf coming + going win win

LA really only needs include Byfield, rest can be smoothing of the edges

As to Makar, sure, but taking into acct age etc, and need for position I don't see COLO considering him either

• Haha
Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Minnesota can very easily demote Wallstedt to be AHL starter when all 3 are healthy, and then replace Fleury on the NHL roster next season. It's very simple and easier than a trade. Try explaining that to Guerin though...
I actually completely agree with you to be honest, especially the last sentence, Problem I have is Guerin opened his big mouth and told Wallstedt to get a place to live in the Twin Cities. If the Wild demote him for the majority of the season they are kind of doing Wallstedt double dirty. One by going back on their significant NHL time. He would also now be paying for a pad that he's not even living at, on an hL salary. I don't want our own version of an Askarov situation. Guerin's track record with goalies that isn't a former team mate is becoming a concern, or least topic of interest, for me. And his mouth. While usually entertaining sometimes BillyG needs to get out of his own way and shut up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad