Value of: Your Backup Goalie to New York City

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Are you looking for cap space for a trade deadline move? Otherwise, I'm not sure why this benefits Edmonton. Georgiev has had some decent years, but this year he's above 4 goals against with an .858 save %. That's just not good. Limited minutes and confident issues from sitting on the bench maybe, but there's too many stoppable shots going in, which can't be justified by great saves because he's not really making any.
Skinner is starting to look good and we also have Smith. Georgiev would be a test drive in Edmonton and unlike Koskinen would still be an Oilers property after this season.
And yes, Oilers need all the cap space they can get for the deadline loadup..

Win - win for both teams

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Are you looking for cap space for a trade deadline move? Otherwise, I'm not sure why this benefits Edmonton. Georgiev has had some decent years, but this year he's above 4 goals against with an .858 save %. That's just not good. Limited minutes and confident issues from sitting on the bench maybe, but there's too many stoppable shots going in, which can't be justified by great saves because he's not really making any.

Agree
this yr particularly he is not good at turning it on and off and needs more frequent/regular mins to stay sharp.

Of course, that is not coming out of Shesty...

I would prefer to go w/cheaper internal options.

If we can package Hajek + Geo possibly retained for expiring cap dump, that could work

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
We're not trading for a 3M+ backup G. Maybe if the Stars retain...
I know, nobody is really going to WANT Khudobin. But if the Stars trade anybody, it should be him, not Holtby. And if it's not Khudobin... well, it still shouldn't be Holtby. Until the trade deadline, anyway... if the Stars are out of it by then, it's a different story.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Calgary seems to have a decent backup in Vladar. What would he be worth to you?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Excuse me, I was told that Georgiev was an elite goalie in the wings and the Sabres should be grateful for Georgiev, Kravstov and a conditional 7th round pick in 2029 for Eichel.

What happened?
This has nothing to do with the Sabres. Nobody cares about the Eichel saga anymore, or the Sabres in general for that matter. Back to irrelevancy. Better luck on your 10th straight attempt at a rebuild.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
This has nothing to do with the Sabres. Nobody cares about the Eichel saga anymore, or the Sabres in general for that matter. Back to irrelevancy. Better luck on your 10th straight attempt at a rebuild.

It actually could because Buffalo has no goalies under contract next year and has two backup level goalies in Anderson and Tokarski under contract. So they might be willing to take on a project like Georgiev.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Rangers should just give Huska a shot. He's 24 and if all the stars align he's probably a career backup goalie in the NHL, not a starter, especially with our team.

Reactions: bernmeister

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Halak and Boeser for Greorgiev, Kakko, and Schnieder

2 birds one stone

I'm guessing if a deal like this were to be made, it would be Kravtsov going to Vancouver, not Kakko...

To New York: Boeser, Halak

To Vancouver: Kravtsov, Schneider, Georgiev

And even then, maybe the Rangers insist Schneider is unavailable, and the Canucks are forced to settle for Lundkvist...

To Vancouver: Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Georgiev

Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Georgiev for essentially Boeser is still a very winnable trade for Vancouver...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'm guessing if a deal like this were to be made, it would be Kravtsov going to Vancouver, not Kakko...

To Vancouver: Kravtsov, Schneider, Georgiev

And even then, maybe the Rangers insist Schneider is unavailable, and the Canucks are forced to settle for Lundkvist...

To Vancouver: Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Georgiev

Kravtsov, Lundkvist, Georgiev for essentially Boeser is still a very winnable trade for Vancouver...

I understand you are responding to/commenting on another proposal.

We are not
- adding guys we can't afford next yr given cap reality
- dealing youth for age

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Excuse me, I was told that Georgiev was an elite goalie in the wings and the Sabres should be grateful for Georgiev, Kravstov and a conditional 7th round pick in 2029 for Eichel.

What happened?

Geo was regarded as a 2nd, a bit better if retained, let's not move goalposts.

And unless/until Eich demonstrates he is fully healed and productive somewhat back to full form, he is not worth 9OA potential of Kravtsov.

You got lucky LV chose to gamble, and overpaid to do so.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It actually could because Buffalo has no goalies under contract next year and has two backup level goalies in Anderson and Tokarski under contract. So they might be willing to take on a project like Georgiev.

fine.
I don't have a 3rd this year so I will give you
EITHER
2023 NYR 3rd
OR
22022 NYR + WPG 4ths

+ Hajek + Geo

for

Oskari Laaksonen

basically I'll pay you what OL cost in draft pick and you can have the other 2 as projects for free, and we will recover cap.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Geo was regarded as a 2nd, a bit better if retained, let's not move goalposts.

And unless/until Eich demonstrates he is fully healed and productive somewhat back to full form, he is not worth 9OA potential of Kravtsov.

You got lucky LV chose to gamble, and overpaid to do so.
By characterizing Kravtsov's worth as "9th overall potential" with no other context, do you think you might be leaving anything out? Just curious.

Reactions: Ice Mammoth

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
fine.
I don't have a 3rd this year so I will give you
EITHER
2023 NYR 3rd
OR
22022 NYR + WPG 4ths

+ Hajek + Geo

for

Oskari Laaksonen

basically I'll pay you what OL cost in draft pick and you can have the other 2 as projects for free, and we will recover cap.
Don’t see buffalo saying yes
Geo is a potential non tender by the rangers this upcoming offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad