Value of: Your goaler to the Avs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How does that improve the Avs? What's the point of even posting that?

Avs are going to be stuck most likely. There's no way they pay more than a 1st for a goalie. And the quality of net minders for that price will probably be poor. So bargain bin it, wait til UFA and overpay someone or hope Justus steps up and Nabokov is the hero in 1-2 years.
you can certainly accept poor net minders for a bottom price if that is yr choice
I said that atm, Shesty is possibly available, but he is not available for cheap, b'c Rs can still go 12.25 ish x 4 and get it done if they have to, and there are gonna be 4-ish or so bidders w/high end offers.

So any bidder needs to recognize Shesty is elite, Vezina quality, entering prime, and offer accordingly.
In case of Avs, I don't expect there is any currency acceptable other than MacKinnon.

If you don't want to go there, fine, no prob.
But it is elite for elite and it is not an insulting premise

• Haha
Reactions: Linds

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Anyone who thinks they’re getting MacKinnon for a goalie needs to seriously re-evaluate things
Like I said, you don't wanna go there, aim lower and get what you pay for
But that said, it is disingenuous to characterize this as MacK for "a goalie"
Shesty is elite vez quality entering his prime
that is not, in all fairness "a goalie"

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
May I grab your attention for a slightly used and worn down Matthew Murray?

He’s got the Stanley cup pedigree and I’ve heard his glove hand is lethal for shooters

Ok I’ll see myself out
No. You don’t need to go anywhere, you belong to stay here with us.

all humour is subjective

• Love
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
From what I remember trading Kovalenko and some other guys for a goalie from Montreal worked pretty fine last time.

From what I remember, the goalie we got from Montreal in that trade had 2 Cups, 3 Vezinas and 2 Smythes before he came to Colorado. If you've got another one of those lying around somewhere, I'm pretty sure we can work something out again.

Otherwise, you may want to look at the Theodore for Aebischer trade as a better comparable.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I feel like Blackwood is just another Georgiev. Very talented but has lacked focus and has had more than 40 starts only once and that was years ago. And no playoff experience.

Unless the proposition is just “swap our enigma for yours, with salary evened out” as simply a change of scenery move, I don’t see it.

The Avs should be looking for experience. There’s no reason so add another “maybe” to a group that now includes Kahkonen, Georgiev and Annunen.

My guess is the Avs will not panic nearly as much as fans are two games into the season. They’ll give KK a run, probably try Georgiev again at some point and also see how Annunen does in some games where he’s not thrown into a dejected fire pit that Georgiev has started. Surely they cannot go into next spring with this arrangement, but they don’t need to throw stuff against the wall right now. Claiming Kahkonen was their “let’s just give this a try, it’s only October” move.
This ain’t an October meltdown. This dates back to the playoffs with seattle

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
There was a published article says Kings want to go hard after Shesterkin if he does not extend w/Rs
If that is the case then
preference is Shesty + Zib for Byfield + Anderson = ballpark cap works + fits needs

If that is not the case then we an talk
Shesty + Zib for MacKinnon + __________________
or just something around Shesty for MacK if Zib doesn't waive or Avs do not want

Howev
No MacK
no deal
backup plan is Shesty + Zib ++ for Nylander +Knies + +
Without Mack it’s all useless.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
you can certainly accept poor net minders for a bottom price if that is yr choice
I said that atm, Shesty is possibly available, but he is not available for cheap, b'c Rs can still go 12.25 ish x 4 and get it done if they have to, and there are gonna be 4-ish or so bidders w/high end offers.

So any bidder needs to recognize Shesty is elite, Vezina quality, entering prime, and offer accordingly.
In case of Avs, I don't expect there is any currency acceptable other than MacKinnon.

If you don't want to go there, fine, no prob.
But it is elite for elite and it is not an insulting premise
Lolllll

1- Shesty will never sign for 4 years. 12M × 8 years will be the minimum
2- Rags have ZERO leverage, Shesty is a UFA.

Lol at you thinking you'll get a Mack or Byfield type of player for Shesterskin.

Reactions: Linds and go4hockey

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
If Blomqvist keeps playing well and Jarry isn't to your liking, what about Nedelkovic? Logjam has gotta play itself out one way or the other for the Pens. There's organizational depth so we don't need a goalie back.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lolllll

1- Shesty will never sign for 4 years. 12M × 8 years will be the minimum
2- Rags have ZERO leverage, Shesty is a UFA.

Lol at you thinking you'll get a Mack or Byfield type of player for Shesterskin.
wrong x 3

There is already hint of rumblings Shesty wants max max #, north of what Panarin is getting, and likely considers less term to correspond to that #.

Rags have all the leverage now.
If they wait, then they lose it.
But if they make a deal now, they are good
Obv no suitor wants to pay top $$ for Igor and he walks, so obv, no prob to have such suitor talk before w/his camp so it is effectively sign and trade

And third, we can go w/Garand + Quick now, but if we give Igor 12.25 x 4 no nmc limited ntc we can just keep him now and flip in a yr or so

Igor IS an elite Vez quality G and he WILL return elite value coming back

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
wrong x 3

There is already hint of rumblings Shesty wants max max #, north of what Panarin is getting, and likely considers less term to correspond to that #.

Obv no suitor wants to pay top $$ for Igor and he walks, so obv, no prob to have such suitor talk before w/his camp so it is effectively sign and trade

And third, we can go w/Garand + Quick now, but if we give Igor 12.25 x 4 no nmc limited ntc we can just keep him now and flip in a yr or so

Again, he ain't signing for 4 years lol. Rags have zero leverage. He won't sign for any deal under 8x12 and you are delusional if you think otherwise.

Reactions: Linds

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It makes me sad that Fleury isn't an Av. Would've been the perfect spot to spend the last few years of his career

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Again, he ain't signing for 4 years lol. Rags have zero leverage. He won't sign for any deal under 8x12 and you are delusional if you think otherwise.
How do you know?
If he can break 12 he succeeds and he is gambling only 4 yrs he still is early 30s, still prime for a netminder.
In 4 yrs market may support higher price than now, like 14 or even 15 after
He does 12+ now then a 6 yr deal 14 first 3, 15 the next -- min
long term he makes more

and it is Rangers, or Rs for short, not "Rags"

Again, you fail to admit to reality NY has immediate/short term leverage, not ongoing

Ability to cut a deal w/LA/TOR + one or two others for top return is possible

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
wrong x 3

Lmao

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Like I said, you don't wanna go there, aim lower and get what you pay for
But that said, it is disingenuous to characterize this as MacK for "a goalie"
Shesty is elite vez quality entering his prime
that is not, in all fairness "a goalie"

Nope. MacKinnon signs his contract after the SC win then proceeds to put up a 111 pt season in 71 games (projects to almost 130) then follows it up with 140 and hardware. His contract is already team friendly based on the Matthews and Draisaitl deals.

Rantanen is also an elite level player and in a similar situation. Weird you go at MacKinnon.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
wrong x 3

Dude go home you’re drunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad