Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I’m not interested in Hall, but, at the same time, I’d be happy if he came here. I realize that’s contradictory but hey, maybe he could provide some playoff scoring so we don’t have to rely on the first line as the only threat.

Yes, I know his stats are bad. What I don’t quite buy is the idea that he only went to Buffalo to get money. Maybe he thought he and Eichel could help turn the team around. I don’t know, obviously, but there are many moving pieces that inform any decision a player makes so saying that he only (or at least mainly) cares about money doesn’t seem right.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
There's something poetic about a lineup with Hall, Barzal, and Palmieri being the one that beats the Bruins and costs Don his job.

The same type of poetry that saw Peter Chiarelli's last game ended by a failed Loui Eriksson shootout attempt.

I am a fan of the arts

Poetry you say...like Edgar Allan Poe ...old time Poetry..

Reactions: BrainOfJ

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There's something poetic about a lineup with Hall, Barzal, and Palmieri being the one that beats the Bruins and costs Don his job.

The same type of poetry that saw Peter Chiarelli's last game ended by a failed Loui Eriksson shootout attempt.

I am a fan of the arts
There'd also be something beautiful in seeing Vladar stoning all three in the playoffs a la Igninla on the Penguins after he nixed his deal to Boston.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I am a fan of the arts

200w.gif

Reactions: DKH and BrainOfJ

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The Bruins fan shuffle is one of God's greatest gifts to entertain us all, like if we trade a 1st for a rental after Palmieri...then it will be ok hahah.

Come on now - every fanbase is like that. All those goofs over on the main section claiming " I would never want Marchand playing for my team " would be the same ones putting up a statue of Marchand the day after he got traded to their team. :nod:

Reactions: Gordoff and mt77850

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I am a fan of the arts

This is some real high brow shit.

I like it.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’m not interested in Hall, but, at the same time, I’d be happy if he came here. I realize that’s contradictory but hey, maybe he could provide some playoff scoring so we don’t have to rely on the first line as the only threat.

Yes, I know his stats are bad. What I don’t quite buy is the idea that he only went to Buffalo to get money. Maybe he thought he and Eichel could help turn the team around. I don’t know, obviously, but there are many moving pieces that inform any decision a player makes so saying that he only (or at least mainly) cares about money doesn’t seem right.
I’m sort of in the same place. Mainly because I believe the Bruins organization is more sound than any of the other organizations he’s been in. So I think if anyone can turn this guy around it’s a good chance Bergeron/Marchand could do it. Not as line mates but just as teammates, stick his locker right next to 37, have him sleep on the futon in Bergy’s basement and see what happens.

I also would love to see a line of Hall-Krejci-Pasta.

There’s plenty guys I’d prefer over him, but if he was to come here I think Hall has a better chance than the places he’s been.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I am a fan of the arts
It's like a storybook ending... Except the exact opposite

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad