Yanni Gourde Suspension Hearing (Suspended 2 games)

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Stupid hit that also cost his team a chance to rally. The major was probably enough though.
I'm an Oilers fan & I agree.

He might get a game just because he was mad & it will be seen as a "revenge" hit when it was actually his own teammate that speared him in the face.

Reactions: RegDunlop

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Ekholm’s a tough guy, haha. Gourde is way smaller than him. Landy beat the piss out of his countryman.
Not that Ekholm is a good fighter, but the fight you're talking about he dropped his gloves and jumped Ekholm who was in a scrum and still had both his gloves on the entire time. Didn't really give him much of a chance to defend himself and was pretty cowardly.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not that Ekholm is a good fighter, but the fight you're talking about he dropped his gloves and jumped Ekholm who was in a scrum and still had both his gloves on the entire time. Didn't really give him much of a chance to defend himself and was pretty cowardly.

Haven’t see the fight. But that sounds exactly like Landeskog. Very dirty and dishonourable player. Fits his M.O.

Reactions: oilers4life5

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I don't like Gourde but the major seems good enough to me. Hit didn't look much worse than some of other hits we've seen that got nothing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Ekholm never took his gloves off. It wasn't a fight.

Wow. That whole sequence sums up that dirty POS Landeskog quite nicely.

He pretends to trip to run the Goalie in a game where the Avs need to get in the goalies head. I watched it in slow motion, he wasn’t tripped at all, he barrelled into the goalie and even did a slight hop to correct his trajectory.

Ekholm who’s always been an honorable player and one that will stick up for his teammates goes after him. Landeskog turtles like a bitch and looks scared doing it. Then he finds an opportune time out of the scrum to start wailing on him without giving Ekholm a chance to get off his gloves for a fair fight.

Seriously f*** Landeskog, and this is the play Avs fans are taking a victory lap over?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He pretends to trip to run the Goalie in a game where the Avs need to get in the goalies head. I watched it in slow motion, he wasn’t tripped at all, he barrelled into the goalie and even did a slight hop to correct his trajectory.

Ekholm who’s always been an honorable player and one that will stick up for his teammates goes after him. Landeskog turtles like a bitch and looks scared doing it. Then he finds an opportune time out of the scrum to start wailing on him without giving Ekholm a chance to get off his gloves for a fair fight.

Seriously f*** Landeskog, and this is the play Avs fans are taking a victory lap over?

I thought it was more him trying to use his helmet on the goalie deliberately that had everyone, including the tender worked up. It goes down hill from there.

Reactions: iCanada

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yep if the refs would have caught the first act and McDavid penalized like he should of been the retaliation wouldn’t of happened
What first act? McDavid gave him a light cross check and he went down because his own player high sticked him at the exact same time cutting him below his eye.

Gotta say I wasn't expecting that because they usually punish the result not the act/intention.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
What first act? McDavid gave him a light cross check and he went down because his own player high sticked him at the exact same time cutting him above his eye.

Gotta say I wasn't expecting that because they usually punish the result not the act/intention.
He's likely not that bright. Still has no idea what hit him.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I only really expected a fine considering he received a 5 on the play, they scored on the 5, and Ekholm seemed okay. Pleasantly surprised.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

how can you watch this and call Ekholm an "honorable player" lmao
he deserved to get the shit kicked out of him, good on Landy for sticking up for his teammate

Gourde looked like he wanted to hurt him here but missed? it looks like he barely clipped him but the angle is terrible

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
239345d9-a4c5-48cf-98ff-ae0f4a06b634_text.gif

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
how can you watch this and call Ekholm an "honorable player" lmao
he deserved to get the shit kicked out of him, good on Landy for sticking up for his teammate

Gourde looked like he wanted to hurt him here but missed? it looks like he barely clipped him but the angle is terrible
How was Landeskog standing up for his teammate? Ekholm originally grabbed at Landeskog for running the goalie and Rantanen and Burakovsky both pulled Ekholm off. So Landeskog was protecting his two teammates that were double-teaming Ekholm as a result of Landeskog's accidentally-on-purpose fall into the goalie? They'll sing songs of his valour.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Stupid play by Gourde at the end of a massive divisional game.

12 straight

Reactions: OILLIO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad