You’re the coach of a team that’s up 3-0 in the SCF…

Do you?

• Total voters

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
…do you take the risk and play some of your healthy scratches in Game 4 so that they could potentially get their names on the Cup?
If said player played 41 regular season games, they do not need to play a game in the finals. No coach futzes with a winning lineup.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
The players who don’t meet the requirements if they were liked enough will get petitioned to be on the cup anyway plus they will still get to lift it up and get a ring anyway.

There’s a saying from Brian Scalabrini when he didn’t play a single minute for his championship winning team.

“Maybe now you could say I didn’t play a second, but in five years, you guys are going to forget. In ten years I’ll still be a champion. In 20 years I’ll tell my kids I probably started, and in 30 years I’ll probably tell them I got the MVP. So I’m probably not too worried about it.”
I once scored 5 touchdowns in a single game.

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Not a chance are we starting Jack Campbell!!
Because Skinner has been so stellar rocking his sub .900 SV%. He has had several great games this playoff, but in general, when we look at his body of work, it's another year he is sub par in the playoffs.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Because Skinner has been so stellar rocking his sub .900 SV%. He has had several great games this playoff, but in general, when we look at his body of work, it's another year he is sub par in the playoffs.
You’re not wrong but my opinion is Stu will bounce back in his career.

… and we’re still not starting Jack Campbell.

Reactions: Czechboy

acor

Jan 13, 2012
It might not be most stupid thing hockey coach ever done... But it would be pretty close.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
The healthy scratches sabotaged them because they weren't gonna get their names on the cup

"Matthew Tkachuk sure loves his grapefruit, let's see how he likes grapefruit dipped in cyanide"
"Nice Finnish pastry Sasha, oh would you look at all that car battery acid, WOOPS"
"What a great gameplan Paul! Sure would be a shame if somebody replaced it with my kids Caillou coloring books"

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Should Florida do this? f*** no. Foot on throats and close us out.
Should Edmonton play Gags... absolutely!

Reactions: UpHere

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
As a coach I say to myself: "There is a reason why we made it to the SCF; no reason for me to challenge that initial reasoning"

;)

Simply put; Healthy scratches were healthy scratches for a reason. This isn't a charity ball; this is a freakin STANLEY CUP ffs

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
…do you take the risk and play some of your healthy scratches in Game 4 so that they could potentially get their names on the Cup?
Thank my lucky stars that Greg campbell is an employee of my team and his dad is still throwing his weight around inside the NHLOA.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Didn't Cooper do something similar in 2020 with Volkov?

I checked stats and both Cousins and Lomberg played over 41 games. The odd man out is likely Mahura, who only played 11 regular season games.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
If my team is up 3-0 I go home early, surely nothing could go wrong at that point

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00