Proposal: Korpisalo for Laferriere

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
To Kings: Korpisalo (25 percent salary - Bruins retain)

To Bos: Laferriere, Rittich

Riddick is our starter though! :laugh:

2.25M for Korpisalo for 4 years. That's not terrible. Korpisalo is decent. Don't think he's a big enough improvement on Rittich to pass up seeing if Laferriere can learn to beat an NHL goalie.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
What happened?

His stats looked solid for the half the season he played for the Kings.
We picked him up at the trade deadline and he was ok in the regular season but not very good in the playoffs. I would not want him back for free let alone giving up a good young player for him. No thanks.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Nah, Laferierre has the most value out of anyone on here for the Kings.

He's our only right shot forward signed to a contract this season and he hits everyone in sight. Something that's rare for us.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Why would the Kings want a player back that they rejected 1 year ago and didn't even make an offer to? And that was before his awful season last year.

In the 2023 playoffs, Korpisalo was 3.77 GAA, .892 SV%, that's why they didn't want him back.

Reactions: go4hockey

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Why would the Kings want a player back that they rejected 1 year ago and didn't even make an offer to? And that was before his awful season last year.

In the 2023 playoffs, Korpisalo was 3.77 GAA, .892 SV%, that's why they didn't want him back.
Since Quick in his prime no goalie has done well in L.A. Sometimes it's not the goalie, but the team playing in front of him. Watch Lehner's numbers plummet now that he's in Ottawa.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Since Quick in his prime no goalie has done well in L.A. Sometimes it's not the goalie, but the team playing in front of him. Watch Lehner's numbers plummet now that he's in Ottawa.
I'm not confident Lehner even plays anymore, so I'll give you that his numbers would suck.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Since Quick in his prime no goalie has done well in L.A. Sometimes it's not the goalie, but the team playing in front of him. Watch Ullmark's numbers plummet now that he's in Ottawa.
Ullmark had a .917 Save % in his time with an awful non-playoff Buffalo team. And about .919 with Boston. Not much of a difference.

Most goalies have struggled in Ottawa since Craig Anderson left. But there were 2 exceptions: Anders Nilsson was good before injury ended his career. And Forsberg was great his 1st 2 years in Ottawa, and bad last year, partly due to injury recovery.

Reactions: swiftwin

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Riddick is our starter though! :laugh:
IMG_0400.jpeg

The Kings don't have a problem playing defense. They made the playoffs last year with Cam Talbot, Dave Rittich and Phoenix Copley as their goaltenders.

But to your point, I think the playoff stats are misleading because the Kings did play bad in the playoffs with Korpisalo but he also did let in some bad goals. The bottom line is the Kings now have Kuemper so I don't think they are inclined to take on another question mark with additional salary. I also think most Kings fans would be pissed if more futures are traded by our horrible management. Laferriere couldn't put the puck in the net to save his life last year but he's got potential and that's far worth more than trading him for another unproven goalie.

Reactions: Craig Ludwig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad