GDT: Young Stars Tournament - Game 3 - Winnipeg Jets vs Edmonton Oilers - Monday, September 16th - 1:00 PM CDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Likely that he’s feeling some pressure. Knows who he was traded for and is likely overthinking/griping the stick a little too hard. Good to see him in some actual exhibition games with NHL players
He didn't seem like a player over thinking things today. He just put himself in the right position continuously to either take possession or give a line mate a passing option. He played one of the better games that I've seen in this tournament over the years. And agreed, it will be nice to see what he can do in the preseason.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Torgersson looks like he had another strong game by those highlights. It would be nice to see him have a breakout season, after last season, put himself back on the radar of our prospect list.

After these 3 games, seems pretty safe to say Milic is looking like the front runner to lead the Moose this season. Di Vincentiis might have to get his chops in the ECHL like Milic did last year.

Do people think Milic will get any games in preseason?

Reactions: roccerfeller

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Torgersson looks like he had another strong game by those highlights. It would be nice to see him have a breakout season, after last season, put himself back on the radar of our prospect list.

After these 3 games, seems pretty safe to say Milic is looking like the front runner to lead the Moose this season. Di Vincentiis might have to get his chops in the ECHL like Milic did last year.

Milic is good but Comrie/Kappo have to battle it out.

Torgs time has passed - watched half the game and he was very AJF... which everyone is...

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Milic is good but Comrie/Kappo have to battle it out.

Torgs time has passed - watched half the game and he was very AJF... which everyone is...
He's one year older than Chibrikov. Who had a good tournament, but I don't think Torgersson got scored against this tourney. Killed penalties, which is going to be a team need depending on which role players aren't back next year. I think 3rd year of ELC is when a lot of prospects can break out, take Harkins as an example. Or Stanley. I don't see AJF in him because AJF is a flyer, but he's not a battler. I'm hoping our #40 pick makes real strides this year, towards being a callup. Him and Zhilkin are making a case for a top 6 role on the Moose, I think.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg

Would be interesting, but theres only 6 games scheduled. Hellebuyck usually plays like half so theres 2-3 games gone there and then Kahkonen and Comrie will both be given at least a game or two each to see who takes the backup spot. Hopefully Helle only plays one or two (I think he had a lighter share last season) and we see Millic and the others get at least a couple more periods, but who knows how they run it.

Arniel seems like he probably has less backbone than Bowness when it comes to caving to the vets and in Hellebuycks case he probably asks for and plays more overall than previous seasons.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Would be interesting, but theres only 6 games scheduled. Hellebuyck usually plays like half so theres 2-3 games gone there and then Kahkonen and Comrie will both be given at least a game or two each to see who takes the backup spot. Hopefully Helle only plays one or two (I think he had a lighter share last season) and we see Millic and the others get at least a couple more periods, but who knows how they run it.

Arniel seems like he probably has less backbone than Bowness when it comes to caving to the vets and in Hellebuycks case he probably asks for and plays more overall than previous seasons.

What makes you think that about Arniel?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If the last part was true the kids would get more games not less. Training camp is just a necessary evil for established vets. They won’t be pounding on Arniel’s door to play more preseason games. Maybe to play less preseason games but certainly not more.

Reactions: GNP and Buffdog

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
What makes you think that about Arniel?

Just their interviews and vibes.

Rick came in and had a goal to shake up the room. He told the media and everyone who asked flat out he was in charge, and he wasn't afraid to hold back (until he had to walk back his comments after the playoff game).

Arniel hasn't been the official head coach yet so it's not entirely fair to judge him, but when he filled in or was ever asked about players or the room, he always gave status quo answers like he was a bit afraid to piss anyone off.

I'll give him some time to see how he does though.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

He should get one as a cookie. Majority will be between Comrie and Kak, tho.

Reactions: voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He should get one as a cookie. Majority will be between Comrie and Kak, tho.
I think it would be good for him to see where he is at in his development, after competing against some top prospect goalies last year...Milic is probably the starter for the Moose, Comrie is #3 as a callup, but I think the ceiling is higher for Milic at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad