Yanni Gourde Suspension Hearing (Suspended 2 games)

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Mess with the Chihuahua and he bites the ankles of somebody on your team, takes a stupid penalty in the process, and kills any chance of a comeback in a key divisional match-up.

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, etc. Yanni’s not the biggest player in the league but he’s got more heart and guts than just about anyone. Wish we still had him in Tampa.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
lol bummy gourde was gotten to about getting just tossed. lol

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Should be 2-3 games. Just all around dumb play by Gourde. Goes down easy, falls into his teammates stick, gets outraged, chases Mcdavid around the ice, and then jumps in and catches head with his hit. Also this lost them any chance of a comeback, as Edmonton scored on the PP to make it 4-2.

Also let's save everyone the waste of 8 seconds and stop talking about Landeskog.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Suspended for that ?

Air Kronwall wouldn't be allowed to play.

Also, just a bunch of diving/embellishment going on here. League needs to crack down, but they won't.

Probably just punish the sens again for something

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Dumb play but I’d give him 1 game. Not like it’s a regular thing for him he just snapped.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Don't think this was that big a deal, somewhere between the major penalty being punishment enough and 1 game.

It is pretty funny that Gourde was mostly seeing red because he got high-sticked by his teammate though.

Reactions: nturn06

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Same old same old. Not the most egregious hit in the world, but the entire sequence underscores what we’ve always known.

Yanni Gourde is a piece of shit. Always has been and I suspect he always will be.

He’s also been a diver his entire career.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Same old same old. Not the most egregious hit in the world, but the entire sequence underscores what we’ve always known.

Yanni Gourde is a piece of shit. Always has been and I suspect he always will be.

He’s also been a diver his entire career.

Confirms to me that he dove on the McDavid nudge.

Yeh a stick got him too (looked like in the helmet), but both things can be true.

Reactions: Number8

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Stupid hit that also cost his team a chance to rally. The major was probably enough though.
The league has pretty much eliminated these types of predatory hits though. The fact that he's targeting the head and leaving his feet leads me to believe it should be on his record at the very least.

Not mad about it though. He's a dumb dumb.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Gourde gets high sticked by Tolvanen.

And I'd like to see how you react to having a 200 lb man skate 15 ft as hard as they can and jump 12" off the ground into your jaw. I bet you'd barely move, let alone so a pirouette eh?
He usually doesn’t do that stuff

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, etc. Yanni’s not the biggest player in the league but he’s got more heart and guts than just about anyone. Wish we still had him in Tampa.

Yeah, most of the time Gourde is very driven to win pucks and battle and there will be times when that crosses the line. Probably every team in the league would like a mid-line center like him.

This was certainly one of those times where the situation seemed to sweep him up in it, while sweeping away his brain though.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Kronwall did that every other game lol. Such a soft league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad