Low Effort GDT Senators in La Belle Province to beat up some scrubs | Tuesday October 1st, 2024, 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you’re going to be in a bad mood after a game like this, it’s going to be a long season for you.
I hope there aren't many games where a goon injures one of the teams best players and the captain and assistant also leave the game from injury. That would make for a very long season indeed.

Reactions: Dionysus

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I know they cleared the path for him this summer, but I think Kleven is in real danger of being sent to Belleville. Rough camp from him thus far. Tough situation because they don't really have another in-house option right now.

Maybe time to keep an eye on the waiver wire.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm worried about Brady's shoulder. He will probably play through it for a bit, but I worry it's going to be a season long thing.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Well I meant more lost in it is the cheap shot and potentially devastating injuries.
I realize, but there's no way anyone watched that game and thought, yes, good playing guys!

Terrible.

Norris looked ok though, which is good news and Sanderson was Sanderson again. Insane how good he is.

And yak.

Reactions: bert

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
guys its preseason
My understanding of having a winning culture is you always compete, whether it's practice, pre-season, regular season or playoffs. It needs to become a habit, just the way you play.

It was a re-occurring theme last year where they started slow against the other bottom-feeder teams. We'll find out soon in the regular season if they've actually changed that or not. I was just hoping to see more of it during pre-season, not only from the AHL players but from the vets too.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hard to say if any of our players would have returned had this been a regular season game.

I'm only speculating, but based on the post game interviews where Green said nothing except they'd all be evaluated, he didn't seem particularly dour or downbeat.

I mean, we'll see what happens but it may not be that bad.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Headhunting in a pre-season game is a positive? Weird take.
If you're going to send a message, a meaningless pre-season game would be the time to do it.

Who cares that he lost them the game? He won the war.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
If you're going to send a message, a meaningless pre-season game would be the time to do it.

Who cares that he lost them the game? He won the war.

Did he? I don't think Stu and Brady will be out long-term. Cheapshoting Sens players isn't going to help the Habs out of the basement.

If anything it just ups the odds of a Sens player running one of the Habs small forwards next time they play.

One big dumb goon isn't really much of a deterent. Florida last year as an example. No enforcers. Just a lot of guys who play with a pack mentality. That's where actual team toughness comes from.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I know they cleared the path for him this summer, but I think Kleven is in real danger of being sent to Belleville. Rough camp from him thus far. Tough situation because they don't really have another in-house option right now.

Maybe time to keep an eye on the waiver wire.
I also am a bit worried but hes only 22 and dmen take time to develop. He looked lost on the Habs 3rd goal especially.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Did he? I don't think Stu and Brady will be out long-term. Cheapshoting Sens players isn't going to help the Habs out of the basement.

If anything it just ups the odds of a Sens player running one of the Habs small forwards next time they play.

One big dumb goon isn't really much of a deterent. Florida last year as an example. No enforcers. Just a lot of guys who play with a pack mentality. That's where actual team toughness comes from.
Maybe they won't be out long-term, but are they healthy? Stutzle played most of last season with a bum wrist and he was nowhere near as good as he needs to be because of it.

Tkachuk is clearly already battling something because this is the second pre-season game he's left due to injury. I'm sure he'll be in the lineup opening night, but how effective is he going to be? Remains to be seen.

I don't see Florida as a good comparable for the Senators. For starters, they have Jonah Gadjovich on their team and he can pretty much handle anybody in the modern NHL in a fight. He's stood in against the likes of Olivier, Deslauriers, Marcus Foligno, Garnet Hathaway, and Adam Lowry and more than held his own. We don't have anybody like that. Not to mention that a few of their top guys like Matthew Tkachuk and Sam Bennett can handle their own business. They had Ryan Lomberg. Even a guy like Niko Mikkola was a menace. They bullied us last season!

Ottawa has Brady Tkachuk and that's it. Whenever anything happens, it's his responsibility to deal with it because he knows he's the only one who can or will. It shouldn't be on him to go out and fight Arber Xhekaj, but it is. We can't have a 35 goal-scorer as our only response in these situations; it's only a matter of time until he gets hurt. The man needs backup.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
It doesn't help that 1/2 of this team's top 10 most talented players are made out of glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad