Yakupov video tribute in return to EDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
They clearly should've booed him and chased him out of town with torches and pitchforks.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
What were we supposed to do ? Boo him ? Bust aside he seemed like a great guy who came into a horrible situation team/coaching wise. Yea he deserves blame for busting. But I'm confusing by this attitude of "why are they being nice ?"

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm surprised that they had a tribute video for him. My video tribute for him would be his goal and slide across centre ice on repeat for 3 minutes.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
The guy was a #1 overall pick.... he ended out being a piss poor selfish 30 point 3-4th liner who was -30 every year, and ultimately got traded for a 2nd rounder and some no name prospect.

Hey lets THANK him for all hes done!! Its not like he set you back in your decade long playoff drought.... I mean why the video tribute in the first place?

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
297.png

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why is this an issue? Yakupov worked his ass off in Edmonton and by all accounts was great in their community. Oh the horror.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
and the crowd cheered???? WHAT? :laugh:

The Oilers biggest bust and most wasted pick of all-time..... Hey lets give him a hand! :handclap:

i thought it was a very classy thing to do. he must have felt like crap seeing as how he couldn't produce as much as he should have for a #1 overall. but he scored a pretty good junk goal for the Blues last night and absolutely blew by the Oilers defense with blazing speed and beat Talbot only to hit the goal post for a goal that would have tied the game. i'm wondering where that speed was when he was with the Oilers?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Whatever.

Maybe this will backfire on the OP, and we'll see a thread where people stick up for our team instead of **** on us.

Despite things not working out in EDM, we don't wish ill on Yakupov, he's a good kid. Chia even talked about wanting to give him a fresh start and wishing him the best. "We decided Nail deserved a fresh start... We told him he's a good kid but it just didn't work out here." - Chia.

I think that shows class from our organization. And why cheer for him? Because we are good hockey fans. Probably the best fans in the NHL, or right at the top.

We also gave him an applause when he scored against us, and this was an important game for us to test ourselves against the Blues.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Can't tell if HFBoards sucks, or people just like to complain.

Everytime the Oilers come up HFboards people trample each other to make rediculous statements. Even when the team was in the midst of embarrassment this site seemed to still be over the top.

TedLundy

Dec 2, 2014
Kind of weird. Sure, he worked hard in Edmonton, but really.. A tribute video? Will every ex Oiler get their own tribute video?

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
He was loved in the city by many and was a model professional in the community. I understand that HFBoards loves to **** on the Oilers but this is a bit much.

Such an odd thing to be upset about.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I find it a little odd too. Mainly because he was only with the Oilers 4 years and wasn't exactly a superstar. But if Oilers fans and management feel that way who am I to argue. They may find themselves doing a lot of tribute videos from here on out though.

I assume one is also planned for Taylor Hall?

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Anyone being negative about this needs to give their head a shake.

The guy bled for the Oil and was very, very easy to cheer for if you paid attention to the team. This was a move for the fans and Nail. There's nothing wrong with saying thank you to someone who played as many games as they did in Edmonton.

Of course the fans cheered. An incredible amount of us wanted to keep him and give him first line minutes on the off chance that he put it all together for us. Against all odds.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
The heat Yakupov got in Edmonton was unwarranted. He put up 17 goals and 31 points in 48 games as a rookie (30 goal, 53 point pace) and then proceeded to be buried after that. Considering the absolute ****show of an organization the Oilers are, I cannot believe what Nail gets blamed for.

If he consistently is used in the top 6 in St. Louis he'll turn things around. He likely won't live up to the 1st overall pick, but his speed and shot are wicked and he is more than capable of putting up offensive numbers moving forward. He JUST turned 23. Not like this guy is 30+..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad