Value of: Your goaler to the Avs

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
I see the Wild's goalie situation becoming more trouble than it's worth. Like everybody else in the hockey world not name Bill Guerin. It's already starting with early injuries and call up needs. I am somewhat hopeful Gustavsson is traded well before the TDL because this three goalie jazz cannot be beneficial for anyone involved, especially Wallstedt. Something has to give..

So far Gus is looking to be in good goalie form. Albeit tiny sample size. Any trade offer. even quarters to dollars value are hopefully considered, but then who know what hell Billy G is thinking anyway throughout this.

Minnesota can very easily demote Wallstedt to be AHL starter when all 3 are healthy, and then replace Fleury on the NHL roster next season. It's very simple and easier than a trade. Try explaining that to Guerin though...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Leafs have Matthews. Maybe Marner if he signs a sweetheart deal could get a trade done. What does LA have though? No 3 assets they have is even close to 1/3 of what it would take.

This may be insulting to Aves fans and Rangers may not have a need. But Makar could be the right price.

Aves already have a 7 million dollars contract for Toews. And Manson and Girard each on pretty big contracts. What is the use without and elite goaler?

The price seems fair to me but NYRs have Fox already who is arguably even to Makar. Fox more defensive than power player but both are top defense.
Leafs can do a deal, 4-ish pieces each side, enuf coming + going win win

LA really only needs include Byfield, rest can be smoothing of the edges

As to Makar, sure, but taking into acct age etc, and need for position I don't see COLO considering him either

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Minnesota can very easily demote Wallstedt to be AHL starter when all 3 are healthy, and then replace Fleury on the NHL roster next season. It's very simple and easier than a trade. Try explaining that to Guerin though...
I actually completely agree with you to be honest, especially the last sentence, Problem I have is Guerin opened his big mouth and told Wallstedt to get a place to live in the Twin Cities. If the Wild demote him for the majority of the season they are kind of doing Wallstedt double dirty. One by going back on their significant NHL time. He would also now be paying for a pad that he's not even living at, on an hL salary. I don't want our own version of an Askarov situation. Guerin's track record with goalies that isn't a former team mate is becoming a concern, or least topic of interest, for me. And his mouth. While usually entertaining sometimes BillyG needs to get out of his own way and shut up.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
96pk3y.jpg

Reactions: Guttersniped

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Avs have 5 non-ELC goalies under contract now to play NHL and AHL, which should ideally be 4 goalies. Kuemper Annunen Kahkonen Mandolese Miner. I think you would be forced to take a goalie back, as 5 is already arguably too many and 6 is definitely too many. Perhaps Colorarado would demand Pittsburgh take Mandolese to play in Wilkes-Barre, or to be re-traded to a third team.
We have no problem burying a guy in the ECHL if that's what it takes, but we don't need one back. Send us a pick/prospect and a 1-2 year cap dump.

Reactions: Giskard

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You can have Anton Forsberg for a conditional pick, based on how many Vezina's he wins.

Just take a look at his stats on December 2nd last year.
1728964808823.png

39 save shutout! Impressive right? If he was that good on Ottawa, just imagine how good he'd be on Colorado...!

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Dumbass Avs should have just kept Kuemper and we may be looking at more cups right now. Shame on stupid ass sakic and cmac for neglecting the position and letting Kuemper go
lol no. Nukes drug problem is why they arent going for a 4peat right now.

Reactions: McJedi

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Do you mean "the" Darth Vlader?

Always wanted this guy.

But he sucks? I'm terrible at predicting prospects, and I feel like he's aged beyond prospect.

He doesn't suck no. Just inconsistent and needs a new contract on a team looking to accumulate assets.
Has the odd game where he's out of his mind good and has the odd stinker. His normal level is decent backup, just don't think there's all that much more there.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
We have no problem burying a guy in the ECHL if that's what it takes, but we don't need one back. Send us a pick/prospect and a 1-2 year cap dump.
You can't assign a player on an NHL contract to the ECHL unless you get their permission, according to the CBA. Entry level contracts are an exception. All 5 goalies are beyond their ELC contract.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Dumbass Avs should have just kept Kuemper and we may be looking at more cups right now. Shame on stupid ass sakic and cmac for neglecting the position and letting Kuemper go
doubtful, he was terribad last year for the caps

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I think Nedeljkovic should be back soon. Hes pretty cheap (2.5x2) and can give about average goaltending.

Could that be a target?

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
That's not a bad target, but the biggest hurdle would be shifting Georgiev's $3.5m
yeah. and i dont know if pens can take on the extra 900k if they take him back.
They have Lizptte and Ned on regular IR tho, only lizotte on LITR. Im not good at calculating thos thing, but i think they count against the cap atm.

So maybe if Lizotte comes back they send 1 player making 900k down at that opens up the 900k needed, since Lizotte cap hit already counts against the cap?

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Amsterdam
Vladar has recovered from an injury that impacted his ability to play and made him undealable last TDL. He definitely would be in conversations here.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
There was a published article says Kings want to go hard after Shesterkin if he does not extend w/Rs
If that is the case then
preference is Shesty + Zib for Byfield + Anderson = ballpark cap works + fits needs

If that is not the case then we an talk
Shesty + Zib for MacKinnon + __________________
or just something around Shesty for MacK if Zib doesn't waive or Avs do not want

Howev
No MacK
no deal
backup plan is Shesty + Zib ++ for Nylander +Knies + +

Have you recently been exposed to paint fumes?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Kuemper just gave up 8 goals yesterday.

How bad is Georgiev for Kuemper to be an upgrade ? 😬

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
This is an elite vez quality guy locked in at 5.6 this yr and you get to negotiate extension immediately before.
I am not saying 1:1 but main pieces would have to be Igor + MacK
Shoe on the other foot, you want Shesty for bupkis
And I am the one who has to get real?
Look in the mirror, physician, heal thyself
You sure put a lot of value for the Rangers letting a team be the first to negotiate. What is the highest value a team has go back for negotiation rights in a trade? Of course this applies to every single player traded and is not unique to Shesty. The Rangers will also be getting back a player they can have a chance to negotiate first with. I don’t see how that makes up the near 6 year gap in control between McKinnon and Shesty.

Why not Marner for Shesty straight up? Same amount of team control. The Rangers get an incredible value in getting to negotiate with Marner before anyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad