Rumor: Yandle not in the team's plans moving forward, but he's playing anyway..? :thinking_emoji:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah i know, just thought I'd add an additional perspective which had some slightly different wording.
I mean sure, but this isn't someone on our board wondering out loud if Yandle is ever going to play as a Panther again, or even a blog post dedicated to that topic. This site is using it as a fact. I could've done the same thing to the thread title, but my moral compass isn't guided by getting people to click on this thread and receiving money for it (before someone asks, no, we're definitively not getting paid for modding).

It's a 2nd hand source that's purposedly changed the wording for more clicks, thus driving more traffic to their site. All the while adding very little own insight, which is likely copypasta from somewhere else too, with a few words changed here and there to avoid plagiarism. Sites like this are a good way to reach the information, but it's always up to the reader to circle back on the original source to confirm whether what the 2nd hand source referenced was true or not.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I mean sure, but this isn't someone on our board wondering out loud if Yandle is ever going to play as a Panther again, or even a blog post dedicated to that topic. This site is using it as a fact. I could've done the same thing to the thread title, but my moral compass isn't guided by getting people to click on this thread and receiving money for it (before someone asks, no, we're definitively not getting paid for modding).

It's a 2nd hand source that's purposedly changed the wording for more clicks, thus driving more traffic to their site. All the while adding very little own insight, which is likely copypasta from somewhere else too, with a few words changed here and there to avoid plagiarism. Sites like this are a good way to reach the information, but it's always up to the reader to circle back on the original source to confirm whether what the 2nd hand source referenced was true or not.
That's a good read and reminder :thumbu:

Reactions: SoupyFIN

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL

Or people who don’t even click the link and only read the hyperlink and take it as fact.

Reactions: SoupyFIN

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I hope he's traded to Tampa, so he can win a cup. I'm sure they can fit him under the cap somehow.

Either way, these rumors are hardly good for the team so that's a bad look for Zito. Hopefully it's just the media making up a controversy that they know people will latch onto. At worst it's Zito and Q trying to make an example to put some fear of complacency in the rest of the players.

I hope he gets traded to Tampa so horny and gudas can pound the shit out of him all season long

Reactions: Yandover

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That's a good read and reminder :thumbu:
Obviously I've learned about this stuff with experience over the years of modding, but my personal life is also shining through, as information services is a part of my studies. Actually about to start the third and final specific course we have on information retrieval tomorrow. Our lecturer is a well known information researcher, he's written quite a few books as well (and co-written stuff like "Information needs of drug users on a local dark web marketplace"). So I've heard many lectures about the good, the bad, and the ugly of sources and methods of finding them, misinformation and disinformation, in & outs of Boolean operators, too many sources on topic X is better than the first result on Google, Wikipedia is a curse word, etc.

We've also done a bingo card on his funny sayings and habits lol.

Or people who don’t even click the link and only read the hyperlink and take it as fact.
Yup, or the title is the only thing that sticks to their mind despite reading the whole thing. People see what they want to see, basically.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
It Feels Like Everything I'm reading, people think Florida is absurd for moving him and have no idea why because he still puts decent Point totals. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm going crazy for thinking he's no good. :loony:

They don’t watch him play. He’s putting 50 pts per season, so he looks good on paper.

If we weren’t watching him play on a regular basis, we’d probably be skeptical too.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
They don’t watch him play. He’s putting 50 pts per season, so he looks good on paper.

If we weren’t watching him play on a regular basis, we’d probably be skeptical too.

We gotta get off the 2nd pylon as well.
Everybody is looking at Matheson... He still sucks. Yandle wont get better either

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Reiterating what others have said here, he is atrocious defensively and an extremely soft defender. He will almost never take the forwards body, depends on poke checks that more often than not miss the mark, and won't move anyone from in front of the net (or anywhere else really). He is the worst defender of 2 on 1's, always going for the shooter instead covering the passing lane and letting the goalie focus on the shooter, and relies too much on the homerun pass that more gets intercepted or results in icing more times than it works.

His point production is vastly the result of his PP time and he does have good ability distributing the puck at the point. The team appears to be trying to change identify and the "soft" players like him seem to be on the way out.
Yandle was the second softest player on the panthers last year. Mathison was the softest. On the ice for 2 goals against tonight. Took a bad penalty at the end of the 1st period. Philly promptly scored. Typical Mathison. Good riddance!

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hey guys, Jet fan coming in peace.

Does this Yandle situation mean Ekblad will be getting PP1 time? He just got dropped in my fantasy league and I’m thinking of picking him up.

Thanks and enjoy the season!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Hey guys, Jet fan coming in peace.

Does this Yandle situation mean Ekblad will be getting PP1 time? He just got dropped in my fantasy league and I’m thinking of picking him up.

Thanks and enjoy the season!

I just had my draft on Monday night. Unfortunately, he got drafted two spots ahead of where I was going to pick him. So one day after the draft I offered a trade for him that was accepted. Horvat for Ek straight-up. I know I overpaid for him, but I think he's going to have a huge year with his PP time. Plus, I still had Horvat for his one goal last night.
:punk:

Reactions: snowkiddin

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Took as far to long, i think our new Defensman show what we wanna play in our own Zone. We talked about this early in the last Season before lock down and restart.
That his low Physical Game cost us the same Goals as he scored or was involved with.
Im happy with this decision, no matter if he goes by trade or will the new co reporter for the Radio station or NHL tonight.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If they can’t trade him, whether it’s him not willing to waive or whatever the case may be, we may just end up buying him out this coming offseason when he has two years left. I’m sure zito doesn’t like having dead cap, but if they really don’t plan on playing him a whole lot and would rather move on, CapFriendly says it would be:

that would save us 4.11 next season, 0.96 the following year, in exchange for paying 1.24 the next two years. But at that point luongo’s buyout is over and darling only has one year left. Stralman is also off the books by that point. It’s really not a bad option imo

Last edited:

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
As for his streak, are we making a bigger deal than what it actually is? I mean...of course it’s nice to be the Ironman of the league, but it’s not like people will remember you because of that in 5 or 10 years. There’s no trophy for that. It’s cool...but do people really care about it? Doubt it.

I’m also wondering if all this Yandle « drama » could have something to do with his attitude? We don’t know what’s happening in the locker room. He’s not bad to the point of being healthy scratch, is he? I think he could be just fine as our #5 or #6 with PP time.

Anyways, I trust Zitto in this. To me, it just proves how serious he is about changing the face and the culture of this team.
Craig Adams retired 5 years+ ago and we still post this legendary picture when making fun of a BAD player on the Pittsburgh board... so yeah :laugh:

adams-1040x572.jpg

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If they can’t trade him, whether it’s him not willing to waive or whatever the case may be, we may just end up buying him out this coming offseason when he has two years left. I’m sure zito doesn’t like having dead cap, but if they really don’t plan on playing him a whole lot and would rather move on, CapFriendly says it would be:

that would save us 4.11 next season, 0.96 the following year, in exchange for paying 1.24 the next two years. But at that point luongo’s buyout is over and darling only has one year left. Stralman is also off the books by that point. It’s really not a bad option imo
Given the cap structure with bonuses I’d rather just 50 percent: it saves more money for VV and ends the cap hit in 2023 when we might need the money for Huby or Laine.

jakethesnake23 said:
It’s funny how Brian Campbell was so highly regarded for being basically the same player Yandle is but Yandle is universally hated.
Campbell played fine defense, ate up minute helping the team and babied Ekblad in his first two seasons. Not comparable

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Given the cap structure with bonuses I’d rather just 50 percent: it saves more money for VV and ends the cap hit in 2023 when we might need the money for Huby or Laine.
I agree, but this is more if he just continues to refuse to waive his NMC at all and we’re stuck with him

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Campbell and Yandle are very different players.

They just look the same when you stare at a stat sheet. Campbell never hit a ton but he at least threw hits and actually wasn't afraid of putting his body on the line for his team.

The key factor though, is Campbell always put the team first. Something I can't say I've ever seen from Keith Yandle in his time here.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Campbell and Yandle are very different players.

They just look the same when you stare at a stat sheet. Campbell never hit a ton but he at least threw hits and actually wasn't afraid of putting his body on the line for his team.

The key factor though, is Campbell always put the team first. Something I can't say I've ever seen from Keith Yandle in his time here.

Agreed. Campbell was a soft player too the difference between campbell and yandle was that campbell was a cerebral player. He knew where to be on the ice and who to cover to ensure there would not be breakaways or a guy alone in front of the net.

Even the most simple positioning in the defensive zone eludes Yandle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad