Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
people dont pay money to watch Xhekaj, Grieg or Dach play hockey, they pay to watch players like Stutzle. Xhekaj is a headhunting bum in this situation

You can absolutely argue intent. But it was ALL shoulder, ZERO head contact, and it was Stutzle's own stick that bloodied him. This was not a headshot. It was late, unquestionably.

Reactions: Essenege and bud12

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Their tears are delicious. The Sherriff is sending a message to the rest of the league. You mess with the Habs and you get a beating .

Yes, quite the message indeed. His penalties have cost the Habs the last two games in a row. What's that message exactly. Unhinged Habs are easy to get off their game? Has having Costco on the team been some sort of deterrent? It doesn't seem much like it, does it?

How many games is this suspension going to be? One, two, three?

Reactions: Breakers

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
people dont pay money to watch Xhekaj, Grieg or Dach play hockey, they pay to watch players like Stutzle. Xhekaj is a headhunting bum in this situation
Dach is a 3OA pick just like Timmy, career has been derailed by injuries but he’s our only hope to have a 2nd line at this point in the rebuild so dumb move by Greig to hit him late in a preseason game and not expect retaliation, the 4 Habs on the ice should’ve answered the call but they’re all chickenshit so Arber had to and he’s not going to be picky. As for who pays to watch games, more people will be interested for the next tilt because of this hoping Arber and Tkachuk get to square off than anything Stutzle will draw at the gate.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
I'm quite familiar with the type of 'people' Costco normally hires to pull their carts (especially during the summer swing). Can't say I'm at all surprised at how this kid has established himself thus far in the league. It's actually quite a bit worrisome, tbh.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
As blindside as the Greig hit.

The difference is the stick. Suspend the stick.

Yes, quite the message indeed. His penalties have cost the Habs the last two games in a row. What's that message exactly. Unhinged Habs are easy to get off their game? Has having Costco on the team been some sort of deterrent? It doesn't seem much like it, does it?

Last 2 preseason game. How point have we lost? Zero.

Couldnt care less that he sends message in preseason.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

How did he pick the head?

It's for sure late and definitely a penalty but he gets all shoulder. Stutzle high sticks himself and dives.

I hadn't seen that angle. So fair point, it wasn't a head pick.

That being said, it looks like Xhekaj is the reason Stutzle's stick rides up, albeit unintentionally. It's a late hit which may still get him in trouble.

As for the rest. Let's can that nonsense. I know Stutzle has a reputation but he didn't deliberately smack himself in the face with his own stick to draw a call in a preseason game none of these players give a shit about.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
What an absolutely insane start to the season it's been in Montreal. The franchise is imploding. They lose a couple of mid-level forwards to injury. Their season is apparently over, death threats are being handed out by fans, a rogue dman keeps trying to injure guys but to no avail, they're looking at yet another basement finish, fans are just wanting other team's players to be hurt and we're not yet into game 1 of the season.

What a whirlwind.

Reactions: Madap

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o

The message was quite clear. You mess with any of the Habs you get a visit from the Sheriff. It was a meaningless preseason game who cares if he takes pentalities. Its about sending a message. Cry more though your tears are yummy.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

That being said, it looks like Xhekaj is the reason Stutzle's stick rides up, albeit unintentionally. It's a late hit which may still get him in trouble.

As for the rest. Let's can that nonsense. I know Stutzle has a reputation but he didn't deliberately smack himself in the face with his own stick to draw a call in a preseason game none of these players give a shit about.
Xhekaj hit him in the shoulder and his own stick hit him. Isn't a player responsible for their own stick? They called it late which it was but as far and the head is concerned, that's nonsense......

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

I don’t honestly think he hit himself in the face but he goes from being dead to popping up to jump on the PP like he’s done many times in his young career

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
There’s a Sens/Habs preseason rematch on Saturday, then the Habs play both Leafs and Sens in the first week of the season. Unfortunately we won’t not get to see X display his “stand up” routine until Pare and the Marlies play the Rocket in December.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad