GDT: Yotes at the Leafs 7:30, TSN4.. Everyone is dropping like Flies

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Tis a Game night, y'all!

and as is tradition this season after this game, there's not another one until Friday.

The only thing of note -
Bernier Reimer will get the start
Frose will more than likely play

all our walking wounded are still walking wounded.
- add Nick Spaling to the list

Last edited by a moderator:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Phoenix is playing the kids and finding success in the win column as a result.

Youngsters Domi and Duclair lead the Yotes is scoring. They're calling the dynamic duo the "Killer D's" in the desert.

Domi will be highly motivated for this one and his Dad Tie likely in attendance.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach

Youngsters Domi and Duclair lead the Yotes is scoring. They're calling the dynamic duo the "Killer D's" in the desert.

Domi will be highly motivated for this one and his Dad Tie likely in attendance.

All "the good Ontario boys" who play for other teams love to put on a clinic for family and friends when in Toronto.

But yeah I expect Max to play well tonight.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Looking forward to seeing Domi and Duclair and checking out what all the hype is about. Leafs are likely to have the puck for the entire night and yet somehow still get lit up.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
All "the good Ontario boys" who play for other teams love to put on a clinic for family and friends when in Toronto.

But yeah I expect Max to play well tonight.

Max has an extra level of connection to Toronto as he grew up around players like Sundin and often was around the rink & Leafs dressing room as a young boy when his dad Tie played for the Leafs.

3596147.jpg

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I expect a Leafs win tonight.

Leafs are near the top in shot differential and Coyotes are near the bottom.

Home ice lets Babcock make the line-up switches.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I expect a Leafs win tonight.

Leafs are near the top in shot differential and Coyotes are near the bottom.

Home ice lets Babcock make the line-up switches.

I'm expecting a Leaf win tonight also, particularly if that same effort they had against Montreal shows up again.

Domi and Duclair however are doing their best to screw up Arizona's chances of landing home grown talent Auston Matthews.

This game could be labeled the "Matthews Bowl" with the loser in the drivers seat for the better odds to land him. Leafs would be doing the Yotes a favour with a win.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Its great to be second in shots/game.

The balancing factor is having goalies who are 32nd and 40th in the league. They need to dig in, and help their team out.

People like to make excuses for them...I feel its on them.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Reimer starts
What if he's great just think

Both these goaltenders are wildly inconsistent. It's been like that for awhile. Just when you think one of them is getting hot, or at least warm, they crap the bed.

So even if Reimer wins tonight and earns perhaps the start Friday, I can safely say he'll look average to crap Friday.

Last edited:

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I actually like the 'yotes.

They have the same Florida feel to them.
Ability to do a rebuild and not worry about anything. (Who is playing well, sent down, moved around, scratched, etc)

Think they will have a fun year, with guys like Domi, Duclair etc.

I would say, they are 1 year ahead of us in the build/development. If they manage to bottom out this year and get a top5. They are very close to being apart of the new wave.

High end talent:
Center = Matthews(?) - Strome
Wingers = Duclair - Domi - Pujarrvi(?)
Dmen = OEL - Chychrun(?)

High end talent:
Center = Matthews(?)
Wingers = Marner - Nylander
Dment = Rielly - Chychrun (?)

**I put high end wingers for Marner + Nylander as I see them being on the average side as Centers (I.e not a horse potential like Matthews, Strome with a higher 1C potential[imo])

Last edited:

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I actually like the 'yotes.

They have the same Florida feel to them.
Ability to do a rebuild and not worry about anything. (Who is playing well, sent down, moved around, scratched, etc)

Think they will have a fun year, with guys like Domi, Duclair etc.

I would say, they are 1 year ahead of us in the build/development. If they manage to bottom out this year and get a top5. They are very close to being apart of the new wave.

High end talent:
Center = Matthews(?) - Strome
Wingers = Duclair - Domi - Pujarrvi(?)
Dmen = OEL - Chychrun(?)

High end talent:
Center = Matthews(?)
Wingers = Marner - Nylander
Dment = Rielly - Chychrun (?)

**I put high end wingers for Marner + Nylander as I see them being on the average side as Centers (I.e not a horse potential like Matthews, Strome with a higher 1C potential[imo])
I'd throw Dvorak in there too. He's looking like quite the 2nd round steal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad