Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I feel the same. Hall is such a coin toss. He’s either going to continue to be Buffalo Hall & Sweeney gets roasted for it. Or he comes in guns blazing under the wings of Bergeron & Marchand and carries the 2nd line and wins the Conn Smythe. There is no in between

I think it's worth trying. Marchand is at the peak of his game, and Bergeron is still a game changer. Krejci is still the same player, mostly. Pasta is great.

This feels like the last chance. Bergeron seems to get injured every year and that worries me. WTF just go big. No Kase deals, nothing like that. Try to catch some serious lightning in a bottle.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If SJ was willing to take DeBrusk and a 2nd for Meier I’d do it. Meier is a better player and plays more “Bruins style hockey”, for whatever that’s worth.

Meier would be a great add. He's listed as LW/RW shoots left. I guess that makes him versatile and from few clips I've seen he plays with a pulse. If he's available and if we have the assets I would work a deal for him for JDB and a 2nd (too little?) and then turn to Columbus for Savard. Over the summer work on getting Garland. I wouldn't mind a deal for both Savard and Nick Foligno, I think they'd both be big adds here although NF is older and like Savard, a rental. So, I wouldn't want to give more than a 2nd and focus on a hockey trade of roster and prospects (depending on their needs).
Ideally though, in this scenario Meier and Savard if we have the assets for both of them would be significant adds.

Reactions: bbfan419

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I was reading publications on him this morning and he’s pretty highly thought of

I sit second row in periods 1&3 on post so I can check out decision-making, quickness, balls of all the D and he looks good to me. I’ve coached defenseman so I think I have understanding of position

I’m clueless on him now

Vaakanainen was awesome in WJC

I’m still banking on him but admit why isn’t he here ?
Could it be that DS would rather trade a couple other D before Vaak so he's hiding him hoping that he can make a deal without losing him?
Edit: Nevermind, someone said that he's on the mend.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It truly is. One year I’m going to compile a list of “player x sucks” pre TDL posts that magically change to “we could of, and should have matched or player x” on day after TDL. It’s always good for a chuckle.:laugh:

i am generally wrong 83% of the time, so please don't do that.:laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dan since you have coached D I'd be interested in your take on Carlo. In my opinion he is a fine D man but I just wish he had some real snarl. If he had just a little McQuaid Personality he would be untouchable.
I just traded him to Arizona for Garland 5 minutes ago

I like his size and skating and he’s jumped into
Play much more and his shot can be good

he’s a nice player but I want more

He’s consciously played more physical

a guy like Ekholm who’s an Olympic quality talent would be great partner

I believe he’s got better this season

He could be a little more active without being reckless

By nature he’s a sweetheart on the ice a bit more assertive

Reactions: bbfan419 and ylekot

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think it's worth trying. Marchand is at the peak of his gane, and Bergeron is still a game changer. Krejci is still the same player, mostly. Pasta is great.

This feels like the last chance. Bergeron seems to get injured every year and that worries me. WTF just go big. No Kase deals, nothing like that. Try to catch some serious lightning in a bottle.
Maybe. Assuming Sweeney doesn’t win a Cup in next 2 years, Bergeron Krejci Rask retire. Will Jacobs keep Sweeney at the helm to take the team into a new direction? Not sure. Hall represents a huge risk, but if he plays like he has in the past he could produce big. Sweeney would be gambling on himself. Studnicka Beecher Frederic are good prospects but are either of them top line centers of the future? Maybe. Hall (50% retained, with a 4 year extension at 6.5m) for Vaakaneinen Beecher 2nd

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Could it be that DS would rather trade a couple other D before Vaak so he's hiding him hoping that he can make a deal without losing him?
No idea but Vaak not available for expansion

My problem May be I want him to be so good I’m not objective enough

he has good size and skates really well / moves puck

Without any moves he would seem to be a left handed match next to Carlo who moves the puck

but I have no idea on him anymore

if Nashville was out and they asked me i would say if you can get Vaakanainen and a first do it

but maybe he’s not looked like that to scouts

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Another big dreamer. I like it!

upload_2021-4-9_15-50-41.gif

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Latest buzz around our scout being in LA is probably centred around Iafollo. I’m thinking DS ( which are also the initials for Nintendo hand held game ) is probably trying to acquire him for Bjork plus something else and secondary to that trying to acquire Kempe for DeBrusk who are both former first round picks. I don’t see DS overpaying for Connor Garland. Personally if it’s LA I hope it’s Kempe and not Iafollo who maybe has tweaked Don’s intrigue with the name Iafollo sounding like Toffoli?

LOL
I can see it now. Cam is waiting at a rest stop in LA. with a burner phone. A late model Ford station wagon (with wood trim?? Roger,that) is full of gas and specially fitted out with extra fuel tanks that can siphon in fuel en route. Military food rations and a mattress in the back. There are several empty plastic gallon milk containers as well as boxes of Red Bull and 5 hour energy drink.

“Cam, I need a bathroom.”

“Plastic containers in back are there for a reason”

“Er, not that kind.”

Cam hits rear power window on back tailgate, looks in rear view and snarls. Cam puts pedal down and pulls into fast lane.

Reactions: Stannis the Mannis

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I can see it now. Cam is waiting at a rest stop in LA. with a burner phone. A late model Ford station wagon (with wood trim?? Roger,that) is full of gas and specially fitted out with extra fuel tanks that can siphon in fuel en route. Military food rations and a mattress in the back. There are several empty plastic gallon milk containers as well as boxes of Red Bull and 5 hour energy drink.

“Cam, I need a bathroom.”

“Plastic containers in back are there for a reason”

“Er, not that kind.”

Cam hits rear power window on back tailgate, looks in rear view and snarls. Cam puts pedal down and pulls into fast lane.
They are both wearing knock off Ray-bans they bought at corner of Hollywood & Vine

Donny driving, Cam trying to get them to airport using a map he bought from the guywho does the Famous Celebrity Grave Tour

tunes blasting and Cam playing drums on dashboard using a pair of pencils

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Maybe. Assuming Sweeney doesn’t win a Cup in next 2 years, Bergeron Krejci Rask retire. Will Jacobs keep Sweeney at the helm to take the team into a new direction? Not sure. Hall represents a huge risk, but if he plays like he has in the past he could produce big. Sweeney would be gambling on himself. Studnicka Beecher Frederic are good prospects but are either of them top line centers of the future? Maybe. Hall (50% retained, with a 4 year extension at 6.5m) for Vaakaneinen Beecher 2nd

I have very little hope for a post-Bergeron and Krejci world. I should try to have more faith in the future. None of our prospects seem like top-line players.

But then, neither did Bergeron or Marchand. And many thought Krejci was below Karsums and Kalus.

Agreed, Hall is a giant risk, But I will be sad if Monday comes and the Bruins don't make an impact. I swear if we trade Moore for a 4th and Bjork for Foligno I'll be annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad