Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Double down on it!!! Amazing. They're brutal bud. They lost a 15 goal scorer last year and a 3rd liner. Boohoo. This is the year man this is it. Vegas doesn't know shit they wanna lose all that money hahaha. DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY.

You read like a great writer. By the way, I'm not doubling down on anything. It's a literal fact. The Habs broke the league record for man-games lost two years in a row. They also Price and Weber to career-ending injuries. Slafkovsky, Caufield, Guhle (and now Laine) have all missed months at a time over the years. It's not an opinion.

And also, using Vegas odds to judge a team's chances must be one of the stupidest things I've ever read and you must be a terrific mark. Your ability for math is shit.

I don't even think we're making the playoffs but whatever money you obviously lose gambling should probably be routed to writing classes.

• Haha
Reactions: overlords

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Its still extremely late that causes injury.

Should still be a suspension.
Personally, i dont care if he gets suspended or not, not my team not my monkeys. The NHL shows time and time again it has no interest in protecting players from injuries. If he gets suspended, cool, if not, its just another mark against the DOPS.

Nota good look on Jackeye though. But it wasn’t a headshot despite people saying so.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You read like a great writer. By the way, I'm not doubling down on anything. It's a literal fact. The Habs broke the league record for man-games lost two years in a row. They also Price and Weber to career-ending injuries. Slafkovsky, Caufield, Guhle (and now Laine) have all missed months at a time over the years. It's not an opinion.

And also, using Vegas odds to judge a team's chances must be one of the stupidest things I've ever read and you must be a terrific mark. Your ability for math is shit.

I don't even think we're making the playoffs but whatever money you obviously lose gambling should probably be routed to writing classes.
Maybe those players wouldnt get injured so much if goons like Xhekaj werent out there trying to injure players every game, they'd get targetted less.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Maybe those players wouldnt get injured so much if goons like Xhekaj werent out there trying to injure players every game, they'd get targetted less.

I don't think any of these injuries were the result of dirty hits. They've just had rotten luck, like Newhook getting his skate stuck in the net after falling or Dach blowing out his knee on a regular hit. Just rotten, rotten luck that's obviously taken a toll on the players.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
He did take the hit, and is likely concussed. Which absolutely sucks
It 100% sucks if he's injured. I very much like the player. I would never wish injury on any player. My response was because the comment I responded too was, well, not thought out very well.

Players like Xhekaj, who really aren't guaranteed an NHL spot, are going to play the game the way that got them to the show. Xhekaj is okay defensively and offensively, but he didn't get to the NHL on those merits. He got to the NHL by throwing big hits, being a mean defenseman in front of the net, and having decent hockey IQ. Players who aren't guaranteed a spot aren't going to hold back.

It's why, similar to Laine, I don't really blame Pare like a lot of the Montreal fanbase. The guy is close to his last chance to make the NHL, coming off his best AHL season... he's going balls to the wall in the pre-season trying to earn a spot. I have no doubt that he didn't mean to hurt Laine.

Hockey is played at a high speed. Things are going to happen - like both the Greig and Xhekaj hits being late tonight. Pre-season is the worst for it because players who are on or near the bubble will make those types of hits (not purposely late) to try to win themselves a spot on the opening night roster (or in some cases a contract in general).

If you have an issue with hits like this in meaningless games - it's an NHL issue, not a player issue.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Holy f*** you're absolutely lost. Haha. Yeah who wants to rely on the biggest sports book on planet earth. They love losing money. Incredible argument. I am sure they aren't using the data from last year when they finished 5th last with over achieving goaltending and minus goal differential of 50 +.

This is the year the Habs are so amazing!!! Best young players in the league only ones that will improve! Only team that had injuries.

Cry about Laine getting injured, celebrate Stutzles injury in the next thread. Hypocritical and disconnected from reality. What a combo. Keep the laughs coming.

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
100% not a headshot, some of you guys are f***ing wild lol

It was a late hit for sure, potentially some intent to injure as a result of the lateness to the hit but clearly no headshot.

Should be a game or two if they want to make an example out of him.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Bingo.

Laine's blood is on Xhekaj's hands.

As long as the Habs continue to injure other teams during preseason, they should not be surprised when their players get injured.

Basically, Xhekaj f***ed around and Laine found out.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I'm laughing at the idea the Habs were mentally tough and won the moral victory here. Up 2-0, lose 4-3.

They had the Habs special - preseason coaches challenge to reverse a goal in a meaningless preseason game. First time seeing that in my life so thanks Habs. 🤡
You're welcome, it was the plan all along!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad