Value of: Young top 4 d-man to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I too would suggest Simon Despres. He was great before the injury. Could probably be cheap since Anaheim needs to shed defenseman and salary. And we all know how much Shero loves his former Penguins. :laugh:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I too would suggest Simon Despres. He was great before the injury. Could probably be cheap since Anaheim needs to shed defenseman and salary. And we all know how much Shero loves his former Penguins. :laugh:

And therein lies the problem!

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Out of that list i think Hagg and Reinhart would be the cheapest to acquire, but both won't be top 4 dmen

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
For what? A 4th or 5th, sure. Otherwise, no. He's coming off a 32 game season and has never made it through an entire season in the NHL. Plugs are easy to come by.

Despres a plug.... seriously? He looked a bit off after the concussion, but its not like it's out of the norm for a player to take some time to get back to form after one. Prior to that he looked fantastic with Anaheim, and even managed to make Rob Scuderi look like a semi useful player still <one of his more impressive feats to be sure>.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Tall order for a guy who's only played more than 40 games once.

He's a lot like Beau Bennett, really. A little healthier, but not a whole lot.

He's only been an NHL regular for the past 2 seasons so I'm a little confused at your first comment. In his first pro season (2011-12) he played 62 games between the NHL and AHL. He has played 60, 70, 75 games since then, up until last season when he was out half the year with a concussion. He received the concussion from a dirty hit by Tyson Barrie. Not the worst hit ever but it was high and late and he was a vulnerable target...all the things the NHL has been trying to get out of the game. If you want to say that his lengthy recovery is a sign that he may be concussion prone, that's your opinion and you are welcome to think that, but don't tell me he has only played 40 games in a season once, or that he is on some Beau Bennett level of injury prone, whatever that may mean to you.

He played 75 games in 14/15 and looked really good once he came over to Anaheim. Last year was basically a lost season for him. If he was on the NJD he would be a 2nd pairing defenseman for them, as he was for the Ducks prior to injury (avg 19 minutes a game)

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He's only been an NHL regular for the past 2 seasons so I'm a little confused at your first comment. In his first pro season (2011-12) he played 62 games between the NHL and AHL. He has played 60, 70, 75 games since then, up until last season when he was out half the year with a concussion. He received the concussion from a dirty hit by Tyson Barrie. Not the worst hit ever but it was high and late and he was a vulnerable target...all the things the NHL has been trying to get out of the game. If you want to say that his lengthy recovery is a sign that he may be concussion prone, that's your opinion and you are welcome to think that, but don't tell me he has only played 40 games in a season once, or that he is on some Beau Bennett level of injury prone, whatever that may mean to you.

He played 75 games in 14/15 and looked really good once he came over to Anaheim. Last year was basically a lost season for him. If he was on the NJD he would be a 2nd pairing defenseman for them, as he was for the Ducks prior to injury (avg 19 minutes a game)

Oh. Well then that makes more sense. Seems my research was spotty. Nevermind! :laugh:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Edmonton fans would do Larsson for Hall

I wouldn't and I have talked to many others that wouldn't . I also don't think Hall would have been traded if Lucic never signed and Puljujarvi never fell to us . I think in 2 or 3 years Puljujarvi makes Oiler fans forget about Hall . I also think the trade may have saved Yakupov career . He was an outcast in Hall's little group .

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Joel Edmundson (23yrs) from STL
Jack Johnson (29yrs) from Columbus
Brandon Dillon (25yrs) from SJS

I mentioned them earlier, but no one seems to have noticed. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad