Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic Tournament | Canucks go 3-0 at Young Stars

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Alriksson has to explode this year or else there's very little chance he will ever be worth a contract. Canucks retain his rights until Jun 1st 2027 but this is a critical year for him.

Minimum going to need to be putting up a point per game in the OHL to have a chance at being signed. 0.5PPG like last year just isn't going to cut it without being an extremely polished defensive player.

Reactions: Vector and arttk

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Minimum going to need to be putting up a point per game in the OHL to have a chance at being signed. 0.5PPG like last year just isn't going to cut it without being an extremely polished defensive player.
Ahhh, I don't know. If he gets a little snarl, his size might get to the 4th line. Everyone seems to think he has decent skating and shooting. Surprised he isn't putting up. more points ...

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
well, I'm going to credit the Canucks player development for putting together an intriguing bunch of kids. I try not to count on any NHLers coming out of these things but this has been an interesting group that has made for a fun prospect showcase.

Certainly a markable difference than the shitshows in the Benning years, which aside from the camp that had Pettersson was year after year of palpable hopelessness and dead men walking.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
well, I'm going to credit the Canucks player development for putting together an intriguing bunch of kids. I try not to count on any NHLers coming out of these things but this has been an intriguing bunch has made for a fun prospect showcase.

Certainly a markable difference than the shitshows in the Benning years, which aside from the camp that had Pettersson was year after year of palpable hopelessness and dead men walking.
f*** Benning and Weisbrod

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Ahhh, I don't know. If he gets a little snarl, his size might get to the 4th line. Everyone seems to think he has decent skating and shooting. Surprised he isn't putting up. more points ...
I thought alriksson was going to turn out like toropchenko who didn't put up much in juniors either.
After watching the tournament, I think his upside is higher. I expect much better numbers

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
This entire tournament has been very, very encouraging for our future, maybe it’s not the most important, but we usually get killed, or look like shit during these events, lots of players are standing out
Yeah I think at the very least it seems like we are doing a good job developing the kids. I think the kids didn’t have a chance with the previous “development” crew.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah I think at the very least it seems like we are doing a good job developing the kids. I think the kids didn’t have a chance with the previous “development” crew.
Could also mean our coaching philosophies are being integrated well

Reactions: arttk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad