Value of: Yegor Chinakhov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Using his agent to advocate for ice time pretty much says he has an issue with the team. He can deny it if he wants, but that’s an issue. Ice time is earned in this League, if you dont accept your coaches decision on ice time, you are not accepting the team.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Using his agent to advocate for ice time pretty much says he has an issue with the team. He can deny it if he wants, but that’s an issue. Ice time is earned in this League, if you dont accept your coaches decision on ice time, you are not accepting the team.

It seems to me that half the players in the league are upset with their ice time at any given point. I can't remember who said it but an old GM said in an interview that a big part of the job is managing the egos around ice time. Supposedly there are trade requests over ice time all the time that we never hear about.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
It’d be a terrible mistake for Columbus to trade him, he’s been playing better and better recently, scored a goal tonight and should’ve scored another one on a tic tac toe
Please tell me then which forward(s) should they move instead and post your projected F lineup for 2024/25.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I'd be very happy to target him as an AZ fan. If we can make a deal like we did for Durzi I think he'd be awesome here. We don't have a ton of room on the wings but I'm sure he'd be able to get PP time and probably play up and down the lineup and/or force Crouse down the lineup. He'd be lethal with MM. We should be all over this if we can get him for a bargain.
He'd light it up with Maccelli but then again, who wouldn't? As a Columbus fan I don't want to trade him. Much rather trade Laine before than Yegor.

Reactions: ViD

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
If he keeps scoring his value will go up, but if he keeps scoring he may decide he is happy in Columbus.

Well his issue may be why are gaudreau and Laine still getting so much icetime if they are old and scoring less than they used to. Which I kinda agree with.

Reactions: Fro

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Please tell me then which forward(s) should they move instead and post your projected F lineup for 2024/25.
I would easily move Texier, Laine, Kuraly, Olivier before even thinking of trading Chinakhov who’s got a rare combination of elite speed and shot and who just needs his hockey IQ and defensive game polished

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
He'd light it up with Maccelli but then again, who wouldn't? As a Columbus fan I don't want to trade him. Much rather trade Laine before than Yegor.
Bjugstad and Crouse, for one thing. Although Crouse has been doing pretty good as of late.

Reactions: Napoli

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Well his issue may be why are gaudreau and Laine still getting so much icetime if they are old and scoring less than they used to. Which I kinda agree with.
They are getting more ice time because they have shown more in recent years than Chinakhov has.

If Chinakhov wants to play higher in the lineup, he will need to outproduce them over the course of a year or two. It isn't going to he handed to him or happen overnight.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Russian players seem to follow into two broad categories.

There's those guys who fit into the NHL seamlessly, and have no problems with adjusting to faster play on a smaller rink. And go on to productive NHL careers.

Then there are those players that are blindsided by the culture shock, the language barrier, and the two-way offensive-defensive play demanded in the NHL. Their playing time is cut back; they lose their confidence and pine for either a trade or a return to the KHL.

You wonder that if Chinakhov can't cut it on a team as desperate for scoring as the Jackets, how would he fare in another NHL market? He's probably closer to returning to the KHL than finding himself with another NHL team.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Russian players seem to follow into two broad categories.

There's those guys who fit into the NHL seamlessly, and have no problems with adjusting to faster play on a smaller rink. And go on to productive NHL careers.

Then there are those players that are blindsided by the culture shock, the language barrier, and the two-way offensive-defensive play demanded in the NHL. Their playing time is cut back; they lose their confidence and pine for either a trade or a return to the KHL.

You wonder that if Chinakhov can't cut it on a team as desperate for scoring as the Jackets, how would he fare in another NHL market? He's probably closer to returning to the KHL than finding himself with another NHL team.

Can't cut it? He's just scored in back to back games. He came over young too, he wasn't a well established KHLer and came over as a prospect.

The Jackets are desperate for scoring because they don't have a functional top line or powerplay. Their depth scoring is exceptional. There are like 15+ NHL caliber forwards. The problem for Chinakhov is that he is one of many early-20s prospects coming up at the same time, and when you lose time to injury it's very easy to lose your spot. There are going to be some good NHLers on the Jackets that lose their spot and later find success elsewhere.

Reactions: Marioesque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad