Value of: Your decent bottom 6 RW to Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Our forward group is finally looking decent after starting the offseason looking pretty weak.

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Vermette-XXX
Garbutt-Wagner-Boll

We need someone to fill in that remaining spot. I don't like Raymond at all.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
If we're just looking for a bottom 6 forward, I'd rather them give someone like Noesen a shot.

However, I'd much rather see Cogs on the third line and try and pickup a top 6 forward.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Stafford would fit in nicely there

OP should probably have mentioned that contracts like Stafford's are a complete no go due to the budget.

I'd be fine if they went into a camp with an open top 9 spot and let Ritchie, Sorenson, Kerdiles, Kossila, Kase, Noeson etc fight it out to see if any of them are ready to stick. There's nothing to say another top 9 forward can't be added over the course of the year.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Isn't Anaheim looking to shed salary and not add? They only have 9.2m in cap space and I assume most of that will go to Lindholm (6m) and Rakell (bridge around 2.5m?) are they likely to play the season as a cap team?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Isn't Anaheim looking to shed salary and not add? They only have 9.2m in cap space and I assume most of that will go to Lindholm (6m) and Rakell (bridge around 2.5m?) are they likely to play the season as a cap team?

Where did you get 9,2 from?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

We can only speculate about the budget at the moment, we don't have much info to go on there other than being told it would be greater than last season. Financially speaking, the Ducks are set to benefit quite a bit from expansion, it could be possible that money is at least partially allocated to player salaries, boosting us up into cap ceiling range.

That being said, you're right that the Ducks likely can't take on significant salary without sending some back. For the purpose of this discussion I think we should be looking at deals that bring back a young NHL ready forward who could be tried out in our top 9.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Looking at how bad Ritchie was last season, he has no business being on the first line.

If he hasn't improved dramatically, he should start the season in the AHL.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Our forward group is finally looking decent after starting the offseason looking pretty weak.

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Vermette-XXX
Garbutt-Wagner-Boll

We need someone to fill in that remaining spot. I don't like Raymond at all.

Rakell can play RW or LW so we don't specifically need a RW

Raymond > Boll

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Kerdiles?

Could you give a scouting report on him? Don't know much about ducks prospects.

If the you're fishing for one of our good D prospects, then that's an easy no. I like Wingels a lot, but he's a rental that we can't afford to keep.

I mean if that's what you want to give us :laugh:

No just don't know much about Ducks prospects outside of the top 2-3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad