Speculation: Young players in need of a change.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Hello,
Who would you say are the younger players in need of a trade/change of scenery for their development. ?
Last year we saw Jake Bean and Ethan Bear being moved for these reasons.
We know Jake Debrusk has requested a trade, any other players that would be happy if they were traded ?

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Sam Steel has had a very positive attitude about it all, but I still think he has a chance to find his offensive game elsewhere.

Agreed, what do you think that would take? I'm not overly familiar with Anaheim's current needs.

He was absolutely dynamite in jr.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Gurianov would probably be a regular 30-goal scorer on a non-Rick Bowness coached team. Dude has serious wheels and a lethal shot, but gets dogged because his IQ is lower, he isn’t as defensively sound, and he gets singled-out when he makes mistakes.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Sam Steel has had a very positive attitude about it all, but I still think he has a chance to find his offensive game elsewhere.

He's a guy I'd like the pens to look at in the off-season. Carter wants to keep playing but I don't see the team being able to bring him back for cap reasons. E-rod may price himself out of the pens and rust will probably be gone. Plenty of spaces to fill in the top 9. They need a young center in the system, even if he's a little undersized. Could slot in on the third line.

Reactions: SEALBound

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I thought Jost was doing better in a more defensive role. Has that stagnated?

Tyson Jost ain't it, he has been good in his bottom 6 role. Earlier in his career he had plenty of occassion to have succes in a top 6 role but he's not good enough for that. Great bottom 6 player tho

Reactions: DarthProbert

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I'd agree with Yamamoto as I want him to succeed, but I feel he won't unfortunately due to his size.

It's not even that small players can't succeed, but he doesn't use his frame or speed to an advantage nearly enough to be effective in the top 6. Nor would he fit well into a bottom 6 role IMO.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Erik Brannstrom
Pierre Olivier Joseph
Adam Mascherin
Filip Zadina
Ryan Poehling
Morgan Frost
Lucas Johansen
Jesper Boqvist
Barrett Hayton
Ryan Merkley

Strike Brannstrom from the list.

One day people will realize that Ottawa almost always goes slow & steady with their prospects... Brannstrom spent less time in Belleville than literally every young player in our organization besides Stutzle & Tkachuk, and a good amount of that time was spent due to injury & contract status.

Brannstrom has been playing top pairing, and DJ said the only reason that might not continue is because they want to break up their puck-moving ability. Brannstrom has been very good and DJ has done nothing but sing his praises. Since he's been back from injury and we've resumed a regular schedule, he's been playing between 20-23.5mins and looking good doing it. He is in the lineup to stay.

He might be traded at some point, but not in a change of scenery deal. Would be in a package for an established top 4 D or top 6 RW.

Reactions: Seiza and Altimus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad